BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thank god he had one of those days v West Ham. I always had a soft spot for Andy after that game :)

Yeah - haha. Was still lethal though and the fact he even managed to get that many chances, miss so many and still finish as one of the leading scorers in the league each season does say something about him.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah - haha. Was still lethal though and the fact he even managed to get that many chances, miss so many and still finish as one of the leading scorers in the league each season does say something about him.

How good he SHOULD have been :P still loved the guy here though.

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully rubbish, Rosler said about Cole that theyve got an option on his contract so i presume not.

Cole would be third choice and still leave us needing a pacy winger. No thanks.

No thanks to a player who can right and left wing and his main position Striker?

Plus he has scored 10 goals this season. League only

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks to a player who can right and left wing and his main position Striker?

I wouldn't be against the Cole signing if we will also be signing a Chapman pacy out and out winger like Mowbray has been suggesting 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy he didn't make the team for fleetwood at Ewood a few weeks back.  Another one with the right surname who's made it further than he really should have.

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Should spend the main part of our budget on at least 1 winger if not 2, im happy with Dack and Graham with Samuel as back up, need more in behind them to supply them.

Coles career doesnt scream of a player who could move up a division.

A move to Sheff Utd in the summer collapsed at the last minute. Other Championship clubs apparently interested.

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Should spend the main part of our budget on at least 1 winger if not 2, im happy with Dack and Graham with Samuel as back up, need more in behind them to supply them.

Cole has played on the wing as well up front. Abit like Antonsson. 

What happened if Graham and Samuel got injury? Then Nuttall or Antonsson would be main man. So why I prefer another striker in. 

43 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Chaddy he didn't make the team for fleetwood at Ewood a few weeks back.  Another one with the right surname who's made it further than he really should have.

On bench then came on.  10 league goals this season. 

Hardly rubbish is it?

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Didnt someone on here mention that Fleetwood fans are so frustrated with Devante COle due to how many chances he misses? Father like son then, as Andy Cole was the same especially in his early years. Used to get 10 chances and score one.

AC always gets this unfair badge. I’m pretty sure it was Glenn Hoddle that started it.

Third highest goalscorer in the PL era.

38 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

A move to Sheff Utd in the summer collapsed at the last minute. Other Championship clubs apparently interested.

How's that defender the Blades nicked off us doin?  Don't remember his name.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

AC always gets this unfair badge. I’m pretty sure it was Glenn Hoddle that started it.

Third highest goalscorer in the PL era.

Also worth adding that he did not take penalties either. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cole has played on the wing as well up front. Abit like Antonsson. 

What happened if Graham and Samuel got injury? Then Nuttall or Antonsson would be main man. So why I prefer another striker in. 

On bench then came on.  10 league goals this season. 

Hardly rubbish is it?

If 2 players in any position got injured at the same time wed be goosed. In fact Nuttall as 3rd choice is alot stronger than most positions.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

At 22 and relatively cheap, Cole would be a gamble but one I would be very happy to take as long as he isn't prioritised over other players that are needed in areas of weekness

Yeah we particularly need players for the weekend and Tuesdays. None of this European Thursdays bullshit.

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Do u know what? I was beginning to think it was only me who could see this! Dack & Graham work brillantly as a partnership! Yeah, DG might not be as mobile as he once was, but there's only him, dack & Charlie with an ounce of football know how about them!

Anyhow, happy New year one & all. Despite all our differences, we all have one thing in common & that's our love for all things blue & white! All the best to everyone & their loved ones! 

RTID COYB 

I agree Graham and Dack should be left up front as both have look like there is a good partnership forming. They do require service so at least one winger is required. I'm assuming that will be be Bell from Fleetwood rather than Cole as he has played full back, wing back and on the wing for them. Playing Cole there I am guessing would be no different to Antonsson there and would offer little defensively.

Happy New year to one and all. Here to a successful 2018 to you personally and to the great club that is Blackburn Rovers.  

Archived