BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, jim mk2 said:

........but can they afford him?  Even after 7 years of mismanagement, we're still a relatively wealthy club at this level.

There's also the fact that Jason has been at Rovers since he was nobbut a lad and is probably well liked at Ewood. Hard for some fans to swallow,  but there it is. 

But as I've pointed out in the past, being a great lad about the place on non match days ( if indeed that is how he is perceived) is no reason why he should be in the team.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to proper transfer news

I have tweeted Lee Ryder, the Newcastle United reporter for Newcastle Chronicle newspaper asking for any news on Armstrong move to Blackburn Rovers? 

His response was

Likely to go through unless there's any late hitches. Player was back at NUFC today.

So looks like we have 1 player coming in next week maybe even tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Yes it easy to see why Mowbray would want him back, he's @#/?ing clueless, as are you. I was proven right about Jason Lowe last time (he can't get in Birmingham's squad) and I will be proven right about Jason Lowe this time (if he comes), as I'm proven right about most things related to football - Mowbray will be another.

Well, we'll see. I hope he doesn't come back - for your sake. I'm not sure your insecurities and fragile nature could cope with it. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have tweeted Lee Ryder, the Newcastle United reporter for Newcastle Chronicle newspaper asking for any news on Armstrong move to Blackburn Rovers? 

His response was

Likely to go through unless there's any late hitches. Player was back at NUFC today.

Newcastle fans don't rate him at all. They think he'll never get a game with Toon and needs to move. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His response was

Hope your right pal. Think it would be a great signing. Quite surprised we've got him being honest if true ( in a good way )

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Newcastle fans don't rate him at all. They think he'll never get a game with Toon and needs to move. 

Do they?

Heard few Newcastle fans ringing Talksport asking for Benitez to give Armstrong some game time in 1st team. 

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

probably well liked at Ewood.

I heard from a close mate of Connor Mahoney's that the players had no respect for him as captain last season, so I don't think that's true. The body language from the players on the pitch also tells me that he wasn't liked, I can remember Ben Marshall trying to avoid passing Lowe at all costs in one game a couple of seasons ago & shaking his head every time Lowe lost the ball. If you've ever played the game you'd know that the worst teammate to have is a cowardly one, Lowe is just that.

2 minutes ago, Jim Royle said:

I’m pretty certain biz will great comfort and strength from holding opposite views to your own.

Biz has been on the wrong side of history with the vast majority of things he's ever posted on here, and I take great pleasure in disagreeing with him on the vast majority of things because of that.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

His response was

Nicko won't be too happy you're being unfaithful.......

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

When he played RB last season I spent the entire game once predicting exactly what he was going to do. Get the ball, look forward wearily, realise he couldn't pick a pass out and either hump a hopeless ball down the line or cut back inside and pass it to the centre back. Rinse & repeat. There was 0 variation in his game. Even on the first game of the season vs Norwich they worked him out after 20 minutes and he lost the ball in that area a fair few times in the first half because of it.

He isn't a good player no matter how 'mobile' he is or how 'hard he works'.

You just summed up Nyambe too. I hope he doesn't hang about as long as Lowe did.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at his record for Coventry when he played at league 1 level and played under Mowbray. Scored 20 goals. 

Yes he scored 6 goals for Barnsley in 35 games last season but thats Championship level. We not at that level. 

The Lowe rumour came from Andy Bayes. Havent seen Nixon or Myers confirm this. Have you?

But Armstrong rumour came from local Newcastle based reporters plus back up by Nixon, Myers and Sharpe our interest. Thats 4 sources compare to Lowe rumour one. Alot more solid rumour. Same as the Bell.one that has 4 sources. 

Nixon is not all knowing you know. 

My point is that Graham has been excellent lately, got twice as many goals at the same level as Armstrong last season (in a worse team), so why would Armstrong jump ahead of him in the queue?

Anyway, not interested in who or where, fact of the matter is they are all rumours. Armstrong and Bell would be decent but only AFTER a pacy winger. Lowe would ruin the window. All 3 are rumours at the moment, irrespective as to whether the great Alan Nixon has verified it.

Adam Armstrong - Newcastle Chronicle

From the article:

The Trotters were keen to keep Armstrong, but both the player and Newcastle were not happy with him being shifted out to the left-wing.

If true, surely we won't end the window still paying the wages of Graham, Samuel, Nuttall and Armstrong, and playing only one CF. Either one goes, or the formation changes?

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Are Newcastle fans more discerning that Sheffield Wednesday ones? ;)

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point is that Graham has been excellent lately, got twice as many goals at the same level as Armstrong last season (in a worse team), so why would Armstrong jump ahead of him in the queue?

Anyway, not interested in who or where, fact of the matter is they are all rumours. Armstrong and Bell would be decent but only AFTER a pacy winger. Lowe would ruin the window. All 3 are rumours at the moment, irrespective as to whether the great Alan Nixon has verified it.

Not saying I think Armstrong should start ahead of Graham, I'm a Graham fan but if the rumours of Armstrong are true then he isn't coming here to sit on the bench.He would have his pick of league one club's and 3 0r 4 club's at the lower end of the championship where he would start.It wouldn't make sense for him to come here if he wasn't going to play.

7 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

From the article:

The Trotters were keen to keep Armstrong, but both the player and Newcastle were not happy with him being shifted out to the left-wing.

If true, surely we won't end the window still paying the wages of Graham, Samuel, Nuttall and Armstrong, and playing only one CF. Either one goes, or the formation changes?

Would be a strange one if true then, the potential signing of Bell may suggest that he's thinking of playing a 3-5-2 formation? God help us. I can see something like this:

Raya

Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Lowe Smallwood Bell

Dack

Armstrong Graham

1 hour ago, Butty said:

You were doing so well Chaddy. :( Nixon doesn't know anything about Rovers these days, even Andy Bayes is probably more ITK than that fat Scottish pr@t these days. I still think we should be all over Jon Taylor, pacey tricky winger who is more than capable at this level and still has time to get even better. No brainer for me.

That is excellent news if true given who Nixon's inside mole at ewood was..

Just now, Doaksie said:

From the article:

Don't know anything at all about the lad but not too sure why we're after a player who isn't happy about being played out wide when that is exactly what we need.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Look at my post from Lee Ryder Newcastle local paper. 

Armstrong on his way here. 

Not mention Lowe at all. 

Archived