BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Charlton

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we can relax and enjoy the three points. Time for a fun-fact.

Jake Forster-Caskey who played for them against us has two dads, both of who are former footballers and teammates. Nicky Forster and Darren Caskey.

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Swings in roundabouts, plenty of games we dominate and dont win

You can say that again...

Not pretty but I couldn't care less. If Conway didn't put in 110% effort think the boots would have been hung up a long time ago, lost it completely.

Smallwood and Mulgrew bossing these games. Raya had a good day too! Onwards we go. Disappointed to see Wigan and Scunthorpe winning

4 minutes ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Been pretty good today. Goal! Graham!

Debatable for me mate, worked hard, but not much produced. Maybe I am just being harsh, he has been out for while.

1 minute ago, RoverInverness said:

Had to spend the entire bloody day Christmas shopping - wasn't fun - finally get back to the house to find us winning due to a Leon Best og - one min after he comes on. Thanks God! Beautifully scripted - apologies for my cursing you earlier on in the day.

NOW TWO!!!

Get in!

Seriously. It must be Christmas. History will show 3 points and an own goal from Best as well as an injury time goal. Everything we usually fear. Karma is a beautiful thing. Let’s savour the moment. 

Just now, AlanK said:

I didn't see the game but if folk are suggesting we played badly and won then that's fine by me.

No complaints from here either, but if we are seriously aiming for straight promotion then we should dominate at least 90 percent of home games. Well, maybe this one was in that 10%.

Great job lads, lucky or not!!!

Kept it tight ourselves at the back, and it paid off with a couple of bonus goals. Clean sheet, three points in the bag, and a couple of goals to add to our goal difference.

Shame we couldn't move up a place, but putting one into Charlton helps to demoralise a promotion hopeful, so that's all we can do.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Winning 2-0 against a team who were better on the day is how you get promotion.

They weren't better. They created nothing of significance, as opposed to us. They did seem to have a fair amount of possession, but if you're not clinical with it, then it's goodnight Vienna.

Archived