BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Tom said:

Up to us to do our bit now, be a huge missed opportunity if we don't win.

In recent seasons we have made an art-form of missing opportunities when they were presented. Look how many times we were on the verge of Top 6 with Bowyer but could never clinch it.

So I understand completely why fans are nervous about this one.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, 47er said:

In recent seasons we have made an art-form of missing opportunities when they were presented. Look how many times we were on the verge of Top 6 with Bowyer but could never clinch it.

Yep I'm suddenly more nervous about it now we have a chance to close the gap 

My team

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Tomlinson

Bennett              Dack            Conway

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Caddis Evans Whittingham Antonsson Nuttall Graham

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Smallwood Tomlinson

Samuel

I'd go with that except keep Antonsson in for Conway. His overall performances aren't great but he does break forward quicker and has been involved in several decent pieces of build up play with Dack for his goals. I think he gives a bit more pace and attacking support than Conway. Just keep him off pens !!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Smallwood Tomlinson

Samuel

Me too. That's if everybody is fit of course.

Just now, Hasta said:

I'd go with that except keep Antonsson in for Conway. His overall performances aren't great but he does break forward quicker and has been involved in several decent pieces of build up play with Dack for his goals. I think he gives a bit more pace and attacking support than Conway. Just keep him off pens !!

Hard one to call really regarding Antonnson and Conway. Neither of those two is the complete answer . I'm just hoping Coneay can get involved more in midfield.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yep I'm suddenly more nervous about it now we have a chance to close the gap 

It wouldn't be a massive shock if Shrewsbury lost at Southend tomorrow. Big opportunity for us tomorrow, I'd take a nervy 1-0 all day long. Our record against the teams in the top half has been good this season and hopefully we can continue that tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Smallwood Tomlinson

Samuel

Tomlinson ain't up to it I'm afraid. We need attacking options on the pitch. Get Nuttall on with Samuel up front 

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tomlinson ain't up to it I'm afraid. We need attacking options on the pitch. Get Nuttall on with Samuel up front 

Why do you say that? I know he didn't have he best game last time out but most didn't. Every other time he has impressed. I'd have him above Evans and Whit's that's for sure.

Player for player we are better than Scunthorpe but there are so many variables that it doesn't always mean the best team on paper will win. We need to match their desire, we need to be inventive to break down their (at times) nine man defence and we need to be organised and set up correctly. I think several players need to step up now we are within touching distance of the top two. Some will thrive on the pressure and some will wilt. Mowbray needs to weed out the weaker players and bring in strong characters.

Hopefully we will be in the top two by 4.45. The bigger challenge will be staying there.

18 hours ago, Al said:

Does anybody know the state of the pitch? With all the illness in the team a postponement might be a blessing in disguise.

I don't know if it is true the team doctor was seen near Ewood with a large can of glyphosate at 4am...

Weather forecast looks remarkably bening for this afternoon. 

11 hours ago, 47er said:

All really understandable I guess and the WORST thing that could happen is to transmit that nervous tension on to the pitch.

We need to do the opposite and get behind the team no matter what happens during the game and stand by the players; we can only be the 12th ‘man’ if we want to be the 12th man.

COYB

17 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Oh dear.

You going on the match, JAL?

It would be rude not to.

Pre season favourites on a unbeaten run playing at home to a near rival that's in form come on blueboy3333 only poor perperation is going to stop us surely.

17 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

Plenty of times we've been very poor this season. We could be again this Saturday. 

Don't expect it to be pretty or even entertaining it's that one goal scored that counts for the three points.

If we can get the first goal we usually do ok. If they score first it could be a struggle.

I've been watching Rovers a long while now and if I had a £5 note for every time they've contrived to balls up a good position I'd be a rich man.

Watching the 3-1 home defeat to West Ham after winning at Upton Park 8-2 a couple of days previously set me up for a lifetime of scepticism I'm afraid.

It’ll be interesting to see what the attendance is today. It was hardly exhilarating football on Boxing Day but it was another win in potentially, potentially a title-winning season.

The club should have (unless I missed it) put together a two game deal for the Christmas period to try to get some fans back in the habit. The numbers on the scoreboard today will say whether the gamble (not to) paid off.

Has there been any update of HSTs sold? I’ll go with 13,300 on the basis that people are still in the holiday mood but that Scunny will bring a few less than Wigan.

With illness running through the ranks I'd take a draw now, it's clearly impacted on the side in the last 2 games.

Scunny are nothing special, we've beaten them already this season, and if we had everyone fit I'd be predicting 3-1 win.

Enjoy the game.

16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Where is the nervousness coming from?..be confident...we play to win every game.

2-0

A subdued 12,200 in attendance.

Probably because we never really play well at home and we're up against a rare good team with players like Morris who can hurt us. They've also got an away record similar to ours. I think today will be a tough test of our promotion credentials.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

With illness running through the ranks I'd take a draw now, it's clearly impacted on the side in the last 2 games.

Scunny are nothing special, we've beaten them already this season, and if we had everyone fit I'd be predicting 3-1 win.

Enjoy the game.

Pride comes before a fall....decades of watching Rovers and high expectations that are usually deflated show it doesn't pay to be cocky.  

Archived