BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers L1 Game 24 - Ewood Park (30th December 2017)

Vinjay

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, JAL said:

On Nyambe though he had a decent game but he definitely gives absolutely nothing to the team from an attacking point, absolutely nothing. When he's up there nothing ever came from him he can only play short passes that's as far as he can go.

Apart from the cross that Graham scored our opener from.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

So we've got poor defenders, a cr@p keeper, the midfields woeful and terrible strikers.

The manager should have been sacked in November, the crowd are quiet, we never dominate games, we'll never catch Wigan and Shrewsbury are going up in second place.

Ive not even started on the pies and the Riverside bogs.

Youre a right bunch of miserable sods! 

We are 3rd in the league, not been beaten in 13 games, the clubs best run in decades and all you get on here is moan moan @#/? moan.

The manager, players and fans are doing very well indeed at the half way point of the season, with a bit of luck we'll go up comfortably this season, but the posters on BRFCS must do better, much better in the New Year, because some of the comments are just embarrassing. 

Happy New Year. 

Image result for vic an bob handbag gif

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Don't be silly. Which of Scunthorpe's players would have got in our team yesterday? Maybe the right midfielder/wing back and the No 16. They hadn't much up front and their midfield was dominated by ours.

With a bit of luck Scunthorpe won't have the No16 for much longer reputedly subject to interest from Sunderland source Scunthorpe's own web site. I also read somewhere that Wigan's Powell could be on his way in January. Quite possible some of our rivals could be weakened by end of January. Just so long as we are not.

Scunthorpe looked a well drilled team against the Rovers on Saturday but a couple of defensive mistakes cost us the 3 points these things happen but we almost beat one of the better teams in this division and the best organised team I have seen at Ewood this season so far and I have been to every home league game the unbeaten run continues. 

Thing with Bennetts slice is where the ball went, they got a very fortunate bounce.  It could have gone anywhere but it dropped on a plate for their striker.

On 12/30/2017 at 11:19, DE. said:

Poor result. Shrewsbury pull two points away from us. We need to strengthen in January or we're looking at a playoff spot imo. 

They got one from us we got four from them over the season  Acceptable against a promotion contender I suppose. We should have had 3 points but that soft mentality cost us again and regardless what the "won't go down" Mercer says, it will cost us promotion.

“Soft mentality” seems to be the new BRFCS buzz word, it’s used in several posts in this thread. 

Why are we suddenly soft? I see no signs of this. I see footballers playing at their level, mainly, and making mistakes which are almost expected in League 1, that’s why they’re in this division. 

As for Hart? Where did we find him? I don’t think he actually touched the ball and certainly contributed nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

“Soft mentality” seems to be the new BRFCS buzz word, it’s used in several posts in this thread. 

Why are we suddenly soft? I see no signs of this. I see footballers playing at their level, mainly, and making mistakes which are almost expected in League 1, that’s why they’re in this division. 

As for Hart? Where did we find him? I don’t think he actually touched the ball and certainly contributed nothing. 

Hart did touch the ball but contributed next to nothing. He came from Liverpool

Just now, Paul said:

The mistake Bennett made to gift Scunthorpe their second wouldn’t even be “expected” at pub level.

But I think the soft mentality is what appears to be a lack of belief and the struggle to see out games unless we score three goals or more.

Btw, how can you edit your posts without it saying ‘edited’?

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The mistake Bennett made to gift Scunthorpe their second wouldn’t even be “expected” at pub level.

But I think the soft mentality is what appears to be a lack of belief and the struggle to see out games unless we score three goals or more.

We don't have a lack of belief, we're unbeaten in 13 games, the best run in decades, confidence is high in the camp even if fitness is not due to illness.

Paul's absolutely spot on, this 'soft mentality' bunkum is the latest in a long line of nonsense created in Brfcsville for the lemmings to latch in to, and I wouldn't usually put you in that bracket Stuart ;)

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Paul said:

In fairness he controlled a difficult ball and drove towards their box to win a free kick in injury time which Dack passed to their keeper.

I agree with the sentiment though he looks either lost or afraid when he gets the ball, much like Antonsson but the latter has a knack of scoring a few!

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

I had a very clear view of Williams failure to close the player down and the deflection off his leg as the ball passed him. I couldn’t see what I originally thought was Nyambe’s error and still haven’t. All I saw in the game was the ball going skywards as the result of a, presumed, miskick. I think it can happen anywhere. When I say “expected” I mean I expect these players to make mistakes, not a particular one. And they do, all over the park in every match from both sides. It’s the nature of a League 1 player.

I don’t think we lack belief but yes we don’t see out games well enough  

On the “edited” question I don’t think you can edit without it saying edited.

Just edited this, it should state that. 

Hi all scunthorpe fan here

I thoroughly enjoyed the match, It was a cracking effort by both teams. I felt you lot were a bit hard done by and probably should of won the game. Danny Graham is a great player I was left wondering why he was taken off. I'm glad you lot picked up on just how bad the referee was, I lost my head when we had that good attack and then he blew us back for a freekick what a clown. it's always the same in league one with the refs, they really don't have a clue 

It was my first trip to ewood park, very nice stadium. Makes Glanford park look like a dump (which it really is)

Anyway good luck with the rest of your season. 

PS: Venkys out it's disgraceful what they have done to your club.

Archived