BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

4 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Is there anything this season (or since Mowbray took over) that has caused you to continue your NAPM stance?

Not really, it’s good to see us playing well and winning for once. But one season doesn’t go anywhere near compensating for the previous 7 (?). The reality is we shouldn’t be anywhere near this league. 

From where I sit clubs our size, in our area are probably second division clubs. Burnley, PNE, Bolton, Wigan etc. But we had (when they took over) the biggest advantage known to man. It’s like playing a computer game with the cheat codes. They messed all of that up alone. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike E said:

Thanks for the well wishes :)

The Trust's main aims are to get the club into safe hands (whether it involves fans on the board or not, but preferably so), and to preserve/regenerate the fan base without supporting Venky's.  Of course, there is no way we can kick Venky's out, but we're working on ways to help create a buzz about the club.

I'm reluctant to outline 3 main projects that spring to mind just yet as I don't want them to be hindered, but mhead (Chair of the Trust) may be willing to expand.

The Trust also retains its original purpose to act as a safety net in the event of administration.

Most importantly, Rovers Trust is not explicitly a protest group.

thanks for the reply. 

Keep the projects private until they are deffo ready for public domain. No problem from me. 

Also I have never thought that the Rovers Trust was a protest group at all

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not really, it’s good to see us playing well and winning for once. But one season doesn’t go anywhere near compensating for the previous 7 (?). The reality is we shouldn’t be anywhere near this league. 

From where I sit clubs our size, in our area are probably second division clubs. Burnley, PNE, Bolton, Wigan etc. But we had (when they took over) the biggest advantage known to man. It’s like playing a computer game with the cheat codes. They messed all of that up alone. 

Fair play, Josh. For me, it's about the end result, and particularly now, I'm not convinced that the grass would be greener under new owners. That's the be all and end all from my perspective, but each to their own - respect.

I have good friends who continue to attend. I have no issues with their attending, particularly since they tell me the main reason they do so is to continue meeting up with their son who comes to Blackburn for home games. If my family still lived near enough and worked suitable hours to attend matches I might well come to Ewood. But they don't and I see no reason why I should pay money to watch something that for a long time has given me very little pleasure. I don't comment on players or matches I haven't seen. I just come on here to read other people's views and to keep up to date with news. Boycotting? NAPM? I don't wear labels. I'm a non attender for a whole range of reasons, some of which are to do with the way the club was run, some to do with the quality of the football on offer ( not the league we play in but the quality of the football at our current level) and some to do with changing life circumstances. I fully respect the decision to attend and expect those who do still attend to respect my choice not to.

44 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Fair play, Josh. For me, it's about the end result, and particularly now, I'm not convinced that the grass would be greener under new owners. That's the be all and end all from my perspective, but each to their own - respect.

It would if they wrote off the debt (which has been accrued due to their poor decision making) and sold the club for its actual value. But I’m a realist, that won’t happen. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Won't be going back till they're gone. Do away days no problem so hardly depriving myself though I wish I would as its bloody poor football.

wish those still attending would be more selfless tbh

When was the last time you had a season ticket?*

*At Ewood, not at Rangers, the club you support.

3 hours ago, Phil T said:

Do any of the boycotters here respect that supporters still want to attend home matches?

Without doubt of course! It comes down to what people think individually is right. 

4 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Two or three of those that I know are now back supporting the club at Ewood.  I suppose it shows that changing your mind isn't a problem - let's be honest we all do it.  Venky's may be here for another five, ten or twenty years and I'm sure are not losing sleep over individual supporters staying away.  With the upturn in fortunes, on the field at least, attendances are slowly creeping up again as a 'feel good' factor starts to return.

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think by virtue of the fact that they don't create threads like this, yes.

This forum needs a like icon for "fckin yeah" nail on head

It's always been inevitable that one day the club may have a miniscule run of success and the majority will think everything in the garden is rosey and once again turn on their fellow fan. It's one reason of many why I'm on year 6 of NAPM. The Bolton debacle and the abuse I received was the straw that broke my camels back. Whilst I always wish the club do well but when they haven't in the last half decade, and the game is truly awful, I like to think that those spineless abusers are reaping the reward. That in itself is sad but the Venkyscum have embittered me.

Hate as much as anyone what's happened over the past 7 years, and the owners for their ignorance and arrogance, but never understood the boycott. What does NAPM mean? 

I thought we all supported a famous club in blue and white halves, not any here-today, gone-tomorrow players, managers, coaches, directors or owners.

I've been doing so for 55 years plus and hopefully will be doing so for a few more yet. I wouldn't let anyone take that away from me, least of all Venky's.

Besides, boycotting doesn't hurt the owners - in fact, they couldn't care less about the fans, as they've shown many times. So what's the point of staying away from doing something you love? Get behind the lads, we're on the way back.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Harsh. If he didn't support Rovers why would he go to away games?Time we packed all this bile in, whatever happens will happen.

We can't apparently drive Venkys away, nor can we make people go who don't want to.

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

1. Thanks for the well wishes :)

2. The Trust's main aims are to get the club into safe hands (whether it involves fans on the board or not, but preferably so), and to preserve/regenerate the fan base without supporting Venky's.  Of course, there is no way we can kick Venky's out, but we're working on ways to help create a buzz about the club.

I'm reluctant to outline 3 main projects that spring to mind just yet as I don't want them to be hindered, but mhead (Chair of the Trust) may be willing to expand.

The Trust also retains its original purpose to act as a safety net in the event of administration.

Most importantly, Rovers Trust is not explicitly a protest group.

3. Personally (emphasis on my personal opinion, not of the Rovers Trust), I think it's constantly 'round the corner'. Several attempts from groups to purchase the club over Venky's tenure, and imo the only reason you get 2 accountancy firms in at once is to check whether the club would pass due diligence.

Imo, they want to sell and the move for a CEO and board structure is a step towards that.

There's always reasons for doing nothing Chaddy but 10 quid a year to help fans work for the protection of the Club is a no-brainer for me. If more joined the Trust then its work and influence could increase.

A winning team is just a bonus :brfc: If I wasn't proud of the club I wouldn't have been there - and now I'm not.

I think John Williams leaving was it for me. That was when I knew we had owners to be ashamed of. Truthfully I don't enjoy going to Ewood because of them and if I do go it's only for sentimental reasons with family.

So perhaps my "boycotting" is not because I'm trying to achieve anything but just because I simply don't like going anymore.

Is that really so hard to believe? I imagine this is the reality for thousands of others.

I'm glad people still go and I'm sure many others that don't, have come to terms with the fact that it won't change anything.

26 minutes ago, savage90 said:

A winning team is just a bonus :brfc: If I wasn't proud of the club I wouldn't have been there - and now I'm not.

I think John Williams leaving was it for me. That was when I knew we had owners to be ashamed of. Truthfully I don't enjoy going to Ewood because of them and if I do go it's only for sentimental reasons with family.

So perhaps my "boycotting" is not because I'm trying to achieve anything but just because I simply don't like going anymore.

Is that really so hard to believe? I imagine this is the reality for thousands of others.

I'm glad people still go and I'm sure many others that don't, have come to terms with the fact that it won't change anything.

The definition of the word means protest- this is not “boycotting”. It’s not hard to believe either, I can fully understand why thousands don’t want to go anymore.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Harsh. If he didn't support Rovers why would he go to away games?Time we packed all this bile in, whatever happens will happen.

We can't apparently drive Venkys away, nor can we make people go who don't want to.

Bile? I was asking a question of a self-proclaimed Rangers fan who is essentially calling Rovers fans selfish for going to Ewood.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hate as much as anyone what's happened over the past 7 years, and the owners for their ignorance and arrogance, but never understood the boycott. What does NAPM mean? 

I thought we all supported a famous club in blue and white halves, not any here-today, gone-tomorrow players, managers, coaches, directors or owners.

I've been doing so for 55 years plus and hopefully will be doing so for a few more yet. I wouldn't let anyone take that away from me, least of all Venky's.

Besides, boycotting doesn't hurt the owners - in fact, they couldn't care less about the fans, as they've shown many times. So what's the point of staying away from doing something you love? Get behind the lads, we're on the way back.

NAPM - is 'Not a Penny More'

Penned originally by Blackpool fans in their protests and adopted by our own more after the joint protests with Blackpool, they chant it and it's really quite catchy.

2 hours ago, savage90 said:

Absolutely. I went to a home game last month so not exactly boycotting but my enthusiasm for purchasing a half season ticket is extremely limited. I have no idea how many home games I might attend between now and the end of the season. It could be 7 or 8 but it could easily turn out to be 1 or 2. Away games in all likelihood will be absolutely zero. They may appeal to others but with my enthusiasm being limited the travel makes them less appealing than home games. Social anxiety and aspergers aren't exactly superb travel companions either.

Personally I've lost so much enthusiasm for football in general due to a wide variety of factors. For those who believe they are enriching the owners or more accurately "funding corruption" (those who believe Anderson, etc is still involved despite lawsuits or all kinds of other conspiracy theories) please come up with some actual evidence. In 2011 and 2012 certainly some people profited at the clubs expense but the owners didn't albeit their fault those others did. Otherwise why not just state its either non monetary principle (evidently that's not worth much hence the phrase) or a lack of enthusiasm. Both of those are certainly legitimate arguments. People mention Blackpool but that's entirely different from an ownership profit standpoint. Those accusations had merit as Belokon proved in court. Even that though was more related to the TV money made from the Premier League stint than fan funded ticketing, merchandise sales, etc.

2 hours ago, savage90 said:

I

"Not liking going anymore" suggests a falling out of love, which is different from a boycott, which is a protest. 

7 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

People mention Blackpool but that's entirely different from an ownership profit standpoint. Those accusations had merit as Belokon proved in court

Exactly. NAPM at Blackpool came about because the Oystons were in theory using the ticket money from fans to sue fans who were posting stuff on forums like this. Half the stuff written on this board was possibly libellous a few years ago.  I don't know if anyone off here got sued by Venky's?

The Oyston's were also basically trolling Blackpool fans in all sorts of ways.

NAPM never had any relevance here. Getting pissed off with shite owners certainly did.

15 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

13-14. HST

12-13 FST

You want to give a game with an atmosphere a whirl ?

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bile? I was asking a question of a self-proclaimed Rangers fan who is essentially calling Rovers fans selfish for going to Ewood.

I said be selfless which is true given the volume of people who've sat back and done absolutely zero.   As I said they've made a decision rightly or wrongly but If I was some on here I wouldn't want to be sat near these "supporters" who were not so happy to do anything. 

Id have a ticket again if the owners went I'd not attend every game as I'm to busy but given the little cost of them in the first place then I imagine you can afford to be choosey. 

Archived