BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Charlton

We need to play more of an high energy game in central midfield. Neither of Evans or Whittingham fit the bill in that respect. Evans always looks to be playing within himself to me, like he's conserving his energy. Whittingham I'm afraid is playing from memory now. He's a neat passer of the ball but you won't hurt anybody playing from the centre circle. Tugay he isn't ! Smallwood and Tomlinson should be able to get around the pitch much better.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

That's easy to say when he's out injured for 3 months!

Mowbray was quite adamant Chapman didn't do enough defensively. Then he started him because we were struggling at home and we won 3-0 and got a rare clean sheet at home. Chapman made the difference that day. He then dropped him in the next game at Wigan where he got injured.

Mowbray's opinions on Nuttall flip-flopped as well when it suited him. 

What are you 'confused' about re the above post @Biz?

Just now, Biz said:

We both know Chapman is suspect without the ball, and no single example can challenge that.

We only have one example to go on because he only started one league game, which resulted in a clean sheet. Other players in that team are 'suspect' without the ball,  especially Whittingham, and he's played lots of games and also created virtually nothing. That argument doesn't stack up.

Stick to emoji's;)

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We only have one example to go on because he only started one league game, which resulted in a clean sheet. Other players in that team are 'suspect' without the ball,  especially Whittingham, and he's played lots of games and also created virtually nothing. That argument doesn't stack up.

Stick to emoji's;)

B.b, I’m assuming you misunderstood on purpose, as we both know Harry Chapman has played more than one game in his career. I don’t think it’s possible to ignore the suggestion that he is more of a luxury attacking player, than someone who you can rely on for 90 minutes in battles, at set pieces and to cover the overlap. 

Just now, Biz said:

B.b, I’m assuming you misunderstood on purpose, as we both know Harry Chapman has played more than one game in his career. I don’t think it’s possible to ignore the suggestion that he is more of a luxury attacking player, than someone who you can rely on for 90 minutes in battles, at set pieces and to cover the overlap. 

And I'm assuming you ignored my point  about Whittingham as you could be describing him there. Whittingham plays in a far more responsible position on the pitch too and I'm yet to see him track a runner. There was never any justification for leaving Chapman out at home based on your criteria. His performance against an attacking Pompey team proved it.

One start for a man of his ability was nothing short of a disgrace in a team that was struggling to break down the opposition.

His dancing feet were a joy to behold. They would have warmed today up.

Enjoy the match today, COYB!!

I'm looking forward to today's game and expect it to be fairly even. As ever, I'm concerned about Rovers' lack of pace and inability to get round the back on the flanks particularly at home. 

Stick with the recent back 4 with Tomlinson and Smallwood in CM, Conway wide right and Antonsson left with Dack and Samuel up top. I think it's important to encourage the full backs into more of an attacking role at home.

It could be a cracking game and I go for Rovers to nick it 3-2 with a nervy finish.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What's the weather like in Blackburn ? Intermittent snow flurries over here in Rochdale.

Drizzle Tyrone, a greasy surface type, great sliding tackle weather for a fullback to dump the winger on the running track. If only......

56 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And I'm assuming you ignored my point  about Whittingham as you could be describing him there. Whittingham plays in a far more responsible position on the pitch too and I'm yet to see him track a runner. There was never any justification for leaving Chapman out at home based on your criteria. His performance against an attacking Pompey team proved it.

One start for a man of his ability was nothing short of a disgrace in a team that was struggling to break down the opposition.

His dancing feet were a joy to behold. They would have warmed today up.

Enjoy the match today, COYB!!

Not sure what Whittingham has to do with my confusion on the initial post - but I’ll repeat myself for a third time; one start + the 3-0 result has no baring on the school of thought regarding HChapman. You might disagree, but I think his use suited his abilities. 

Nothing short of a disgrace? I can see an argument for both sides of that opinion, so I think “disgrace” is extremely hyperbolic.

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

but I’ll repeat myself for a third time; one start + the 3-0 result has no baring on the school of thought regarding HChapman

And I'll repeat myself for a third time, it's the only evidence we've got. Ignoring it debases your argument. As does ignoring the fact Whittingham is guilty of all the things you accuse Chapman of but has been a regular fixture in the team.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:24, chaddyrovers said:

Why? Hes a winger not a full back. 

We got 3 full backs in Nyambe, Travis and Caddis. Why dont a 4th?

Nyambe and Caddis are crap and get targeted every match. Travis is untried to a large extent but can't do any worse. I believe that Bennett has successfully played as a right back before.

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

And I'll repeat myself for a third time, it's the only evidence we've got. Ignoring it debases your argument. As does ignoring the fact Whittingham is guilty of all the things you accuse Chapman of but has been a regular fixture in the team.

Two completely different players, with absolutely different usage, skills and experience. To compare the two shows a lack of understanding, equally as confusing as the initial post in this discussion.

16 minutes ago, Biz said:

Two completely different players, with absolutely different usage, skills and experience. To compare the two shows a lack of understanding, equally as confusing as the initial post in this discussion.

My post was quite specific to the weaknesses you levelled at Chapman. i just pointed out Whittingham displays the same weaknesses. You now seem to have gone off on a tangent. It's no surprise you find posts confusing, you don't understand the discussions you're involved in. 

Archived