BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

36 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who's to say he can? The comments I read about him from Walsall fans were saying he wasn't really up to much out wide.  So would he come and play 2nd fiddle to Dack when he could possibly have the pick of League 1 clubs playing in his favoured position? I'd say not.

Well that's up to him to decide,ain't it?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Amazing isn’t it. Although this could just be agent talk, and it could simply be a bigger club improving their own U23 ranks, we have quality players in our ranks who are being kept away from action by the likes of Harper and Hart, just because they happen to have come from PL stables.

We will struggle to keep hold of our youngsters if a big club comes calling - due to money (to an extent) and pride. What we have to offer is the chance to develop under an excellent U23 management team and a fine team with an attacking ethos but also we need to be showing these lads that they are closer to first team football here than the would be by going to a PL academy (and then dropping down to L1 eventually anyway). Although he usually attends development games, Mowbray doesn’t seem to think that our young lads are good enough. Nuttall seems to be in against his own better judgment and Tomlinson has been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons. It looks as though we could be trying to recruit a player to push or replace Nyambe when we have already Lewis Travis.

3 players out of 18. Is that a good return? If Stefan Mols wasn’t injured would he have been on the bench instead of Hart? I doubt it but Mols looks 10 times the player Hart did yesterday. Even on the left! Personally after Antonsson went off injured I’d have sooner pushed Whittingham out wide left and put Tomlinson in the middle. Not sure Mowbray trusts Johnson’s charges.

46 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Amazing isn’t it. Although this could just be agent talk, and it could simply be a bigger club improving their own U23 ranks, we have quality players in our ranks who are being kept away from action by the likes of Harper and Hart, just because they happen to have come from PL stables.

We will struggle to keep hold of our youngsters if a big club comes calling - due to money (to an extent) and pride. What we have to offer is the chance to develop under an excellent U23 management team and a fine team with an attacking ethos but also we need to be showing these lads that they are closer to first team football here than the would be by going to a PL academy (and then dropping down to L1 eventually anyway). Although he usually attends development games, Mowbray doesn’t seem to think that our young lads are good enough. Nuttall seems to be in against his own better judgment and Tomlinson has been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons. It looks as though we could be trying to recruit a player to push or replace Nyambe when we have already Lewis Travis.

3 players out of 18. Is that a good return? If Stefan Mols wasn’t injured would he have been on the bench instead of Hart? I doubt it but Mols looks 10 times the player Hart did yesterday. Even on the left! Personally after Antonsson went off injured I’d have sooner pushed Whittingham out wide left and put Tomlinson in the middle. Not sure Mowbray trusts Johnson’s charges.

Or he is scared that too many make the step up that Venky's may just question his transfer policy?

43 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Hart doesn't look like a footballer. He can hardly run. Maybe he's an amazing full back because he isn't a midfielder. A strange signing, just like Harper.

Hart looked poor against Scunthorpe 

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hart looks like a defender plonked on the left wing because he happens to be left footed.

Surely it would have made more sense to put the much more mobile Williams on the wing and put Hart on at fullback?

He looked like a fish out of water just being on the pitch. If he was from the U23s everyone* would have been in agreement that he was nowhere near ready.

*And by ‘everyone’ I mean 50% of BRFCS posters, obviously. :lol: 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's only got 6 months left on his contract. How much will he cost?

Oztumer also refused a contract extension from Walsall in the summer, so you'd think Walsall will want to get what they can for him in this window, or he'll go for nothing in summer.

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

He looked like a fish out of water just being on the pitch. If he was from the U23s everyone* would have been in agreement that he was nowhere near ready.

*And by ‘everyone’ I mean 50% of BRFCS posters, obviously. :lol: 

Agreed - he looked terrified. Tbh Nuttall and Tomlinson look less scared but still a little out of their depth against experienced pros

Didnt someone on here mention that Fleetwood fans are so frustrated with Devante COle due to how many chances he misses? Father like son then, as Andy Cole was the same especially in his early years. Used to get 10 chances and score one.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Didnt someone on here mention that Fleetwood fans are so frustrated with Devante COle due to how many chances he misses? Father like son then, as Andy Cole was the same especially in his early years. Used to get 10 chances and score one.

Thank god he had one of those days v West Ham. I always had a soft spot for Andy after that game :)

Archived