Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
3 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

What about a cheeky loan bid for Ben Marshall would cover wing and right back not getting much game time this season.

You know until this post I forgot he ever even existed 

36 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

What about a cheeky loan bid for Ben Marshall would cover wing and right back not getting much game time this season.

Did you just not watch his last half a season at Rovers? He didn’t give a shite I couldn’t wait to see the back of him. 

We need to strenghten in every wide position we’re weak as piss at right back, left back, right midfield and left midfield. No pace and not particularly solid either.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Huddersfield bid for Pritchard at Norwich, rumours they will bid for dack if he goes. Just rumours but just mentioning,.

No thanks. 

Why go Norwich? Not going to go up. And has Pritchard even been playing in 10 role for them? 

We dont need to sell anyone. Mowbray has said this

59 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

No thanks. Poor attitude

Expect him to follow Lambert to Sheff Wed if it happens

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks. 

Why go Norwich? Not going to go up. And has Pritchard even been playing in 10 role for them? 

Why would Cairney go Fulham? Rhodes to Middlesbrough? Marshall to Wolves? Duffy to Brighton?

Because the club was keen to get rid of them and trouser the proceeds. £20 million+ there and next to none of it found its way back into the squad.

Surely you've learnt by now that what the player wants and what is best for the club are the last things these owners care about. Its all about what they want so if Norwich or any other Championship/League One club make an offer and they wake up one day and decide they fancy taking it then it won't matter in the slightest what Mowbray thinks or what Norwich's chances are of promotion. The flip side is if they decide to be stubborn for some reason then it more than likely wouldn't happen.

Either way lets not pretend that they haven't got very recent form for cashing in on our crown jewels for their own benefit without consulting the manager, even to sides that finished next to us in the league table.

Next you'll be falling for the old trick of Dack's a bad egg in the dressing room and we've no choice but to get rid for the sake of squad harmony. How many times have we had that gem in recent years?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks. 

No thanks. Poor attitude

Mowbray's an employee. If they say jump he either says " How high " or he leaves.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks. 

No thanks. Poor attitude

Because Norwich are a better team in a better league with better owners and bigger crowds with a better chance of playing in the premiership. Of I take my loyalty to rovers out the equation I know where I would be playing if it was a choice

I agree with you on Marshall. Could see him following Lambert 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are you just making this up as you go along like the Paul Gallagher link or is there any substance to any of these rumours?

Let’s see at the end of the window. 

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Can you not just tell us now if your making it up?

Definately not made up! From a ‘source’ (without trying to sound  ITK!) who has a better record than the likes of Nicko. But certainly can’t gaurentee anything. Equally it would be foolish to start calling out transfers as an admin and keep getting them wrong.

The likes of Gallagher, Mowbray has been chasing for a while. The Liverpool youngster... you’ve got 1/100 chance of pulling it out as a random name and being right, so we will see. 

• Backroom

Marshall does have talent, but he's always been mentally suspect and as a result is very inconsistent. He could boss this league, but would I trust him to have the right attitude to do so for any more than a couple of matches at a time? Nope.

As for Dack, he's been doing well and it's strange that no Championship clubs were in for him in the summer. That said their loss has been our gain, and if we have any ambitions of getting promoted Dack simply has to stay. We'll see if Venky's really are "doing right" by us or whether this summer was just one of a number of false dawns since they arrived. 

17 minutes ago, J*B said:

Definately not made up! From a ‘source’ (without trying to sound  ITK!) who has a better record than the likes of Nicko. But certainly can’t gaurentee anything. Equally it would be foolish to start calling out transfers as an admin and keep getting them wrong.

The likes of Gallagher, Mowbray has been chasing for a while. The Liverpool youngster... you’ve got 1/100 chance of pulling it out as a random name and being right, so we will see. 

Pathetic, I started posting speculation as fact like you are doing I'd be slapped with some more warning points.

Either name your source or don't bother.

13 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Pathetic, I started posting speculation as fact like you are doing I'd be slapped with some more warning points.

Either name your source or don't bother.

I'd rather know if its ok with you of the sources turn out right or wrong I'll know how much stock to give rumours in the future.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why would Cairney go Fulham? Rhodes to Middlesbrough? Marshall to Wolves? Duffy to Brighton?

Because the club was keen to get rid of them and trouser the proceeds. £20 million+ there and next to none of it found its way back into the squad.

Surely you've learnt by now that what the player wants and what is best for the club are the last things these owners care about. Its all about what they want so if Norwich or any other Championship/League One club make an offer and they wake up one day and decide they fancy taking it then it won't matter in the slightest what Mowbray thinks or what Norwich's chances are of promotion. The flip side is if they decide to be stubborn for some reason then it more than likely wouldn't happen.

Either way lets not pretend that they haven't got very recent form for cashing in on our crown jewels for their own benefit without consulting the manager, even to sides that finished next to us in the league table.

Next you'll be falling for the old trick of Dack's a bad egg in the dressing room and we've no choice but to get rid for the sake of squad harmony. How many times have we had that gem in recent years?

Didnt Mowbray keep all the players he wanted? And rejected bids for Mulgrew from Sheff Wed?

I dont them selling Dack at this stage of the season. They back Mowbray just like they did when Bowyer was in charge. 

I said last summer we wouldnt sell any key players and we didnt. 

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Because Norwich are a better team in a better league with better owners and bigger crowds with a better chance of playing in the premiership. Of I take my loyalty to rovers out the equation I know where I would be playing if it was a choice

I agree with you on Marshall. Could see him following Lambert 

Sorry but Norwich arent going up with that manager in charge.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know Sheff Wednesday bid for Mulgrew?

Sky Sports reported that we'd rejected a bid of £100K, rising to £200K. I think Rovers would've put out a corrective statement if that wasn't true.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know Sheff Wednesday bid for Mulgrew?

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

Sky Sports reported that we'd rejected a bid of £100K, rising to £200K. I think Rovers would've put out a corrective statement if that wasn't true.

There you are Phil replied back to you before. 

The info was on twitter, Sky Sports News and Nixon all reported it. 

Archived