Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Charlton

14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Raya

Travis.     Downing.   Mulgrew.    Williams

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Samuel.            Dack.         Antonsson

Graham

I would also have Doyle on the bench and start giving him minutes. Harper and Hart would be nowhere near the squad

Nuttall in for Graham and that's a decent side. Definitely dont want to see injury crock and uninspiring Evans recalled ahead of Tomlinson.

Huge game. Win on Saturday and we're only two wins away from Howard Kendall's record of eight straight League wins set in 1980. It would also put us eight points ahead of Charlton and you would have thought it would be quite difficult for them to finish above us unless we have a meltdown.

Come on lads. Its my birthday Sunday. Party Saturday night and my best mate is travelling up from London for the game beforehand so don't let us down!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Raya

Travis.     Downing.   Mulgrew.    Williams

Smallwood.  Tomlinson

Samuel.            Dack.         Antonsson

Graham

I would also have Doyle on the bench and start giving him minutes. Harper and Hart would be nowhere near the squad

Great attacking line up but teams always target our right back or the area just in front of him whether it be Caddis - to slow- or Nyambe - poor positioning & decision making.

Imo that's asking for trouble there'll be a void to aim for between Samuel and the inexperienced Travis.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Great attacking line up but teams always target our right back or the area just in front of him whether it be Caddis - to slow- or Nyambe - poor positioning & decision making.

Imo that's asking for trouble there'll be a void to aim for between Samuel and the inexperienced Travis.

Ideally Bennett would be their but he's suspended. Maybe play Caddis with that team and bring Travis in when Bennett returns

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Ideally Bennett would be their but he's suspended. Maybe play Caddis with that team and bring Travis in when Bennett returns

Or try Bennett at right back when he's back, if jlowe could manage it I'm sure he could.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Why? Hes a winger not a full back. 

We got 3 full backs in Nyambe, Travis and Caddis. Why dont a 4th?

Because you should always be trying to strengthen and improve the starting 11 and for me Nyambe and Caddis just aren't consistent enough there. 

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Because you should always be trying to strengthen and improve the starting 11 and for me Nyambe and Caddis just aren't consistent enough there. 

From what Ive seen of Travis and from reading reports about him he seems the best prospect. 

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Or try Bennett at right back when he's back, if jlowe could manage it I'm sure he could.

I really think Bennett at right back is the answer. Can't see it happening though and I would like to see Travis given a run of games the way nyambe did to really judge him. Bennett would be safe and mobile at right back which neither Caddis or nyambe can offer

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Tomlinson

Antonsson    Dack     Conway

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Travis Wharton Hart Hardcastle Graham Nuttall

That'd be my team but one or two of them would be playing for their places on Saturday.

Just now, islander200 said:

Graham has performed well of late

Graham is far too static for me. We attack with much more pace and purpose when Nuttall is up front imo. That said Mowbray will probably go with Dack/Graham or preferably from my point of view Dack/Samuel.

Raya

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Evans Smallwood

Conway Dack Antonsson

Graham

This is the proper test, all teams go through runs where they are scoring goals and playing at top form, this is a game thatll show the character, can we get over the line and when weve got injuries etc. Its about finding wins when you dont have your full team available.

If Evans is out then Tomlinson over Harper anyday, if Antonsson is out we are really struggling, literally no other options, Samuel and Dack have shown to be ineffective out wide.

Graham has to start, got another goal and seemingly had an excellent game Wednesday, was excellent v Blackpool and will hold the ball up which Samuel cannot do half as well.

Nyambe needs to be dropped too.

• J*B pinned this topic
51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

..........Graham has to start, got another goal and seemingly had an excellent game Wednesday, was excellent v Blackpool and will hold the ball up which Samuel cannot do half as well.........

Agree.  Graham's had a bad start to season for whatever reason but his presence/experience as a front man is best we have. Think he has a point to prove so start the quality goal scorer.  :rover:

Raya

Travis    Downing      Mulgrew     Williams

Tomlinson Smallwood  

Samuel               Dack                 Antonsson

Graham

I think this is a game where Graham would do well.. Fresh from a goal in mid week and his hold up play and ability to bring others into play against a team likely to sit deep will help in a crowded area. Cant see much space for Samuel as a lone forward to run in behind. 

Id go for this team with Samuel, Antonsson and Dack making plenty of runs off graham.

I really don't understand why some fans are saying they would start Samuel on the wing instead of Conway. Baffling. Samuel is an out and out striker,while Conway is a solid and experienced winger. 

This is the first game in I don't know how long,where I actually thought,Jesus we are good enough to beat anyone in this division if the work rate is there. 2-1 Rovers. 

Charlton have their fair share of injury concerns it would seem:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15774711.Charlton_suffer_fresh_injury_blow_ahead_of_Blackburn_trip/

Not sure who the additional unnamed injured player is. Billy Clarke, Mark Marshall and Joe Aribo were all substituted last saturday for them, so possibly one of them.

I'd go for Conway wide rather than Samuel too. Square pegs in square holes please. Or maybe that's big round pegs in big round holes in Conway's case!  

7 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

Charlton have their fair share of injury concerns it would seem:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15774711.Charlton_suffer_fresh_injury_blow_ahead_of_Blackburn_trip/

Not sure who the additional unnamed injured player is. Billy Clarke, Mark Marshall and Joe Aribo were all substituted last saturday for them, so possibly one of them.

I'd go for Conway wide rather than Samuel too. Square pegs in square holes please. Or maybe that's big round pegs in big round holes in Conway's case!  

Early in the season I thought when it gets to injuries, other teams will find it even harder than us to maintain quality in their starting 11s. Hopefully we see this over xmas. 

True quote from Mowbray in another article 

He added: “The games come thick and fast and we’re going to have to use the squad.

“You look around our bench on any weekend and they would already probably get in most League One teams.

“Everyone is going to be needed so we’ll all need to work hard in training and when your chance comes you have to take it.

19 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I really think Bennett at right back is the answer. Can't see it happening though and I would like to see Travis given a run of games the way nyambe did to really judge him. Bennett would be safe and mobile at right back which neither Caddis or nyambe can offer

Been Saying the same all season. However now we don't have Chapman, I think we really need to use him as a winger, unless Conway starts putting in some performances.

Charlton fans seem to be expecting a tonking. Last few Charlton performances have been bad by the looks of it. Interesting how they single out Bradley Dack and...Ben Gladwin as an example of our squad strength. Obviously dont know how bad he is.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80200/blackburn-v-charlton-sat-16-dec-3pm-ko-match-preview-predictions-news-views

Archived