SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roversfan99 said:

If its a choice of signing him and guaranteeing him to be number 1 striker, I'd rather do without.

A bit of a silly statement Other than Dack and Chapman in glimpses I wouldn't say any of the forward players have particularly pulled up any trees this season.

Samuel started the season strongly but tailed off, Nuttall needs game time and experience but TM seemingly doesn't trust him and your hero Danny Graham has been atrocious up until the last couple of games.

If he's being brought in to play centrally this lad wouldn't have to be that good to be an upgrade on the above.

1 hour ago, Butty said:

You were doing so well Chaddy. :( Nixon doesn't know anything about Rovers these days, even Andy Bayes is probably more ITK than that fat Scottish pr@t these days. I still think we should be all over Jon Taylor, pacey tricky winger who is more than capable at this level and still has time to get even better. No brainer for me.

Ive quoted Lee Ryder about Armstrong coming here. 

Looks very very likely coming here. 

Dont know much about Jon Taylor but thats type of winger we need. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at my post from Lee Ryder Newcastle local paper. 

Armstrong on his way here. 

Not mention Lowe at all. 

Its still, at the moment a rumour just like Bell and Lowe are. You asked if Alan Nixon had verified the rumour which is irrelevant. 

The point was that they are all equally rumours.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would sign him. Goalscorer at this level

I wouldn't mind him, but surely you wouldn't sign him if the only way he would join was for a guaranteed place, which would naturally come ahead of our in form striker who also got twice as many goals last year. I'd only sign him if he was well aware that he'd have to dislodge a bang in form Danny Graham to get a place in the team, and that hed start off on the bench.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its still, at the moment a rumour just like Bell and Lowe are. You asked if Alan Nixon had verified the rumour which is irrelevant. 

I wouldn't mind him, but surely you wouldn't sign him if the only way he would join was for a guaranteed place, which would naturally come ahead of our in form striker who also got twice as many goals last year. I'd only sign him if he was well aware that he'd have to dislodge a bang in form Danny Graham to get a place in the team, and that hed start off on the bench.

Bang in form? He's had one good game all season and seemingly can't make it beyond the 65 min mark.

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Back to proper transfer news

I have tweeted Lee Ryder, the Newcastle United reporter for Newcastle Chronicle newspaper asking for any news on Armstrong move to Blackburn Rovers? 

His response was

Likely to go through unless there's any late hitches. Player was back at NUFC today.

So looks like we have 1 player coming in next week maybe even tomorrow. 

Good to see somebody talking about a footballer instead of Jason Lowe.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Feeney gone back to Cardiff on loan: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/january/feeney-heads-back-to-cardiff/

That's him done with us as his contract is up this summer.

Winger to come in now then Tony, please.

Strange one this one , he is off to play for a team fighting for promotion to the premier league but allot don't rate him good enough for a league one promotion fight.

1 minute ago, had.e.nuff said:

Strange one this one , he is off to play for a team fighting for promotion to the premier league but allot don't rate him good enough for a league one promotion fight.

Does he actually play ???

Personally he is useless ...

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Bang in form? He's had one good game all season and seemingly can't make it beyond the 65 min mark.

5 goals recently and his general play has been really good, hold up, work rate, much better than Samuel.

Maybe Armstrong could be the man to replace him but Graham doesnt deserve to lose his place.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Would be a strange one if true then, the potential signing of Bell may suggest that he's thinking of playing a 3-5-2 formation? God help us. I can see something like this:

Raya

Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Lowe Smallwood Bell

Dack

Armstrong Graham

That team looks weaker than the current line up

22 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Does he actually play ???

Personally he is useless ...

Not sure if he plays for Cardiff but judging from their fans reaction on twitter to the news he was staying for the season, It can be very safe too say he's not gone down well down there :lol: 

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The Geordie Romario.

A two-footed pocket rocket.

That’s what I mean, the new Villanueva.

Rhodes-esque finishing, tricky and a bit nippy. We must move heaven and earth to get him here on a 5 year deal at 20k a week. I’m off down the tattooists now.

Well glad we’re in for the right kind of players even if we didn’t get one that time. 

My friends who support Bolton tell me he’s rapid Armstrong and he’s scored goals at this level. We’ll get him first then worry about where he fits in and who’s places he does/doesn’t take. For all we know Dack plays him a load of through balls we get on the end of with his pace and it’s a genius signing.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From nixon

Blackburn Rovers. The second mystery bid was for Bodin. Went to Preston instead.

Pulling names out of the air. Feeney out now, his wages don’t represent value at this level. Expect a couple in this time next week. I don’t think Lowe is on the cards just yet. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lee Ryder has confirmed he coming here. Ive given you 4 sources that confirm hes a target and 1 says he coming here. Thats story from Newcastle side. 

No player has guarantee right to play. But Graham bang in form. Really? Been poor in most games and has 2 good games and now bang in form. Dack and Mulgrew are bang in form. Why Graham starting playing well? Looking for a transfer?

Archived