BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood tickets

10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We only took 2700 tickets for Celtic, didnt John Williams think we wouldn’t sell the bigger allocation?

Then thousands descended on Ewood the morning they went on sale, they opened up the Blackburn End concourse with bacon butties from memory.

That's correct, he took a look at our away league followings and thought we didn't need more than the 2700, when infact I think we could have requested up to 6000 there.

Celtic, Anfield in 95, and a couple of Utd games in the early 90's are the ones I remember always selling out in the first day or so. Think Anfield in the cup a couple of seasons back took about 3 days to sell.

19 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

We only took 2700 tickets for Celtic, didnt John Williams think we wouldn’t sell the bigger allocation?

Then thousands descended on Ewood the morning they went on sale, they opened up the Blackburn End concourse with bacon butties from memory.

I heard we had three options at Celtic, 3k, 5k and 7k and for the reasons that have been outlined, we opted for the lowest of the three. I know in the hotel the following morning, some Irish Celtic fans we met said we’d made the most racket they’d ever heard there.

Whilst our home  attendances have, at times, led a lot to be desired, for certain big matches over the years our away followings have been impressive, especially where we’ve been the underdog. West Brom, Derby and Villa in the FA Cup, Liverpool in the League Cup twice, Wednesday in the League Cup Semi Final where we took 110 coaches (albeit subsidised/free travel) and a few more I will have forgotten about.

Celtic certainly fell into those categories, although we certainly weren’t underdogs. We would have shifted 7k for Celtic Park without any trouble at all.

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Don’t think we sold out, we had the whole Clock End and from memory there were empty seats in the corners.

Plenty room left, think we had about 3200 down there which wasn't bad. 

The club had to put a message out on Radio Lancs asking fans not to go to Ewood as tickets had sold out by about 11:00am for the Celtic game.Hundreds were being turned away.

The first ever competitive meeting between the two clubs I do believe...John Williams got demand for that one totally wrong.

I was one of the lucky ones,a great experience...Souness a legend and he milked the night for all it was worth!

He loved every minute of that game and made sure the lads savoured it, even took them up there on the train and marched them chests puffed out through the punters many of who were probably Celtic.

What a geezer.

I have ended up with a seated ticket for the Fleetwood game, however I would prefer to be on the terrace.

If anyone knows someone who has a terrace ticket but would prefer to be seated, please would you let me know as I would be very happy to swap tickets.

Thanks in advance.

Archived