BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

23 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

The season after we narrowly got relegated I did an internet interview with a sports channel ( Ive forgot the name of it now but it was a webshow ) and I said that this season we WILL go down, they mocked me saying that Rovers were only 1/3 into the season and many games will be won n lost but at the time SK record was about 0.7 points a game over his 40+ games. As with many other fans it was like being in a slow moving train wreck BUT we all thought getting relegated would rid the clowns and we would take that. We would take relegation from Champ to LG1 we would take relegation from Lg1 to Lg2 if it meant getting rid. Obviously we all know nothing like that will happen but at the time it was a creature comfort of losing games would possibly mean the owners sold.

So now as a NAPM fan its hard to enjoy the success that TM and this season 'might bring' end of the day its fantastic we are looking like promotion fodder but we shouldnt be in this situation in the first place.  Its like being put  in the dumb class at school and getting A* in the exams. Its a hollow victory and this season will be deemed a hollow victory and until the chicken cluckers sell up anything Rovers win will feel like a hollow victory and that hurts, as a fan who cried at the Worthington cup who celebrated at the town hall in 95 who bitten all my nails at 4-3 V Utd ANYTHING Rovers win whilst we have these crooks in charge will feel hollow. NOTHING they can do will ever make up for what they have done over the last 7yrs, they could plough £300 million into the club and win the prem and id still have a nasty taste in my mouth but as i said Id go cheer them on at plessy with new owners who cared.

Your point of growth if things go well on the pitch, yeah a lot of fans probably will go back if we get promoted, just like those fans who turned up because Man Utd was in town and thats upto them but for me personally it will take a lot more than that to butter me up.

Another good post.

However, you’ve missed my point about growth slightly. It won’t be you going back, it’ll be in 10 years time when new fans are going who haven’t lived through the shite Venkys gave us.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I guess my senses have been numbed down , my saturdays are usually 100mph till i get back home about 1pm, Ill have Skysports on in the background BBC website open on the rovers game whilst either on the PS4 or mulling round the house, I usually do a few football bets for interest too but the Rovers score is the only score Ill keep checking . Win and yeah Im happy lose and its FFS but gone are the days were the feeling would last for days on end.

What does sting is whenever I goto my clothes cupboard and see the centenary shirt hanging next to my retro shirt unworn for 7yrs. ( probs be too tight now lol)

You have just described my Saturday to a tee! I still go to some away games but when Rovers play at home I follow your routine almost exactly - even the footy bets which never interested me before. I sometimes go to work to take my mind off the game.

The fact that they treat us (the club and the fans) with complete disinterest and disdain stops me going to Ewood.

I really hope we keep winning and get promoted but, if we do, I hope Venky's don't get any reflected glory or praise. They don't deserve it.

To some extent they have ridden the storm and now most people ( non Rovers fans) have forgotten just how bad they are.  

On 20/12/2017 at 16:25, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Have heard ticket sales are going well for Boxing day...corporate sold out too.

Good. The Jack Walker and Blackburn End lower are filling up nicely having looked on the ground plan on the Rovers site. 

I know a boycotter who is seriously considering returning on Boxing Day. He has been a very prominent poster on here over the years; I am sure he will confess if he does go! 

If we win on Saturday there will never be a better chance to watch a bit of history and equal our consecutive league wins record against Rochdale. Sod venkys. I can’t wait. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I noticed on t'other site a vocal NAPM'er has relented and bought a season ticket.  The more the merrier.

Glad to see it, people shouldn't feel they have to be a prisoner to their own decisions and pride, if you'd get more from attending than not then you don't have to justify it to anyone 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I noticed on t'other site a vocal NAPM'er has relented and bought a season ticket.  The more the merrier.

You should sign up on the other side, you do seem to spend plenty of time browsing, you'd be welcome I'm sure, you could answer a few unanswered questions :D

The poster you mention stopped for many reasons, but one of those reasons wasn't because the football was poor, thats not an excuse for many I'm sure.

Glad he's going back, he's a terrace legend in some quarters, which is lost on many these days.

This thread was created by boatface to try and cause some mischief/conflict, well that one backfired big time, some great posts and decent debate.

9 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

NAPM..unless we win a few  :rolleyes: 

Makes a mockery of the "principled", "Venkylover", "not even if we win the Champions League" bull. It was obviously all because we were crap, not because of Venkys, or they wouldn't be crawling back now - Venkys are still here are they not? The only difference between then and now is we're playing quite well. Think all the people that were shouted down and mocked for being "happy clappers", "scabs", etc. deserve a grovelling apology for the gross hypocrisy of it.

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

Makes a mockery of the "principled", "Venkylover", "not even if we win the Champions League" bull. It was obviously all because we were crap, not because of Venkys, or they wouldn't be crawling back now - Venkys are still here are they not? The only difference between then and now is we're playing quite well. Think all the people that were shouted down and mocked for being "happy clappers", "scabs", etc. deserve a grovelling apology for the gross hypocrisy of it.

I am glad Abbey is back at Ewood. I will sign out now and leave you to your bitch fest.

9 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

I'm glad for him too. He's a passionate fan and undoubtedly loves Rovers. Doesn't make the point any less true though.

15 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

Except for the fact we are playing in a division 2 levels below from when they took over.

If you don't have a problem with that, then OK, but Abbey and many others do. So it's a bit rich to criticize from that point of view.

What has playing 2 divisions lower have to do with it? It's not about that at all. It's the fact that people are doing the very thing that they mocked and shouted down other people for doing. I have a massive problem with Venkys being here,that's why I haven't been for nearly 6 years and won't be until they leave.

Would people be coming back if we'd lost 6 in a row rather than won? Very much doubt it. And just because somebody is well liked, doesn't mean they can't be wrong.

30 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

I just want to see more people at Ewood supporting the manager and this good bunch of players. 

People boycotting, and deriding those who go, doesn’t help that.

Equally having a go at those who are tempted to come back doesn’t help that either! 

Edit - I’ve misinterpreted your stance having just seen your most recent post. I just assumed you were attending and having a pop at those who have been boycotting and suddenly returned now we are winning.

It's not the coming back that rankles, it's his choice. It's the fact that he's been the loudest and most vociferous voice shouting down people and, in your own words, deriding those who go. Now after a few wins in a row, everything that's been said goes out the window.

Of course, everyone has the right to change their mind, but after everything that's been said over the last few years, don't do a massive u-turn like that and not expect to cop some flack.Imagine the shitstorm if it was Chaddy doing it and not Abbey. 

There is far too much posturing on both sides of the debate for me. It's quite simple really in that, for whatever reason you either go or don't. It's your money and you spend it exactly how you want. And if you had stopped but have gone back then well done. I have had a foot in both camps as I stopped going when Coil was appointed and my anger was palpable. The sheer thought of seeing him with our badge on his chest infuriated me. When he went I went and bought six of the six game season tickets.

As for the Indians they are still despised by the people I am close to but I honestly can't remember the last meaningful conversation we had about them. It's almost like they didn't exist.

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

End of the day my view is Ewood is a better place for his attendance and better more the more that come back 

True. This applies to anyone. I wish I could force people to agree with me on one thing;

1. Attendance isn’t supporting the Rao’s, it’s watching 11 lads play for a manager in our famous shirts. It’s actually pretty enjoyable at the minute also, despite being third tier.

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, meadows said:

No issue with that whatsoever but as the recipient of a fair volume of vile abuse from Abbey don’t expect me to ignore the fact that six wins in the Third Division and a likely top two place were all it took to abandon a stance he had no problem flagging up as if he were on a crusade. 

I don't know the reasons behind it but the chap bleeds blue and white, it's going to have hurt him staying away. Just as there was a point where he thought he couldn't take more of attending there comes a point where you can't take any more staying away.

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

True. This applies to anyone. I wish I could force people to agree with me on one thing;

1. Attendance isn’t supporting the Rao’s, it’s watching 11 lads play for a manager in our famous shirts. It’s actually pretty enjoyable at the minute also, despite being third tier.

Couldn't agree more mate, although weirdly a lot of the home games in themselves haven't been all that enjoyable! The outcomes have been though more often than not 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

ABBEY has given his coin to the VENKYSCUM after a few wins :lol:

FILTHY BUGGER

Or he’s had the foresight to realise life is too short to avoid doing things you enjoy with people who matter to you! I’m sure there are moments of anger for him and others around the corner, but at least he has the opportunity of falling over an advertising board post Dack screamer now. The way it should be.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Biz

I agree.

But I won't change my position due to my principles.

In fact the recent upturn makes me more fixed as otherwise I couldn't look myself in the mirror.

Look at yourself in the mirror and say; you get one life; Principles or enjoyment? Obviously not in a Saville-esq way, naturally.

27 minutes ago, meadows said:

No issue with that whatsoever but as the recipient of a fair volume of vile abuse from Abbey don’t expect me to ignore the fact that six wins in the Third Division and a likely top two place were all it took to abandon a stance he had no problem flagging up as if he were on a crusade. 

Whilst nobody deserves to be abused online, you did spend many column inches copying and pasting his and others content from here in order to attack them personally, with no right of reply.

So let's not play the victim here Meadows. 

Very easy for me to boycott Rovers living 200 and 2,000 miles away.

But this being the spirit of Christmas can I ask what exists that is tempting you back to Ewood, what would bring you back to Ewood, what would keep you away forever?

I will offer mine:

Tempting me back

Yes the run of results but the stirrings of team spirit and unity between squad and management

Lack of the sorts of absolute idiots around Rovers now who only brought shame to this great club

The fact that for all their sins and omissions, the Raos are now supporting from their own pockets and that because the really big debts are stranded in India, the fact that Rovers are a far far better proposition for any incoming buyer than practically any other club outside the Premier League

Against all the odds, hope

What would bring me back

Crowds of over 15,000 to build some atmosphere

Communication with the fans- the social media improvement is a start but not covering anything serious yet

A meaningful plan to get Rovers back in the Premier League

Continue doing the things that are tempting me back

What would keep me away forever

Jerome Anderson/Kentaro anywhere near Rovers 

Sale of Brockhall

Doing an Oystons if we ever get back to the Premier League 

Archived