BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

Just now, bazza said:

I'll bet you had JAL leaping in delight around his computer. To be fair, I was cursing Nyambe for bringing the ball out of defence and then giving a poor pass to their player in midfield. Then I saw it was Samuel.:huh:

Rev, does Bennett owe you a lot of money or has he run off with your wife? He had a fair game today as he does in most matches.

Ha ha. People used to say the same when I criticised Lowe after he was moved into midfield.

Bennett is one of the poorest olayers Ive seen in a Rovers shirt and he's getting worse and worse month after month. Not quite as bad as O Mara, Mckinnon and Chris Brown etc  but certainly on a par for uselessness and being utterly ineffective as the likes of Lowe.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are definitely on your own Rev, most folk I know see him as a decent enough player, especially at this level.

I think you’ve fallen into that trap of forming an opinion of a player and only looking out for their mistakes.

Example - my Dad thought Dack was a ‘bad ‘un’ after his first few games, he’s only just grudgingly acknowledging his form and even that is caveated with ‘yeah he’s improving, but err he still gives the ball away too much for me’

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

good performance by Rovers and deserve all 3 points today. 

Graham was very good and I enjoyed his performance today, work hard, chase the ball, hold the ball and got 2 goals. Surprise when he went off but Mowbray said he went off with tight hamstring

But you want rid of him don't you?

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ha ha. People used to say the same when I criticised Lowe after he was moved into midfield.

Bennett is one of the poorest olayers Ive seen in a Rovers shirt and he's getting worse and worse month after month. Not quite as bad as O Mara, Mckinnon and Chris Brown etc  but certainly on a par for uselessness and being utterly ineffective as the likes of Lowe.

Elliot Bennett career goals - 38

Jason Lowe - 3

At least Chaddy held his hand up that Graham played well today. You're on your own on this one Rev.

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I think everyone has players we d love to get shut of ..but when they have a decent game you put your hand up and say so.Well most do ..

I think Chaddy got in quick there," disarming" is the word----literally

We have played a lot worse than that and won but our propensity to give goals away is going to come back and haunt us I believe. Their second goal was an error by Bennett but equally as culpable were Graham and Williams. Graham was just too weak and Williams simply didn't do enough to stop the cross. Offensively we were better than of late but still lack invention and pace to get in behind. I wondered if Mulgrew was carrying a knock as he didn't seem his usual self and only took one set piece. 

Overall I felt disappointed at not winning but if we don't cut out the errors that feeling will be prevalent in a few more games before we end the season.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Bennetts always a hard worker, ideal for pressing and generally a decent player.

That said, for me hes had a poor season. Needs to contribute far more, 0 goals in half a season from wide when he scored a few in the championship, plus not enough assists.

That shot in the first half was the first time in ages I've seen him do that, last season he was testing the keeper often from range 

15 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Like Bennetts work rate but end product is lacking. That said - he does allow Nyambe to attack more. On the left Antonsson is way more effective going forward but Williams can't overlap...

Can’t or needs more confidence to? His confidence on the ball has gone up enormously in recent weeks. Let’s hope there’s more to follow.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It was the same with Lowe - people would never acknowledge that he played well. FWIW I think Bennett's fine at this level but I do think he hides sometimes. 

You should take that to Beat the Frog on a Monday night. You'd be at the paladium in 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, DE. said:

Even though we do let teams have more shots against us than Shrewsbury, it's by a marginal amount, yet we concede double the goals they do. So yeah, it points to errors from our defenders being punished. Wigan are setting a really high standard defensively though, whilst keeping their goals scored column at a decent level too. Perhaps we need to have a look at what they're doing, as man-for-man I don't think our team is that much worse than theirs.

Stats don’t tell the whole story though. It’s not the number of chances but the quality of chances. We are making fatal mistakes in very dangerous areas of the pitch and gifting opposition strikers good chances. It’s not as though it’s been a one-off today. I’ve said on many occasions this season that “a better quality striker would have punished us”.

Mowbray needs to iron this out. It’s nothing to do with skill or fitness and everything to do with attitude and concentration. This is where a decent manager will motivate his players to focus where it matters most. Bennett didn’t half put a shift in today (at point he had to get up off the ground to make a brilliant challenge in order for the ref to allow him to be treated for what looked like sore ribs, and he had to have the Terry Butcher treatment plus bonus shirt and shorts removal - much to the excitement of some of the mums near us) but he was completely at fault for what proven to be the decisive Scunny goal and an(other) apologetic tweet isn’t the answer.

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well I must of seen a different game to everyone else. I thought whittingham was appalling. One of the worst performances this season by anyone. Nyambe was his usual poor self , slowing up play, passing backwards, doesn't know how to cross a ball and if that was a good performance then we are in serious trouble. I will say it again hart isn't a footballer full stop. He should not be getting paid to play football. 

To many poor individual performances and that team is being carried by a few individuals.

Take dack and mulgrew out that team and its a mid table side... At best.

Archived