BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time at half time for a post. I thought benno was pretty anonymous prior to winning that penalty. Dale made two defensive errors and got punished. Antonsson was hard working but no product until that pass for the first goal. Guess you got to graft for some luck. All in, I thought many are playing within themselves but most of all, I felt Evans is letting his team mates down. Didn’t get many things going.

have to say though, some of the passing from the back forwards from Mulgrew and Downing had been class. 

7 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Is it me, or did Raya just blatantly pick up a Mulgrew back-pass unnoticed by Dale and the officials?!

Mulgrew “kneed” it back. Is that perhaps NOT classed as s backpass? I thought it was 

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

No because Shrews are drawing - we need them to lose. Great to hear us 2-0 up but we need to up our game big time. 

Yeah from what I hear we have been very fortunate with Rochdale arguably the better side in the first half. Not a good barometer when they are second bottom and we are aiming for second top.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah from what I hear we have been very fortunate with Rochdale arguably the better side in the first half. Not a good barometer when they are second bottom and we are aiming for second top.

I thought at times when it was still 0-0, Dale were playing surprisingly up. Playing like the home side. Should be interesting to see the second half when they have to chase the game. Probably throw in Willem for the disappointing Evans and Nutall for a bit more pace. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Not really. Rochdale have competed well but only had one chance of note. Our first goal came from the best move of the game and the second created from nothing by sheer persistence. Good for our 2-0 lead imo 

Just now, Mike E said:

Don't know where this 'Rochdale the better side' stuff has come from? We'renot playing great, but they're not either.

Both sides even at worst.

Just from a mate at the game. He said arguably the better side.

It's been a poor game, but the lead is not entirely undeserved. Rochdale are awful.

You have to say that Mowbray's tactics are working. He has the team pressing hard and playing at a high intensity, making it hard for Rochdale to keep their shape and forcing errors. He's spoken a lot about teams coming to Ewood and being hard to break down... well, this approach is certainly working for him so far.

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Don't know where this 'Rochdale the better side' stuff has come from? We'renot playing great, but they're not either.

Both sides even at worst.

That's just it. We're just less shit generally than every bugger else bar t' pie eaters.

I'd really love to be on the edge of my seat and see us play really, really well. Get Kevin Hird and that two hat Bailey on t' pitch!

Archived