Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

But entirely predictable. 

What's this abuse at the Bolton game you keep referencing Shaun?

Are you sure it wasn't me giving it to EHD? In either shirt? 

Having more bums on seats at Ewood is only ever a good thing. Reading that non-attenders are coming back, or just thinking of coming back, is great news. Rovers fans on all sides have been through a lot. It's Christmas, so enjoy the footy, whoever you are. I know I will. :)

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You're very vocal on this thread for someone who stopped going because the Premiership football dried up :rolleyes:

First of all, wind your neck in you sanctimonious arse. You know nothing about me or my circumstances or motivations.  So you can knock that shit off, cause someone's called out your mate. Second,  as has been said by many people who have stopped going, when they leave I'll be back. Be that League 1, League 2 or wherever and no amount of winning runs is going to change that. On that day, we can all celebrate and if you decide to make your way up from Worcestershire for the VenkysOut party, I'll buy your patronising arse a pint.

Merry Christmas.

9 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

First of all, wind your neck in you sanctimonious arse. You know nothing about me or my circumstances or motivations.  So you can knock that shit off, cause someone's called out your mate. Second,  as has been said by many people who have stopped going, when they leave I'll be back. Be that League 1, League 2 or wherever and no amount of winning runs is going to change that. On that day, we can all celebrate and if you decide to make your way up from Worcestershire for the VenkysOut party, I'll buy your patronising arse a pint.

Merry Christmas.

Factory Friday? :lol:

Just now, BiggusMickus said:

Eh? :wacko:

I'm assuming you're pissed after that illiterate rant? 

You spent all morning slagging a poster off for buying a half season ticket, you know nothing about his situation either,  then eject the toys from the pram when someone's does the maths on your so called boycott.

Dont give out if you can't take it Reidy.

They've built a bridge through your front garden since you last went Ffs :lol:

Illiterate rant? Seems fairly straight forward to me. The only illiterate one seems to be you. I suggest you go back and read what I've actually been saying. At no point have I slagged  him off for buying a half season ticket or going back at all. I made great pains in saying I don't give 2 hoots if someone goes or not. My beef has been that he spend years slagging off anyone and everyone that went calling them scabs, Venky Lovers,whatever else and is now doing the exact thing he slagged them off for. It's called hypocrisy and the fact he blatantly said that he stands by it all whilst returning just makes it worse.

No toys have been ejected at all. Like I said, I'll be back when they go. There's no "so called boycott" or any other insinuation you can make up to try and discredit my point.

1 minute ago, BiggusMickus said:

Illiterate rant? Seems fairly straight forward to me. The only illiterate one seems to be you. I suggest you go back and read what I've actually been saying. At no point have I slagged  him off for buying a half season ticket or going back at all. I made great pains in saying I don't give 2 hoots if someone goes or not. My beef has been that he spend years slagging off anyone and everyone that went calling them scabs, Venky Lovers,whatever else and is now doing the exact thing he slagged them off for. It's called hypocrisy and the fact he blatantly said that he stands by it all whilst returning just makes it worse.

No toys have been ejected at all. Like I said, I'll be back when they go. There's no "so called boycott" or any other insinuation you can make up to try and discredit my point.

You were all over it like rash this morning and you didn't have point, just snide accusations about coming back because we won a few.

See you when we get back in the Prem, if you can afford the toll.

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I suggest thread closure as this is not going to end well. Its Christmas ffs and the last thing we should be doing is arguing among ourselves.

Sounds like some folk need to get a few things off their chest.

Everyone’s been affected by that lot and everyone has reacted differently.

Hopefully we can all get behind the team on a Saturday, roar us to promotion and attract a buyer who can tempt Venkys to get rid.

Merry Christmas everyone. :xmas: 

Agreed, may as well shut it down to be honest.

Welcome back to Abbey though. His half season ticket will line their pockets and reduce the £120m debt by 0.0000015%. Balaji is laughing his left tit off as I type.

Abbs can now join 5 members of my family (oldest 80, youngest 12) and join, as he earlier termed us, the scabs.

Merry Christmas.

10 hours ago, philipl said:

Very easy for me to boycott Rovers living 200 and 2,000 miles away.

But this being the spirit of Christmas can I ask what exists that is tempting you back to Ewood, what would bring you back to Ewood, what would keep you away forever?

I will offer mine:

Tempting me back

Yes the run of results but the stirrings of team spirit and unity between squad and management

Lack of the sorts of absolute idiots around Rovers now who only brought shame to this great club

The fact that for all their sins and omissions, the Raos are now supporting from their own pockets and that because the really big debts are stranded in India, the fact that Rovers are a far far better proposition for any incoming buyer than practically any other club outside the Premier League

Against all the odds, hope

What would bring me back

Crowds of over 15,000 to build some atmosphere

Communication with the fans- the social media improvement is a start but not covering anything serious yet

A meaningful plan to get Rovers back in the Premier League

Continue doing the things that are tempting me back

What would keep me away forever

Jerome Anderson/Kentaro anywhere near Rovers 

Sale of Brockhall

Doing an Oystons if we ever get back to the Premier League 

By the way are people aware that BARNSLEY are the latest club to be taken over by a Chinese/American consortium?!! Yes Barnsley! The Chinese guy is a billionaire.

Presumably he wants the cash and kudos of Premier League football so they will be challenging for promotion next season.

This gives me hope and despair in equal measure. Surely if a club like that can be taken over by a wealthy consortium, one like our's should not be short of offers?

However, if Venkys continue we will never stand a chance in this "new" environment.

And, if all clubs are going to be foreign-owned and wealthy, they can't all be successful so what happens when new owners tire of their toy?

Not the game we grew up with is it?

1 minute ago, 47er said:

By the way are people aware that BARNSLEY are the latest club to be taken over by a Chinese/American consortium?!! Yes Barnsley! The Chinese guy is a billionaire.

've got a Barnsley supporting mate, and he's pretty sceptical about it, if partly excited. I think most fans are pretty wise to the situation, now, because it's not as simple as "they are billionaires". News alert: I don't think Rovers aren't the only club with billionaire owners that languish and aren't budgeted for in the same way that Man City are.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

've got a Barnsley supporting mate, and he's pretty sceptical about it, if partly excited. I think most fans are pretty wise to the situation, now, because it's not as simple as "they are billionaires". News alert: I don't think Rovers aren't the only club with billionaire owners that languish and aren't budgeted for in the same way that Man City are.

Well the blokes not bought it for no good reason---unlike Venkys.

So I suppose its a case of "watch this space".

6 hours ago, Gav said:

What's this abuse at the Bolton game you keep referencing Shaun?

Are you sure it wasn't me giving it to EHD? In either shirt? 

I wish that was all it was. Dogs abuse and threats for having the temerity to shout Kean/venkys out. Maybe time and events have taught them humility.

24 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I wish that was all it was. Dogs abuse and threats for having the temerity to shout Kean/venkys out. Maybe time and events have taught them humility.

Maybe you should have just ignored them and continued shouting. Though I can imagine the sheer frustration and anger it caused. Not to mention had they assaulted you they would have been implicated by CCTV and several witnesses plus you could have sued them. Also they would have been banned in all likelihood and only had themselves to blame so perhaps you should have encouraged them to hit you lol. Then once they had been banned, arrested and sued you could have sent the heavies round as well. Don't mess with Shaun being the message...and that's literally the same for Abbey! Infact I said pretty much the same thing to him elsewhere.

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Well the blokes not bought it for no good reason---unlike Venkys.

So I suppose its a case of "watch this space".

Don't know the circumstances behind the purchase (whether its someone from that part of the world who supports them for some reason) but its an absolutely bland name with no marketing value. 

• Backroom
22 hours ago, meadows said:

I doubt I’ve spent more than 180 seconds doing so but if I did I managed without spewing up copious amounts of virulent & gratuitous  foul mouthed personal insults 

??????

Archived