BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

3 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

It isn't one up front though, Dack would be playing up front but just behind Samuel. I hope you aren't one of those that think playing 5 up front would give you a better chance of winning, this isn't FIFA.

It's still one upfront, because Dack will be dropping back into midfield when we defend and when we attack he'll get it in midfield, look up and there'll be one to pass to instead of two.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's still one upfront, because Dack will be dropping back into midfield when we defend and when we attack he'll get it in midfield, look up and there'll be one to pass to instead of two.

I'd class Dack as a second striker, not a midfielder. Do you think City play 2 out and out strikers when playing against the weaker sides in the Prem? No they don't, because Guardiola knows that they have more chance of scoring with an extra man helping with the build up than with an extra man to finish off the chances. In fact, I've never seen a top manager play two up front when they usually play with one upfront because they are playing against one of the poorer sides in the league. Saying 'play two upfront ffs!!' is usually childish tripe.

4 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I'd class Dack as a second striker, not a midfielder. Do you think City play 2 out and out strikers when playing against the weaker sides in the Prem? No they don't, because Guardiola knows that they have more chance of scoring with an extra man helping with the build up than with an extra man to finish off the chances. In fact, I've never seen a top manager play two up front when they usually play with one upfront because they are playing against one of the poorer sides in the league. Saying 'play two upfront ffs!!' is usually childish tripe.

'Second striker' you been on FM again? He's a No.10 who drops back, sometimes all the way to our own box, when defending.

It's a good job we went two up top against a poor Barnet 2nd half or we wouldn't have scored three. Or Graham's clincher against Charlton.

The point about going 2 upfront is you surrender the midfield a bit but are able to go more direct because there's actually someone there to take advantage of flick-ons. Furthermore, conceding territory or a bit of control of midfield against POORER teams is a lot better than against teams that can hurt you. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Yeah, because mentioning the opposition on here has a direct influence on results.

Maybe I overreacted but virtually the first thing you mentioned was the number of away tickets sold. The site promotes Blackburn Rovers first and foremost.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

Maybe I overreacted but virtually the first thing you mentioned was the number of away tickets sold. The site promotes Blackburn Rovers first and foremost.

First and foremost you don't dictate what me or anybody else puts in a preview they've been arsed to do. I would have done a better one but unfortunately there are ingrates like you on the site and I thought 'feck it, I can't be arsed'. If I had have done there would have been a lot more about Rochdale. So being an ingrate has worked out for you this time.

You can do the next preview, mouth.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

First and foremost you don't dictate what me or anybody else puts in a preview they've been arsed to do. I would have done a better one but unfortunately there are ingrates like you on the site and I thought 'feck it, I can't be arsed'. If I had have done there would have been a lot more about Rochdale. So being an ingrate has worked out for you this time.

Maybe its you who's the ingrate when I'm simply trying to strengthen Rovers. It was a suggestion and you respond with insults.

24 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

'Second striker' you been on FM again? He's a No.10 who drops back, sometimes all the way to our own box, when defending.

It's a good job we went two up top against a poor Barnet 2nd half or we wouldn't have scored three. Or Graham's clincher against Charlton.

The point about going 2 upfront is you surrender the midfield a bit but are able to go more direct because there's actually someone there to take advantage of flick-ons. Furthermore, conceding territory or a bit of control of midfield against POORER teams is a lot better than against teams that can hurt you. It's not really a difficult concept to grasp.

A no. 10 is a second striker ? Please give me one example of a decent manager that changes to 2 up front when they are playing against poorer sides? United don't, City don't, Spurs don't, Arsenal don't, Chelsea don't, Liverpool don't, Madrid don't, Juventus don't, Barca don't, Bayern don't, please name just one. There's a reason why it doesn't happen. Putting an extra striker on when you're desperately in need of a goal is a totally different concept.

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

A no. 10 is a second striker ? Please give me one example of a decent manager that changes to 2 up front when they are playing against poorer sides? United don't, City don't, Spurs don't, Arsenal don't, Chelsea don't, Liverpool don't, Madrid don't, Juventus don't, Barca don't, Bayern don't, please name just one. There's a reason why it doesn't happen. Putting an extra striker on when you're desperately in need of a goal is a totally different concept.

I've explained the rationale behind going two up front against 'lesser' teams. Can you counter it without mentioning Barca, Bayern and Juventus, who I'm sure you're an expert on?:rolleyes:

Also, being a big fan of Mowbray, you'll have noticed he's said himself he will change formation when it suits, like he did at half-time against Barnet and like he did against Crewe. You know, 'poorer' teams;)

my team is

Raya

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Tomlinson

Bennett         Dack          Antonsson

Samuel

subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Wharton Conway Whittingham Graham Nuttall

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Ward reacted to one fan rigger - and all he said was "Who me"? to the fan who shouted "Not ******* good enough"

Right in front of me, nothing in it at all, the majority applauded Ward and rightly so, he had a decent game.

personally I think the only decent game was from Dack,  and that the comment of not good enough was to the point and accurate.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

What did he actually do?

He came across aggressively to confront a fan, whether he had been provoked or not, it is not the reaction of a professional. At the end of the game he should be so knackered that he has not the energy to react like that.

From what i witnessed he walked over and asked if it was directed at him, he asked 3 times while pointing at his chest as if to say who me, he then carried on applauding the fans  .

To be honest it was actually one of his better games but then again he was never pressurized and i for one was one who said just after the start of the season he should hang his boots up(in this league) .

1 hour ago, rigger said:

He came across aggressively to confront a fan, whether he had been provoked or not, it is not the reaction of a professional. 

To say he came across aggressively isn't right rigger, he did did no such thing.

41 minutes ago, den9112 said:

From what i witnessed he walked over and asked if it was directed at him, he asked 3 times while pointing at his chest as if to say who me, he then carried on applauding the fans  .

Absolutely spot on, no agression, no outburst, just appreciation for the travelling fans and a question to 1 fan who bottled it.

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

To say he came across aggressively isn't right rigger, he did did no such thing.

Absolutely spot on, no agression, no outburst, just appreciation for the travelling fans and a question to 1 fan who bottled it.

It looked aggressive to me, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I've explained the rationale behind going two up front against 'lesser' teams. Can you counter it without mentioning Barca, Bayern and Juventus, who I'm sure you're an expert on?:rolleyes:

Also, being a big fan of Mowbray, you'll have noticed he's said himself he will change formation when it suits, like he did at half-time against Barnet and like he did against Crewe. You know, 'poorer' teams;)

The rationale is stupid because it doesn't work, as evidenced by the zero managers that employ it (I notice that you can't give any examples). As I said, changing the formation mid game is a completely different scenario.

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Mowbray could play Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer so long as he gets us three points. 

If Rudolph is a right back or a pacey winger he'll do for me. Those 4 legs must help at corners, defending or taking them.

Santa was a striker too, so he can be on the bench as his day job is over by Boxing Day.

COYB

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

A big thank you from the non-ingrates for your match preview.

I hope @Vinjay17 takes up your challenge as I am intrigued to see how it is possible to do a match preview without mentioning the opposition.

3 hours ago, rigger said:

He came across aggressively to confront a fan, whether he had been provoked or not, it is not the reaction of a professional. At the end of the game he should be so knackered that he has not the energy to react like that.

He showed no aggression whatsoever. That endbell that confronted him, sorry I should say mouthed Off and then bottled it when Ward asked him what he had said, had no reason to single Ward out, possibly our second best player on the day behind Dack. I agree he is not the best centre half we have but his performances are no worse than Nyambe, Whittingham, Evans or Conway On a weekly basis.

Jesus wept, never mind who said what, who gives a toss and from a professional, it should be water off a duck's back, whatever was said. Ward may have had a decent game for once but before reacting to a fan who's perhaps just spent a large portion of his weekly wage to bother to go to watch Rovers away, he should look inwards and think why the fan reacted as he did.

I have nothing but thoughts of a defeat on Boxing Day: We are nowhere near as good as we think we are and therein lies the problem.

Believing your own bullshit is never a recipe for success, unless the opposition is so so poor...........

Archived