BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

2 hours ago, BiggusMickus said:

It's not the coming back that rankles, it's his choice. It's the fact that he's been the loudest and most vociferous voice shouting down people and, in your own words, deriding those who go. Now after a few wins in a row, everything that's been said goes out the window.

Of course, everyone has the right to change their mind, but after everything that's been said over the last few years, don't do a massive u-turn like that and not expect to cop some flack.Imagine the shitstorm if it was Chaddy doing it and not Abbey. 

A good point well made 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I just saw ABBEY's big announcement.

His recent wavering has turned to weakness due to the love of his football club.

He has done his bit... might as well end his boycott of BRFCS aswell and return to posting ON HERE so these new mods have some proper work to do.

As a direct result of ABBEY's decision, I have re-doubled my resolve to never go back until they leave !!!! 

THE RAO FAMILY ARE AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE

A one off post and won't be replying . 

Yes I have had a U turn of fecking monumental proportions and let's get one thing straight ( the anti abs clique don't take long) I 100% have not taken this decision lightly and can state I have NOT done this because we've won a few games because anyone who knows me knows I ain't like that. The withdrawal symptoms win.

I nearly caved in during the summer following the brum game where I actually got passion back and nearly lost my job when I came close to cracking a nobber who took the piss out of our relegation. I toyed with it then and decided against it , this season I've watched nearly every game via a stream  and as a result like a smack rat  I've given in to my cravings. I said I would  reassess at Christmas and I have.

These last few months family and friends ( my mum is upset I've gone against my principles) have pecked away at me to stop boycotting and I've been determined not to cave in . This week however I've hardly slept due to the stress of deciding what to do and I've had many private discussions ( some off here) this week because it's been such a hard decision to come to.

Yes I've been vociferous and I still stand by my scab comments and my all but 2 year boycott and to those giving me shit over it ...yes I feel like a scab myself and feel shit . Oh and Jim stop playing the victim card ffs you are no frigging angel.

Do I still want the Scummers out ?? Damn right I do and won't rest up until they go.

Do I feel let down that fans have not risen up and are happy to be venky lovers ? Bet your fat hairy arses I do.

Do I feel happy I'm giving money to  the venkyscum ?? No I am angry at myself for doing so.

Anyhows all the best to everyone (  that includes you chaddy lad) and I won't be responding either.

#venkyscumout

• Backroom

Well done for responding Abbs

We need to work on a new name for Venkys though, when I see venkyscum in hashtag form I sometimes read Venky Scum as something else with the space one place to the right and it doesn't leave a nice mental impression!

Yes I have had a U turn of fecking monumental proportions and let's get one thing straight ( the anti abs clique don't take long) I 100% have not taken this decision lightly and can state I have NOT done this because we've won a few games because anyone who knows me knows I ain't like that. The withdrawal symptoms win.

Easy to say after 6 wins on the trot. Had it been 6 losses, I'm sure the withdrawl wouldn't have won.  :rolleyes:

Do I feel let down that fans have not risen up and are happy to be venky lovers ? Bet your fat hairy arses I do.

So no apology to all the "Venky Lovers" that were slagged off over the years for doing the same thing you're now doing? Or is it a case of do as I say not as i do?

Do I feel happy I'm giving money to  the venkyscum ?? No I am angry at myself for doing so.

A winning team has a way of easing such pain though it seems.

People can go to games, don't go to games, I care not, it's their choice. But don't try and be a martyr when you choose to comeback when the times are slightly better and don't be a bloody hypocrite. Or at least be a man and hold your hands up when you've done wrong. 

3 hours ago, BiggusMickus said:

It's not the coming back that rankles, it's his choice. It's the fact that he's been the loudest and most vociferous voice shouting down people and, in your own words, deriding those who go. Now after a few wins in a row, everything that's been said goes out the window.

Of course, everyone has the right to change their mind, but after everything that's been said over the last few years, don't do a massive u-turn like that and not expect to cop some flack.Imagine the shitstorm if it was Chaddy doing it and not Abbey. 

If you can’t tell the difference between Abbey and Chaddy then you really haven’t been paying much attention.

3 hours ago, Biz said:

True. This applies to anyone. I wish I could force people to agree with me on one thing;

1. Attendance isn’t supporting the Rao’s, it’s watching 11 lads play for a manager in our famous shirts. It’s actually pretty enjoyable at the minute also, despite being third tier.

I agree with your earlier summary about returning fans and priorities. Interesting point about the players and manager.

So I guess you can understand why people didn’t want to pay to watch the likes of Bradley Orr and Danny Murphy turn out for Steve Kean...?

Or maybe even why they felt moved to protest? Because when that was the scenario it really did feel like our Rovers had been taken away from us. It just happened that Venkys ignorance, arrogance and neglect allowed them to do so.

It’s easy to understand why people don’t want anything to do with Venkys and why they would have a lot of misgivings both ways (returning or not).

I also don’t think it’s anything to do with how well the team are doing at the moment (as others have suggested) it is more that it reminds everyone that it could be a very long time before they will see a Venky-free Rovers, and life is short. I’m just glad that they have kept their council during this recent spell of good form.

Besides, let’s face it, who wouldn’t be turned by the upcoming glamour FA Cup tie against Hull.

I've paid plenty of attention these last 10 years or so, so please don't try and patronise or speak down to me. It's nothing to do with Chaddy, so let's not try and deflect this away from the point I was  making. There's plenty of difference in the men, no doubt, but no difference at all between Chaddy's many u-turns and now Abbey's. Me, you and many others have given Chaddy plenty of stick over the years for much lesser changes of heart than this, so why should Abbey be immune to criticism just because he is friends with some you away from the forum?

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

lets get this staight

we won't get promoted

as Chaddy says, the season ends in May... the wheels will be well and truely off by then.

Tony will leave as promised

The slash and burn cuts which Mike said were avoided for one season will materialise

We will struggle in mid table next season

one cash injection (debt increase) away from admin

Then we will see how all this deluded positivity sticks in the throats of the "forget Venkys and get behind the lads ffs" brigade.

Suhail's wish list to Santa

4 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

lets get this staight

we won't get promoted

as Chaddy says, the season ends in May... the wheels will be well and truely off by then.

The slash and burn cuts which Mike said were avoided for one season will materialise

Then we will see how all this deluded positivity sticks in the throats of the "forget Venkys and get behind the lads ffs" brigade.

BAH HUMBUG!:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

lets get this staight

we won't get promoted

Cuckoo , cuckoo 

50 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Does he want a stand named after him?

It would have a ring to it. The Abbey Riverside. It is after all the season of goodwill.

I am always surprised at some supporters misplaced animosity. There is only one direction any ire should be aimed. 

I've paid plenty of attention these last 10 years or so, so please don't try and patronise or speak down to me. It's nothing to do with Chaddy, so let's not try and deflect this away from the point I was  making. There's plenty of difference in the men, no doubt, but no difference at all between Chaddy's many u-turns and now Abbey's. Me, you and many others have given Chaddy plenty of stick over the years for much lesser changes of heart than this, so why should Abbey be immune to criticism just because he is friends with some you away from the forum?

I’ve never met Abbey but I’ve a lot of respect for him and his opinion. For him to change is mind (about attending, not protesting) is a big deal. For the person you ridiculously likened him to it takes little more than a fair wind and the wearing of a Rovers badge.

Massive difference. Clearly you haven’t spotted it in those 10 years. If that’s talking down to you, so be it.

44 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Reality

Bit like your prediction about the Elton concert.  That seemed to be a great success after your prediction of it not taking place.  If I didn't know better I'd think you almost want Rovers to fail.  Good to see Abbey back.  Life is far too short to give up the things you've enjoyed all your life, particularly when it has zero impact on the ones that you really want to get at.  Hopefully 2018 will see Abbey celebrating promotion with the rest of the Ewood faithful.    

A winning team has a way of easing such pain though it seems.

People can go to games, don't go to games, I care not, it's their choice. But don't try and be a martyr when you choose to comeback when the times are slightly better and don't be a bloody hypocrite. Or at least be a man and hold your hands up when you've done wrong. 

A winning team ....in Division 3 ..two leagues/40 or so places below where we were in 2010 plus all the other..er "mistakes" - apologies to another poster for the Hardyesque understatement lol....

A man? He took a stand and I respect him for that...

He wonders aloud what might have happened, had many more fans withheld their money. So did I-especially after the Blackpool FA cup game!

But I choose not to forget that we have all suffered at the hands of the same Indian abusers, greasy spivs plus long list of other predators.

For what it is worth, in this divisive Venky world, I think that no supporter position has been easy to maintain, hence the anger and intolerance from some , when others have taken a different line to their own.

I know the phrase may have become tainted, but... "We are Rovers!"...Happy Christmas to all you wonderful posters and mods!

Archived