BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

A chance to start another long winning run and maintain our unbeaten one.

Rochdale have sold 700 tickets so far but they can pay on the day. I thought they would have brought 1500+.

One of their lads (Joe Thompson)  has just recovered from Cancer for the 2nd time and was back playing at he weekend. A very Merry Christmas to him.   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42467349

No idea who is fit/well but it's good to have Bennett back from suspension.

I can see us grinding out a 2-1 win with a bumper festive crowd of 13,122 loving every minute:) We'll be Top (2) at 5 'O' clock:rover:

COYB!

Anyone hoping to venture to Ewood for this one with a new half-season ticket in hand courtesy of Santa?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago this would have been a routine win, but the players seem to have lost a bit of steam in recent weeks according to the regulars. I never noticed it yesterday, but on reflection we struggled to win the second balls all afternoon which is a giveaway. 

Rochdale have a terrible away record, so I'm going for a tight 4-1 win :P Rochdale to score from a back post header.

Several players need dropping but the problem is the replacements we have are no better. Winning second balls is a barometer of attitude. We've too many out there who you can guarantee won't win their share. Whittingham, Antonnson, Conway, Graham to name just four. Nyambe maybe fits into that category. Tomlinson has to start as does Bennett. Samuel and Charlie Boy need to play if they're fit. I've a bad feeling about this game. They'll definitely be up for it, will we ?

Raya

Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams.

Bennett, Smallwood, Tomlinson , Antonnson

Dack

Samuel

Nyambe and Antonnson are drinking in the last chance saloon for me but if you drop them and bring Caddis and Conway in for them how does it improve the team ?

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Several players need dropping but the problem is the replacements we have are no better. Winning second balls is a barometer of attitude. We've too many out there who you can guarantee won't win their share. Whittingham, Antonnson, Conway, Graham to name just four. Nyambe maybe fits into that category. Tomlinson has to start as does Bennett. Samuel and Charlie Boy need to play if they're fit. I've a bad feeling about this game. They'll definitely be up for it, will we ?

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Nyambe and Antonnson are drinking in the last chance saloon for me but if you drop them and bring Caddis and Conway in for them how does it improve the team ?

Same team for me as well... we desperately need reinforcements in Jan if we are going to go up.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Would be tempted to play 3 in midfield, with Nuttall up front alongside Samuel (replacing Antonsson).

• Paul pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

1 upfront at home, against one of the worst sides we’ll play against? We need to two up against this lot, with Dack in just behind. They were absolutely abysmal against us earlier on this year, so much so it turned into a training match. No doubt things have changed since then for them, but they’re still near the bottom. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

One of their lads (Joe Thompson)  has just recovered from Cancer for the 2nd time and was back playing at he weekend. A very Merry Christmas to him. 

I know Joe ...i watched  him all through his youth days ,a lovely down to earth lad

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Raya

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Bennett Dack Antonsson

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Samuel, Nuttall, Wharton, Conway, Tomlinson, Evans

No need for Nyambe and Ward in the squad.

After Wards reaction to the fans at full time on Saturday, he should never wear the shirt again.

I've mentioned this before but why even bother mentioning the opposition? Boxing Day, game 23 would be much better this site promotes Blackburn Rovers not the opposition especially when its a much smaller club. Could care less how many away fans attend is that really something so notable its practically the first thing mentioned? Its not arrogance just post Venkys a tougher mindset at the club would be something to take from the experience if nothing else. Those foundations should be set in motion now.

16 minutes ago, rigger said:

After Wards reaction to the fans at full time on Saturday, he should never wear the shirt again.

Ward reacted to one fan rigger - and all he said was "Who me"? to the fan who shouted "Not ******* good enough"

Right in front of me, nothing in it at all, the majority applauded Ward and rightly so, he had a decent game.

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Are you referring when he came to the Rovers end at full time? What was that about ? 

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

I've mentioned this before but why even bother mentioning the opposition? Boxing Day, game 23 would be much better this site promotes Blackburn Rovers not the opposition especially when its a much smaller club. Could care less how many away fans attend is that really something so notable its practically the first thing mentioned?

Because everyone on here bar you cares who we are playing.

3 hours ago, scotchrover said:

1 upfront at home, against one of the worst sides we’ll play against? We need to two up against this lot, with Dack in just behind. They were absolutely abysmal against us earlier on this year, so much so it turned into a training match. No doubt things have changed since then for them, but they’re still near the bottom. 

It isn't one up front though, Dack would be playing up front but just behind Samuel. I hope you aren't one of those that think playing 5 up front would give you a better chance of winning, this isn't FIFA.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Because everyone on here bar you cares who we are playing.

Well they shouldn't care beyond promoting Blackburn Rovers. An existing tougher edge might have helped when sharks like Anderson were circling and clowns like Agnew slithering in the background for years beforehand. 

Why bother anyway people never understand the point being made.

Archived