• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raya

Travis.     Downing.   Mulgrew.    Williams

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Samuel.            Dack.         Antonsson

Graham

I would also have Doyle on the bench and start giving him minutes. Harper and Hart would be nowhere near the squad

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Raya

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Graham

I would also have Doyle on the bench and start giving him minutes. Harper and Hart would be nowhere near the squad

Like that team. There might be an argument for Conway over Samuel. I know he was far from brilliant last time out but he had been out with injury for some time.

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Raya

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Graham

Did Harper have another poor game last night Oldgregg? I've never understood that signing with Tomlinson in the youth set up. Admittedly I don't watch that many U23 games, have seen like 2 this year, but I think Rankin-Costello can play there too. Which begs the question why we signed this lad from West Brom?

I've not seen Hart play yet either but by all accounts he's not impressed. It's a shame really because he has a real chance of first team football with Williams as his rival at LB. 

Getting to the point where every game is an expected win with the sneaking suspicion we will see 

A Mowbray special selection and formation...

Lady luck/Ref on the other side

Opposition highly motivated and play their best performance of the season

Bus parked with one deadly break away raid

In any event, Charlton must be desperate to regain the form which had quietly moved them into 3rd position and able to go second had they won their games in hand. As it is, if we tonk them, they could slip out of the play-off slots. I know nothing about them so that is the 21st league opponent this season this is true of... Just hope there are no red red robbins bobbin at the Full Time whistle.  

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Did Harper have another poor game last night Oldgregg? I've never understood that signing with Tomlinson in the youth set up. Admittedly I don't watch that many U23 games, have seen like 2 this year, but I think Rankin-Costello can play there too. Which begs the question why we signed this lad from West Brom?

I've not seen Hart play yet either but by all accounts he's not impressed. It's a shame really because he has a real chance of first team football with Williams as his rival at LB. 

He was diabolical. Ive seen glimpses of him that show he has talent with the ball.  If he has the football intelligence, desire, motivation positional awareness to improve I don't know  and more down to him as person. He can't or doesn't want to play out wide. He drifts into the centre and literally just gets in the way. All night he didn't know where he was supposed to be. His body language ( especially for such a young unproven lad) is all wrong and then to boot the ball at the ref in a replayed game he was more than partially responsible for is just mind blowing. He should have been busting a gut to make up for the sending off and conceding a penalty but he just wasn't interested. 

Hart tbf to him didn't do anything wrong last night. He played left of midfield last night when he came on. He isn't good enough to be a rovers player. He isn't good enough to start for the u23s Imo. Jack Doyle is far better and should be getting some opportunities. I'm of the belief that if your around the age of 20 and you've been in top academies all your life you should be able to play in league 1 . I remember seeing a centre back  called jack o' connell and thinking this lad should be promoted to the first team squad. Then summer came, released. Now he is at Sheffield united playing regularly. I watch Scott wharton now and think I hope this doesn't end up with him playing at a decent championship club because we have eliiot ward on the bench

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

He was diabolical. Ive seen glimpses of him that show he has talent with the ball.  If he has the football intelligence, desire, motivation positional awareness to improve I don't know  and more down to him as person. He can't or doesn't want to play out wide. He drifts into the centre and literally just gets in the way. All night he didn't know where he was supposed to be. His body language ( especially for such a young unproven lad) is all wrong and then to boot the ball at the ref in a replayed game he was more than partially responsible for is just mind blowing. He should have been busting a gut to make up for the sending off and conceding a penalty but he just wasn't interested. 

Hart tbf to him didn't do anything wrong last night. He played left of midfield last night when he came on. He isn't good enough to be a rovers player. He isn't good enough to start for the u23s Imo. Jack Doyle is far better and should be getting some opportunities. I'm of the belief that if your around the age of 20 and you've been in top academies all your life you should be able to play in league 1 . I remember seeing a centre back  called jack o' connell and thinking this lad should be promoted to the first team squad. Then summer came, released. Now he is at Sheffield united playing regularly. I watch Scott wharton now and think I hope this doesn't end up with him playing at a decent championship club because we have eliiot ward on the bench

We seem to have form for not giving our young lads a chance. A lot of people called for O'Connell to get chances but he kept getting sent out on loan if memory serves.

Harper seems like a petulant little boy. Should send him back to West Brom and let him help out in their inevitable relegation from the PL. Never had much time for them.

I think in the case against Charlton I'd probably still start either Whittingham or Evans purely because I don't want any excuses for a loss. Tomlinson has shown he's good enough to come on over Harper so a place on the bench seems fair in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

We seem to have form for not giving our young lads a chance. A lot of people called for O'Connell to get chances but he kept getting sent out on loan if memory serves.

Harper seems like a petulant little boy. Should send him back to West Brom and let him help out in their inevitable relegation from the PL. Never had much time for them.

I think in the case against Charlton I'd probably still start either Whittingham or Evans purely because I don't want any excuses for a loss. Tomlinson has shown he's good enough to come on over Harper so a place on the bench seems fair in my eyes.

If that was the case then I'd also be happy with that providing he starts getting minutes

Another tough game here but with the confidence gained through our current form it certainly winnable. As always team selection and tactics will be important as I believe Charlton will sit in with banks of four and five getting behind the ball when we are in possession. The wide players will be really important to give us width and hopefully get in behind. We should be putting Wigan in our sights now as the have Wimbledon and Oxford away and Shrewsbury at home in their next three games.

Charlton are managed by Karl Robinson so they should try and play a bit. That may suit us if they leave gaps. If they shove ten on the edge of their box and we don't score early it could be another frustrating afternoon. We seem to be a totally different proposition when we can't hit teams on the break.

They've won at Bradford and lost at Scunny recently.

Leon Best plays for them.

2-1 Rovers (Dack, Antonnson)

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Whittingham's out for a few weeks. Evans had stitches in his knee so may be fit.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Charlton are managed by Karl Robinson so they should try and play a bit. That may suit us if they leave gaps. If they shove ten on the edge of their box and we don't score early it could be another frustrating afternoon. We seem to be a totally different proposition when we can't hit teams on the break.

Didn't know that about Evans/Whittingham. In which case I guess I would start Tomlinson.

It has a Best goal written all over then................

Listening to Talksport last night they were telling a story about after their defeat at the weekend, Robinson gave their players permission to have a Christmas party as long as hey keep it very low key and no publicity. Best took the players to Newcastle for their party and it got plastered all over social media. 

Looks like Best's influence is already working at Charlton.

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Listening to Talksport last night they were telling a story about after their defeat at the weekend, Robinson gave their players permission to have a Christmas party as long as hey keep it very low key and no publicity. Best took the players to Newcastle for their party and it got plastered all over social media. 

Looks like Best's influence is already working at Charlton.

Think he's only on a short term contract too. What a tool.

I don't understand how he keeps getting a contract. Even if you look at his performances in isolation he's been awful throughout most of his career. His goal scoring record for a centre forward stinks. Couple that with his disgusting attitude and he's like a clubs worst nightmare rolled into one.

Players like Ravel Morrison have been dumped to scratch out careers in Mexico because his attitude is horrible. He's ten times the player Best is though so why do people keep punting on Best but refuse players like him? 

His agent must be pretty good.

• Backroom

Best is an ok player; did well at Rotherham but is an absolute tool it seems.

Nile Ranger is carving out a career in league one so if he scores a few goals he'll end up somewhere.

On merit I would play Tomlinson and think Graham has earned a spot up top, only question for me would be Conway or Samuel wide right 

raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Downing Williams 

Conway Smallwood Tomlinson Antonsson

Dack

Graham 

17 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It'll be like playing against 10 men.

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

Best is an ok player; did well at Rotherham but is an absolute tool it seems.

Nile Ranger is carving out a career in league one so if he scores a few goals he'll end up somewhere.

It's disgusting that players like Nile Ranger still get professional contracts. He's been involved in rape, armed robbery and fraud cases (serving prison for some) and he can still have a privileged job as a footballer.

Meanwhile if the average Joe gets into a fight in a pub and subsequently charged he can lose his career for it or, in an even more relative scenario, "celebrities" that have their past views aired on social media dragged up lose their roles to maintain good publicity.

Anyway, back to Charlton, I can't see Karl Robinson parking the bus. His sides tend to play a passing game so I can see it being quite open which should suit us.

Best must have an incredible agent. He is muck. Testament to that is I have never heard anyone say he should be anywhere near the Ireland squad,, even though we were relying on Robbie Keane until he was late 30s and have pretty much no goal scoring forward at the moment. I don't think any Irish person would even remember he got an Irish cap.  The guy has had more clubs that Tiger Woods and has fallen out with managers or fans practically everywhere. 

Fans on Saturday should treat him as the insignificance he is and just ignore him. 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's disgusting that players like Nile Ranger still get professional contracts. He's been involved in rape, armed robbery and fraud cases (serving prison for some) and he can still have a privileged job as a footballer.

Meanwhile if the average Joe gets into a fight in a pub and subsequently charged he can lose his career for it or, in an even more relative scenario, "celebrities" that have their past views aired on social media dragged up lose their roles to maintain good publicity.

Anyway, back to Charlton, I can't see Karl Robinson parking the bus. His sides tend to play a passing game so I can see it being quite open which should suit us.

Yeah and they were on a good run not so long ago and will now want to put their recent form to bed. Should they lose they will be struggling to compete for the playoff playoff places. it suits us if teams are more open at our place - so am hoping they will come at us more.

If you invite the likes of Leon Best into your club you invite his ego and attitude as well so I've no sympathy he's a very well known tosser. Hope he plays Saturday and gets reminded of this fact although he'll probably score.

I also fear a bus park job here, bad memories of  Monday Sky game in Prem Charlton came up and put everyone behind the bal for 90+ mins except Bent who ran the front line on his own. Think they nicked one from a set piece 0-1 :o

Rovers 1   Charlton  1

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Sod’s Law Leon Worst will want to prove something to Karl Robinson who rescued him from total obscurity. 

14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Raya

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Graham

Good team, I like it.

Archived