SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton Town v Rovers

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

On 12/21/2017 at 02:40, den9112 said:

Sounded like we were garbage, still had chances to win it.  Useless.  Sounded to me like everyone was hungover from the party, on holiday already.  Must do better.  Bright nite is it's a point away follow up with a win Boxing day and that's not bad.

Meh.

Really wanted us to keep the winning run going and have a crack at beating the Club record for consecutive wins in the upcoming home games. Not the end of the world though. Oldest cliche in the book if you miss penalties you dont deserve the win. 

Arguably shows we have a few key players like Raya Mulgrew Smallwood Dack Chapman (when fit) and beyond that not a great deal? God forbid we get an injury to Dack.

How frustrating. I can forgive a poor half if we create enough chances to rectify, but after missing an absolute sitter, Conway should have stood up and insisted on taking that penalty to make amends. He's proved before that he is a quality penalty taker, so why on Earth was Antonsson taking it? I suppose it's easy to say after the event, but I was hoping at the time that Conway would pick it up and put right a wrong.

Never mind. A point is OK if Bradford and Shrewsbury are held to a draw or less. Still unbeaten, and let's hope that we take that frustration out on lowly Rochdale in three days' time.

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Conwy is even club captain and captain for the day. He hid when his team needed him to stand up and take the penalty.

According to the radio commentary Antonnson grabbed the ball the minute the penalty was awarded. But Conway should have put his foot down and took the ball off him

Just now, islander200 said:

According to the radio commentary Antonnson grabbed the ball the minute the penalty was awarded. But Conway should have put his foot down and took the ball off him

So did Benteke for Palace the other week.

And just as in that case the captain should stand up and overule him  for the good of the team.

"Disorganized defense at least at first half, missed penalty."

We probably paid two points for Charlie's illness today. But for sure we can't rely so much on one player in long term. Just hoping and praying Mulgrew won't get injured at the remaining season.

Just now, Doug said:

I thought we would struggle when I saw the starting 11 so will take a draw.

Hope Charlie is fit for Rochdale game.

Still, it's a decent unbeaten run we're on.

Yes, all my confidence drained away when I saw that line up. 

Archived