BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always suspected Lowe and Rovers had another chapter to run, but I'm surprised if steps are being taken already to bring him back here after just 6 months.

If you listened to Mowbray last summer he was open to the idea of keeping him here and I think he would have done had we been in a position to afford him.

Instead he finally landed a deal with Redknapp at Brum but hasn't featured there, so no surprises if they are keen to get rid and shed some of his wages.

Surprised if Mowbray would be interested to be honest, don't really see what he would bring to the party that we haven't already got. 

Possibly just a Radio Lancashire wind up job.

I think Jason Lowe would be perfect for us. Especially if we get rid of wasters likes Dack and Graham. Didn’t he used to be a club captain somewhere and was in the England U21s a while back? If he’s good enough for Owen Coyle then he’s good enough for me.

With 49 points, we are pretty much safe from relegation at this point anyway.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

While I don’t want him back, stop being a plonker.

He was the common denominator in 7 years of shite & I was delighted that we got rid, I absolutely hated watching that coward play. Why am I being a plonker?

In his interview about Harper going back to West Bromwich Mowbray pretty much said he wasn't good enough and was stifling the progress of our own youngsters. And then we are linked with one of the most talentless players in my time watching Rovers. Sometimes you just couldn't make it up.

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No player who has come back here has ever performed better then the first time around eg Bentley and Santa Cruz.

Colin Hendry. Not that this has anything to do with Lowe!

Sorry, guessing that this has already been pointed out! Did you expect anything else other than to be corrected? :lol:

Magpies fans rate Armstrong high and have big hopes for him. Small and fast youngster, who have already had an successful spell on this league with Coventry (20 goals).

Might be just what we need or at least something different to add to the basket. Might also be a great partner to Danny, like already mentioned here.

I hope we get him.

Archived