BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

One of those day. Think we played well and scored two good goals. Individual errors cost us, they created close to nothing. Wittingham can pass the ball pretty well sideways, but is that enough to keep playing week after week? Dack is defo better than this league, just need to use him more. Defence solid except from the two error from Raya and Benett. Nyambe did really well, wingers cant get past him.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tom said:

Poor result, decent effort but a team aiming for automatic promotion should find a way to win that game 

The Northampton One was a real kicker. Guess we go again two days later.

a draw between third and fourth probably not the end of the world if presented before the match but hurts to be twice in front and losing the lead.

Good performance - what we've all been asking for. Shame it didn't turn up three points, and a couple of results didn't go our way, but a long way to go yet. Let's take that disappointment out on Rotherham on MONDAY (thanks for correcting me @Cherry Blue).

Always going to be tricky as will Rotherham on Monday because they won at Walsall and will be fired up to get back into contention.

We stole a win at Glanford Park and missed our chance to win here.

Just got to make sure we beat Shrewsbury in the next League game at Ewood.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Good performance - what we've all been asking for. Shame it didn't turn up three points, and a couple of results didn't go our way, but a long way to go yet. Let's take that disappointment out on Rotherham on Tuesday.

Rotherham back in good form recently and won again today, very tough game to come.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I don't know why people expect Shrewsbury to fall away just because they are a smaller club. They're up there for a reason. 

Because they finished 18th last season and many teams have decent runs before falling away. Clearly it's more than that now, which is why people are now not expecting them to implode. We'll simply need to better their results for the remainder of the season - tough ask but doable.

Really need those 3 points on Monday now.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I don't know why people expect Shrewsbury to fall away just because they are a smaller club. They're up there for a reason. 

I think they've had their stumble now and steadied again 

5 from 9 over Christmas with a bout of norovirus in the squad isn't the end of the world, but could have done with 9 from 9 to properly keep the pressure on Wigan and Shrewsbury. Still all to play for in the new year and we go in to the transfer window knowing we need 3 new faces at least to ensure we carry on a promotion push.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Because they finished 18th last season and many teams have decent runs. Clearly it's more than that now, which is why people are now not expecting them to implode. We'll simply need to better their results for the remainder of the season - tough ask but doable.

Really need those 3 points on Monday now.

I don't know much about shrewsbury to be honest. Would they be in a position to turn down bids for their players I wonder?

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A good point. 

The longer we remain unbeaten,the more likely we are to go up. 13 games now? 

Possibly a good point if play offs are the aim

Good performance - bad result. But that's what can happen when you make mistakes at the back and can't finish up front.

Final ball was a bit off, especially those pointless high crosses . . . we can't head.

We could end up playing Scunthorpe in the play-offs. I'd settle for a 3-2 aggregate victory in that scenario.

I don't know much about shrewsbury to be honest. Would they be in a position to turn down bids for their players I wonder?

Good question. I don't know enough about their infrastructure/owner etc. to answer it. I guess like any club, every player would have his price. Be great if a couple clubs could de-rail them by pinching a couple of players in Jan!

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

2-1 Graham :P

Laid on by Antonsson ??

maybe there’s a reason I watch the games sat on my sofa while Mowbray is in the touch line. I did think Graham was also culpable for their second though.

Bennett not only screwed up for the goal but couldn’t make a simple pass to Dack when we had a 2 on 1. 

Not the end of the world but I think the transfer window will decide if we go up or not

Just now, schoey said:

5 from 9 over Christmas with a bout of norovirus in the squad isn't the end of the world, but could have done with 9 from 9 to properly keep the pressure on Wigan and Shrewsbury. Still all to play for in the new year and we go in to the transfer window knowing we need 3 new faces at least to ensure we carry on a promotion push.

Vital to get some better players in in the transfer window. 

• Backroom

He didn't cost us the game but I struggle to get over how bad refs are in this league just really amateur stuff they miss, the advantage he failed to give them, randomly booking Dack and failing to book their guy booting the ball away.

Some really odd performances today Bennett did some brilliant work winning the ball back but some woeful stuff off the ball, Whittingham turned into Tugay one or two times then spent the rest of the game as Jason Lowe.

Nyambe and Dack were brilliant with the latter so unlucky not to score.

Presume Graham was injured otherwise it was a ludicrous substitution.

Also what on earth was Mulgrew doing in injury time; chance to cross from deep and instead does some weird outside of foot flick to nobody.

5 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Good question. I don't know enough about their infrastructure/owner etc. to answer it. I guess like any club, every player would have his price. Be great if a couple clubs could de-rail them by pinching a couple of players in Jan!

Ya,I think if we have the best window of us,wigan and Shrewsbury we will be in with a great shot of auto. I can't see a mass exodus at wigan,so hopefully the shrews get hit 

• Backroom

Panic stations out I see 

Nope, just a realistic view of the situation based on our overall performances. Appreciate that doesn't suit your agenda but it is what it is. If you look back at my post history you'll see I've been saying this for a while. Easier to just make a snide remark though I guess. 

Archived