BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS V Rochdale

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did Graham work hard? Nope. 

Did Graham try to win the ball back or chase the keeper down? Nope

Graham did nothing again..

I thought Mowbray could do no wrong in your eyes?Graham must be doing something right as recently Mowbray has been starting him!

Graham also knows the limitations of his own body a lot better than you do.He doesn't have it in him to run around chasing every ball,he is reserving his energy.By no means am I suggesting Graham is brilliant or is the same player he was when we first brought him in but I definitely think he still has a part to play and the manager seems to agree

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

I thought Mowbray could do no wrong in your eyes?Graham must be doing something right as recently Mowbray has been starting him!

He supports TM fully on every decision! But has differing views on the players that TM selects.

He also never misses a game this lad. Except he means its only home games in the league.

Even contradicts himself within two sentences. 

"I dont miss League games at all. Not missed a home League Game since becoming ST holders over 20 years ago." 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Graham also knows the limitations of his own body a lot better than you do.He doesn't have it in him to run around chasing every ball,he is reserving his energy.By no means am I suggesting Graham is brilliant or is the same player he was when we first brought him in but I definitely think he still has a part to play and the manager seems to agree

I disagree on Graham and I would play Samuel. I want pace in my main striker. In behind the defences or run the channels and win the ball back from the defenders

Could Graham and Samuel play together? Most likely but where do you play our main attacking threat Dack? In the 10 role or wide or centre mid? If in the 10 role would it be diamond midfield shape or 3-5-2 formation? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree on Graham and I would play Samuel. I want pace in my main striker. In behind the defences or run the channels and win the ball back from the defenders

Could Graham and Samuel play together? Most likely but where do you play our main attacking threat Dack? In the 10 role or wide or centre mid? If in the 10 role would it be diamond midfield shape or 3-5-2 formation? 

Teams defend deep against us though, especially at Ewood so there's rarely space in behind or channels to run into. For me a 1 up front has to have good movement and be good with his back to goal. Not sure Graham excels in the former but he's the best we've got in the latter.

Problem is,Chaddy slagged Graham off to buggery at the start of the season. At the time, rightly so by all reports, as he wasn't pulling his weight. Now, he is putting in more of a shift and scoring more regularly, it is impossible to say he's playing better without an asshole like me saying "will you admit you were wrong about Graham?"  So now if he has as good a game as another striker, he had service and the other one didn't, or some other excuse other than begrudgingly saying Graham had a good game. 

Saying all that, Graham should be kept on til the end of the season, as his experience and hold up play will prove useful at the business end of the season, but I think his contract is up at the end of this season(?), if it is, and we get promotion, then let him go. If we're still here in L1, try to sign him on again on a lesser deal as we'll need him.

Does Chaddy go to games?  Yes

Does it make him good at football analysis?  No, not even a bit.

Has Chaddy taken against Danny Graham and now criticizes him after almost every game?  Yes, it's been going on for a couple of months, ask Roversfan99.

Is it worth paying a lot of attention to his opinion?  Not for me, not really, great fan sure, great with links but poor judgement.

In the interests of fair play and balance Chaddy never wanted to get rid of the manager, like you lot did, just before we went on a run not seen at Ewood in decades, a run that has us sat in 3rd place and set up for a New Year assault on the championship.

But we digress....

Anyway back to Rochdale, I've only just seen the gate, over 15k, tremendous effort by the fans especially with prices at £26 for the Bburn end if you bought on the day and a 30 minute queue!

Just goes to show, this club still has its heart beat despite years of mismanagement and dark magic.

14 minutes ago, Gav said:

In the interests of fair play and balance Chaddy never wanted to get rid of the manager, like you lot did, just before we went on a run not seen at Ewood in decades, a run that has us sat in 3rd place and set up for a New Year assault on the championship.

But we digress....

Chaddy never wants rid of any manager until the day they're gone though Gav.

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

But we digress....

Anyway back to Rochdale, I've only just seen the gate, over 15k, tremendous effort by the fans especially with prices at £26 for the Bburn end if you bought on the day and a 30 minute queue!

Just goes to show, this club still has its heart beat despite years of mismanagement and dark magic.

Which he constantly harps on about despite the season not even being over yet and we are still behind our target. He likes to give it but struggles to take it.

24 minutes ago, Gav said:

But we digress....

Personally I voted stick so that doesn't really make sense

38 minutes ago, Hasta said:

At which point he immediately blames them, says he’s always thought so, and then backs the next manager as the right choice.

If Steve Kean came back he’d give him at least 10 games.

The King is dead...

Chaddy's got a downer on Graham, even the dogs in the street know that. There's one or two playing for us now that I don't rate but if by some quirk of fortune they have a blinder in some game in the future I'll come on here and say so. Don't box yourself into a corner regarding players, you just make yourself look silly.

• Backroom

I've been disappointed with Graham overall this season but I don't think we're going to find anybody willing to take on his wage, and I can't see him taking a pay cut elsewhere with only six months left on his deal here. Much like Lowe, Henley, and various others we've overpaid until their contracts expired, I doubt he'll ever earn this much again. Hopefully he'll at least end the season in double figures as he's currently got six league goals. If he plays his part in getting us promoted then that'll be enough, and he seems to have put in a little more effort recently which is a good sign.  

• Backroom

Round and round and round we go! 

Chaddy and roversfan99 have had running disagreements for as long as I can remember, it's not exclusive to them by any means but on forums (this one a prime example) people set out their stall and then use anything and everything to back up their point even if it isn't logical or true.

It was rife in the Rhodes era, we had those that every time he scored had to post a sarcastic remark to the naysayers ('rubbish that Rhodes isn't he) and when he didn't score the other side were quick to say how terrible he was.  Same with Bowyer's prowess.

Then we have people who have criticised someone and will then only see it one way (see Rev with Lambert and Bennett, Jal with Nyambe and Chaddy with Graham). Not many of us are immune from it, I'm certainly not and have done it myself.

More often than not the truth is somehwere in the middle!

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Chaddy and roversfan99 have had running disagreements for as long as I can remember, it's not exclusive to them by any means but on forums (this one a prime example) people set out their stall and then use anything and everything to back up their point even if it isn't logical or true.

It was rife in the Rhodes era, we had those that every time he scored had to post a sarcastic remark to the naysayers ('rubbish that Rhodes isn't he) and when he didn't score the other side were quick to say how terrible he was.  Same with Bowyer's prowess.

Then we have people who have criticised someone and will then only see it one way (see Rev with Lambert and Bennett, Jal with Nyambe and Chaddy with Graham)

No more sensible posts thank you. 

56 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If Grahams contract runs out in summer then we might see a gut busting effort late in the season if he fancies trying to earn another one whether it's here or elsewhere.

Fingers crossed.

Would not be in the least surprised to see this from now on but in view of the performances over the last twelve months or so would a new contract be merited bearing in mind his age.? Personally think would be time to say thanks and move on, expected a lot more from Graham this season than has to date been delivered six league goals out of fourty two scored is not a good return for your leading striker. Good job goals are being shared around.

19 hours ago, JacknOry said:

You might want to change your original statement then - as you said you dont miss games.Perhaps say i dont miss home games and only miss cup games and away games? Your statement that 'you dont miss games' kinda suggests that you dont miss ANY Rovers games.

A bit OTT don't you think? Nobody doubts that Chaddy is one of the keenest Rovers supporters in captivity.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

But we digress....

No I didnt cos I trust Mowbray and players were good enough to get promote this season. 

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

I wanted Coyle sack earlier but said we need a plan in place who would replacing him. 

Kean wanted him gone very early during his 1st full season. 

Bowyer. After Brentford home game which we drew I wanted him cos of negative tactics and felt we need a new manager. 

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Which he constantly harps on about despite the season not even being over yet and we are still behind our target. He likes to give it but struggles to take it.

We are averaging over 2 points per game and on 12 games unbeaten run. 

And still some fans are unhappy. 

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy's got a downer on Graham, even the dogs in the street know that. There's one or two playing for us now that I don't rate but if by some quirk of fortune they have a blinder in some game in the future I'll come on here and say so. Don't box yourself into a corner regarding players, you just make yourself look silly.

I just expected alot better from experience striker and I just this season he hasnt been at all. 

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Then we have people who have criticised someone and will then only see it one way (see Rev with Lambert and Bennett, Jal with Nyambe and Chaddy with Graham). Not many of us are immune from it, I'm certainly not and have done it myself.

I have no problems with Roversfan99 and we have healthly discussions but I respect his view whilst disagreeing sometimes. 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wanted Coyle sack earlier but said we need a plan in place who would replacing him. 

Kean wanted him gone very early during his 1st full season. 

Bowyer. After Brentford home game which we drew I wanted him cos of negative tactics and felt we need a new manager. 

If we had sacked Coyle earlier without a plan, we may well have stayed up.

As for Bowyer , so you supported him for 3 seasons but then decided it was time for him to go after his final game in charge. Sums it up really. ???

8 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Would not be in the least surprised to see this from now on but in view of the performances over the last twelve months or so would a new contract be merited bearing in mind his age.? Personally think would be time to say thanks and move on, expected a lot more from Graham this season than has to date been delivered six league goals out of fourty two scored is not a good return for your leading striker. Good job goals are being shared around.

No I agree I do think it would be a good time to part ways on good terms at the end of the season. Stay down or go up we need more bang for the bucks he's earning.

Archived