BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-talks-to-sign-wigan-midfielder-jack-byrne-1-4649115

He's mentioned in the link that I, not Chaddy, posted yesterday re Jack Byrne. Is Walker any good?

Ive seen him play twice.  Once he was the best player on the pitch and the other he was quiet. 

If we could get him signed up on a free for next year or small fee in jan i think go for it. 24 year old attacking midfielder / winger.

My neighbours are big jambo fans and they rate him

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, robbojohnno said:

A question for the U23 watchers. I've never seen him but he's had good reviews. His profile: https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/academy/profiles/midfielder/callum-wright/

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Caulkers got big gambling and alcohol problems.

They are the types routinely dumped into this club over the past 7 years on contracts they'd get nowhere else so i'd avoid anyone by a mile if they've even a whiff of that about them no matter what the on field rep.

Thankfully TM doesn't seem the type to entertain that kind of lad.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's more of a Conway replacement than a Chapman replacement. Nothing wrong with that, but like Conway he's not the quickest.

maybe this is the time to replace Conway. Looking forward to seeing Morris playing today

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Don't know much about Nolan, I know that Taylor is very tricky and can pop up with a goal. Morris would definitely be a good signing, he's come on leaps and bounds since he left us. 

maybe look to sign both and look to replace Conway now. His legs do appear to have gone

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

This thread is for links and rumours, not for you to play Football Manager.

I noticed you single out Dunnfc for suggesting players but have a go at me. Double standards from you

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Keep up Chaddy, and it's from a website not known for getting things right so hardly an 'official' bid.

only time will tell

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Chaddy told me off last year for unwittingly posting a link that he'd already posted. He was quite angry. I've played the long game and got my revenge. I'm not bitter.

I don't follow your posts and most often just ignore your posts

1 hour ago, Blue n whites said:

Boy called jamie walker from hearts was talking to rovers last week. On a free at end of year. At wigan as we speak

is he a pacey winger? right or left footed?

5 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

I bet my house we don't sign Josh morris

Won't happen, he won't come back here

I posted a few months go that Mowbray enquired after Morris last summer but was scared off by the £1m price tag.

Morris would definitely want to come back, trust me.

44 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I posted a few months go that Mowbray enquired after Morris last summer but was scared off by the £1m price tag.

Morris would definitely want to come back, trust me.

Not good enough. Be found out in the championship. This league is pish we don't need to be shopping in it.

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Not good enough. Be found out in the championship. This league is pish we don't need to be shopping in it.

So there are no players in this league that could step up to the championship?We already bought one in Dack.

The SPL is pish too doesn't stop you suggesting player's from it 

Just now, islander200 said:

So there are no players in this league that could step up to the championship?We already bought one in Dack.

The SPL is pish too doesn't stop you suggesting player's from it 

Quite true with Dack tbf but he had been linked to Bristol and others in a tier higher.

Pish technically maybe but if a Motherwell player goes to PNE for 500k and Dembele for 18 million to Brighton then it's clearly not as bad as you suggest

I was disagreeing with your point that we shouldn't be shopping in this league. 

There are players capable of playing at a higher level in this league as there are in the SPL they are both poor leagues though.

I haven't seen enough of Morris to know if he could step up but he has been linked with Ipswich. Personally I'd rather we went for someone quicker than Morris but his stats suggest he wouldn't be a bad signing

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:
3 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

is he a pacey winger? right or left footed?

Hes right footed. Seems to be athletic enough but like i said ive only seen him play twice.

Like dunnfc has stated he hasnt had the best year.  But he has more attacking ability than most in our squad.

He can take a free kick. Penalty etc 

I think it would be a really good signing. 

Watched the Old Firm earlier. Tavernier at Right Back for Rangers best player on the pitch, he's far too good to be playing in that league. If he's still there come next summer and providing we are in the Championship we should break what's left of the bank to sign him. Doubt we'd get him but he's head and shoulders above any of our current right back options and for me would get into most Championship sides. So basically we've no chance of signing him :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Watched the Old Firm earlier. Tavernier at Right Back for Rangers best player on the pitch, he's far too good to be playing in that league. If he's still there come next summer and providing we are in the Championship we should break what's left of the bank to sign him. Doubt we'd get him but he's head and shoulders above any of our current right back options and for me would get into most Championship sides. So basically we've no chance of signing him :lol: 

Did very well though allot was Candeias covering him, ala Emerton style. Usually Tav is brilliant going forwards and a great crosser but shockingly defensively though today as you saw he showed he was capable, great challenge in the first half on Sinclair.

Strange he didn't get into the Wigan side and went initially to the Scottish championship then promoted, even if we could find the reported 2 million I'm not sure he'd move from Rangers to Rovers in the championship.

• Backroom

From Andy Bayes

Tony Mowbray has confirmed that two cash offers are in at the moment, for players who have six months to run on their contracts. #rovers @BBCLancsSport

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Did very well though allot was Candeias covering him, ala Emerton style. Usually Tav is brilliant going forwards and a great crosser but shockingly defensively though today as you saw he showed he was capable, great challenge in the first half on Sinclair.

Strange he didn't get into the Wigan side and went initially to the Scottish championship then promoted, even if we could find the reported 2 million I'm not sure he'd move from Rangers to Rovers in the championship.

A step up. Sevco is just a stop gap for guys down on their luck. 

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Quite true with Dack tbf but he had been linked to Bristol and others in a tier higher.

Smallwood wasn't a bad coup, either.

But I agree on Morris. If today is anything to go by, I'd say he's a downgrade on Conway. Save our pennies for someone else.

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

From Andy Bayes

Tony Mowbray has confirmed that two cash offers are in at the moment, for players who have six months to run on their contracts. #rovers @BBCLancsSport

Oh god who are they?I won't be able to sleep tonight with anticipation it's Christmas eve all over again.

Can we start petition on Twitter for the return of Nicko's 11 o'clocker 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A step up. Sevco is just a stop gap for guys down on their luck. 

;) seemingly HMRC had no issue in acquiring/swapping the assets. You do realise a normal switcheroo is outlawed, the PC owned the debt not the club which is still with BDO and has a surplus if claims stay stagnant. Always the Parent Co. never the club what owns the share of rights playing football though similar to the rescue plan when venkys pull the plug here.

Archived