BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rigger said:

Most people that I have talked to, say we will give some team a right thrashing, lets hope it's on Saturday. Maybe they will come to try to beat us, this may play out to our advantage.

4-0 Rovers.

True but Rochdale came to play as well. We didnt play well though so I just the players understand the importance of the points from this game.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

True but Rochdale came to play as well. We didnt play well though so I just the players understand the importance of the points from this game.

If that has not been drilled into the players heads, then someone is not doing their job.

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't really argue with that but who would shine with the very indifferent service our lone striker gets.

No striker will thrive on the service they get at Rovers but they need a run of games to stand a chance of fitting into the team.

On 12/27/2017 at 12:28, AggyBlue said:

I'll be a bag on nerves on Saturday for this one. Not got a good feeling after our recent poor performances.

You and me bith, don't fancy this.  They are in good form right now perhaps we can strike the Irons while they are hot., A loss and drop to 4th.

27 minutes ago, philipl said:

This sickness virus is a worry.

Other than that, we have the first game for a while where a Rovers win isn't a formality and it seems most fans have melted into a bag of nerves.

When were Rovers wins ever a formality?

We've been on a great run recently but we are a long way from a team who is going to roll the oppo over without much fuss. Scunthorpe have been one of the best teams in this division for the last two years, they have players that can hurt us and a manager who knows what he's doing. No wonder there's nerves, this is an important game.

• Backroom

I tend to be more confident about games like this, teams that fancy their chances may put pressure on at one end but leave gaps at the other which we can exploit.

When a team comes for a 0-0 we look more likely to lose. 

I would play Samuel up top as I think he's potentially the most mobile and suited to catching them on the break if they do go attacking

• Backroom
36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Only problem is Samuel has been ill all week, so may not have the energy we need.

With respect I dont think we should ever play on the break at home in this league.

Not sure how I forgot about him being poorly! In that case it has to be Graham starting 

I don't think we should aim to play on the break but if a team come to attack we have the capability to catch them

There's no way on earth we should be panicking about any side in this poor league but we are unfortunately 

We are in third due to the fact that we have a few players who are head and shoulders above anyone else in the division even TM knows this fact and the class has carried us up to third and unless we start to get our major players injured or luck goes against us we will carry on. Wigans fine run won't last forever and Shrewsbury will wobble promotion is definitely on the cards 

Why oh why are people getting in a panic over scunthorpe 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Only problem is Samuel has been ill all week, so may not have the energy we need.

With respect I dont think we should ever play on the break at home in this league.

Charlie Mulgrew recovered OK. Samuel should be fine by now. I don't think it was much worse than a bad cold. Playing on the break does not have to be a religion but it is nice to have if you have been pushed back momentarily. Pace is never lost.

Just now, frosty said:

Wigan drew 0-0 with Charlton tonight. We'll go three points behind them if we win tomorrow, big chance to close the gap to top spot.

Have to take the chance - hopefully the boys will be buoyed by that result.

Archived