SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton Town v Rovers

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Come on Pompey.

TM referencing illness to a few in post match conference. Dublin was evidently hit very hard...

Disappointed to only take a point. We couldn't get to our normal intensity because of the situation of a lot of the players' health. No excuses. We couldn't get to the levels we needed to or have been getting to."

"I don't want make a big thing of it. We haven't played as poorly as that for a long, long time."

https://twitter.com/richsharpe89/status/944603049930166272

Wigan are the only other club in this League I'm particularly bothered about. I quite rightly picked them out as the biggest threat to promotion from Day zero. The problem is who's likely to be the 2nd biggest? I'm not convinced in the slightest that Shrewsbury will.

Wigan have proven before they can handle this league (recent promotion) and they don't have that negative cloud constantly hanging over the club. Quite possibly they have a better manager as well as he's "up and coming" with no failures...yet. The thing with Mowbray is while I have severe doubts about him at Championship level the L1 doubts aren't quite so high.

2 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I don't think people should be getting out pitchforks either but those of a concessional mentality are so quick to ram the message down people's throats. 

Its December and embarrassing enough to be in same league as likes of Shrewsbury to begin with. I know some people care about the other results but Rovers need to take care of themselves. That's what failed to happen last season not because of the final day or blaming Huddersfield.

That's how I feel. 1 crap result and the sky is falling, Mowbray out, let's all kill ourselves and so on. We may win the next game 10-0, Shrewsbury might drop like a stone................Let's wait a while before we inflate the rubber dinghies.

1 minute ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Were Wigan one of the few teams we were better than last season...

Good job we have improved then

TM ballsed it up early season but every credit to him he put it right and Dack has proved worth his faith and the money.

Whittingham however was a shocker of a signing or a misguided one at best someone with some legs and actual desire would make a big difference alongside Smallwood for a multitude of reasons but seems we will be stuck rotating between him and the made of candyfloss enigma that is Evans.

Neither live up to their reputations or wages for me. The engine room is halfway there with Ritchie being an upgrade (in lower league obv) on Lowe but an inspired signing in there could pull it all together a bit more imo.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Come on Pompey.

TM referencing illness to a few in post match conference. Dublin was evidently hit very hard...

There are a lot of heavy colds going round up here tbf. I myself have just recovered from a heavy dose of man flu which was probably worse than ebola and childbirth combined.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

TM ballsed it up early season but every credit to him he put it right and Dack has proved worth his faith and the money.

Whittingham however was a shocker of a signing or a misguided one at best someone with some legs and actual desire would make a big difference alongside Smallwood for a multitude of reasons but seems we will be stuck rotating between him and the made of candyfloss enigma that is Evans.

Neither live up to their reputations or wages for me. The engine room is halfway there with Ritchie being an upgrade (in lower league obv) on Lowe but an inspired signing in there could pull it all together a bit more imo.

See Birmingham's manager already under serious pressure and there's even speculation they sacked him then changed their mind. Perhaps its mean to blame Lowe as he's hardly played but he really is a managers graveyard. Everywhere the man goes there's nothing but misery.

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We need another centre half in January and a fast winger. Get on it Tony 

Do we really need another centre half? Depends on how long it will take for lenihan to get up to speed I suppose. Mowbray must have no faith in Wharton at all if he favours the beyond awful elliot ward 

4 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Disappointed to only take a point. We couldn't get to our normal intensity because of the situation of a lot of the players' health. No excuses. We couldn't get to the levels we needed to or have been getting to."

"I don't want make a big thing of it. We haven't played as poorly as that for a long, long time."

https://twitter.com/richsharpe89/status/944603049930166272

Miss an open goal and a penalty and you don't deserve to win. Squandered 2 points today but we have to move on. Wigan 7 nil up as I own this. ?☹️

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They play each other Boxing Day so we'll make back ground somewhere if we beat Rochdale.

Hooray 

Not feeling too confident of that win mind you, if we do win though any result in the other game is a good one 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Hooray 

Not feeling too confident of that win mind you, if we do win though any result in the other game is a good one 

Unfortunately that's part of the reason I don't focus that much on other results. Then again I'm not being all bleak and anticipating a defeat either.

3 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yes the most clinical penalties are pretty much impossible to save but at least the BBC report claims he was "superbly thwarted". I would be more annoyed if he missed Jaap Stam style.

Awful penalty ..run up stop ..soft side foot ..trying to bluff the keeper ..that softly hit the keeper saves with one hand and the ball doesnt even rebound back out .

13 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yes the most clinical penalties are pretty much impossible to save but at least the BBC report claims he was "superbly thwarted". I would be more annoyed if he missed Jaap Stam style.

BBC reporter should have gone to specsavers.

• Backroom

Annoyingly I remember Conway at Brentford last season just smashing it and making it really hard to save, he should have been taking that as captain 

Archived