BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

With illness running through the ranks I'd take a draw now, it's clearly impacted on the side in the last 2 games.

Scunny are nothing special, we've beaten them already this season, and if we had everyone fit I'd be predicting 3-1 win.

Enjoy the game.

Scunny are only 2 points behind us after half a season and were apparently by far the better team at their place.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’ll be interesting to see what the attendance is today. It was hardly exhilarating football on Boxing Day but it was another win in potentially, potentially a title-winning season.

The club should have (unless I missed it) put together a two game deal for the Christmas period to try to get some fans back in the habit. The numbers on the scoreboard today will say whether the gamble (not to) paid off.

Has there been any update of HSTs sold? I’ll go with 13,300 on the basis that people are still in the holiday mood but that Scunny will bring a few less than Wigan.

650 tickets sold by Scunthorpe pre match.

Cant see the queues snaking round the Blackburn End today - 12,000

I watched the away match on iFollow and I 'd rate them as one of the best teams we've played this season.  Having said that if we play on the front foot and take our chances.  I don't think they will sit back, they are also on a good run and will be looking for revenge.  I just hope we have a fit team who can go for it and not the tired lot we saw last time.

What will happen today:-

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Evans

Bennett              Dack            Antonsson

Graham

1-0 (Dack)

Morris to sign for us on the pitch at half-time.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Tomlinson

Bennett              Dack            Conway

Samuel

Subs:- Luetwiler Caddis Evans Whittingham Antonsson Nuttall Graham

Think I'd swap Tomlinson for Whitttingham or Evans and Conway for either Nuttall or Antonsson, and may go for a positive 442 / 4411.

I'm still full of the lurgey that kept me away from the Rochdale game, but I'm going for kill or cure and will be rallying round the Rovers on Ewood today.

Keep the unbeaten run going Rovers!! COYB

• Backroom
12 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Big game tomorrow. We're in good form, unbeaten run, chance to close the gap on the top two, maybe even break into the top two. This is what it's all about it. Sod the nerves. Let's ave it!!

Feeling that myself, if we are going to get promoted this is the kind of game we should be relishing.

3-0 Rovers 

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Talking this lot up like they are world beaters?...it's generally a piss pot league and we should he putting this lot to the sword.

You can fully understand why our team looks nervous at Ewood sometimes if this is the general atmosphere permeating down from the stands

Yep, it's the fans fault we play cautious, back-foot football at Ewood with only 1 isolated front man.:rolleyes:

We haven't really put anyone to the sword but if you think today's the day then awesome! I wish I had your confidence.

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Talking this lot up like they are world beaters?...it's generally a piss pot league and we should he putting this lot to the sword.

You can fully understand why our team looks nervous at Ewood sometimes if this is the general atmosphere permeating down from the stands

Looking at our recent record everything points towards a Scunny win SG, get with the BRFCS program, the lemmings are about to go over the cliff.

4 hours ago, philipl said:

I don't know if it is true the team doctor was seen near Ewood with a large can of glyphosate at 4am...

Weather forecast looks remarkably bening for this afternoon. 

Team Doctor? I hope that's for the pitch and not the players!:o

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We'll never do anything under Venky's  >>>>>>>> We'll smash everyone.

The wonderful world of Gav:lol:

We will NEVER do anything under Venkys, thats a fact blueboy3333, and whilst you may well have Barry Whites picture plastered above your bed should we get back into the Championship, I sir will not.

You best stick to arguing with Chaddy over who posts the best link

No its this link.....

No its my link.............:lol:

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

We will NEVER do anything under Venkys, thats a fact blueboy3333, and whilst you may well have Barry Whites picture plastered above your bed should we get back into the Championship, I sir will not.

No its this link.....

Call off the promotion party, Gav has spoken! We aren't going up, it's a fact!!!!

p.s. it was my link.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Up to us to do our bit now, be a huge missed opportunity if we don't win.

Yes. All of us. Without any criticism intended for the first time this season we need the crowd up for this one as well. 

COYB

21 minutes ago, Gav said:

No its this link.....

Someone needs to change their privacy settings on Insta...

D6F18C98-456A-480B-A6AB-719CCDAB8B57.jpeg

55 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Call off the promotion party, Gav has spoken! We aren't going up, it's a fact!!!!

p.s. it was my link.

Who'd celebrate promotion? What for exactly? Going up where we should be and beating teams with a fraction of what we have now? The Team largely still of last years rejects should be ashamed of the fact we are even down here. 

Archived