BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this transfer window is massive for us as we have worked hard to get into this position.

would like to see these players here

1 jason lowe, would be great at putting the miles in. Thats why morsy at wigan is great. Lowe can be equally great for us. Alongside richie .

2 amari bell seen him play a few times would be good if we play 3 centrebacks, but even so a good player

3 adam armstrong nippy and good finisher

4 we should try and get leko from wba on loan, absolutely fantastic skills, my mate played against him said he couldn't read him he said it was one of his most difficult opponents. Tony should really go for him, he needs some regular football so lets see if we can get him ! he could rip this league up.

5 leonard at southend his contract is up in the summer, but going to sheff united

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bodin cost Preston 500,000. If true,would suggest we have a few pound. 

Watch now our fans who complain we aren't linked with anyone good in the media,will say this doesn't prove we have money as the link probably isn't true. Some always have a negative slant on every link :)

Doesn’t mean we offered £500,000 though! 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lee Ryder has confirmed he coming here. Ive given you 4 sources that confirm hes a target and 1 says he coming here. Thats story from Newcastle side. 

No player has guarantee right to play. But Graham bang in form. Really? Been poor in most games and has 2 good games and now bamg in form. Dack and Mulgrew are bang in form. Why Graham starting playing well? Looking for a transfer?

I remember you banging on about DG when Rhodes was sold.................WTF

1 minute ago, blackburnforever said:

this transfer window is massive for us as we have worked hard to get into this position.

1 jason lowe, would be great at putting the miles in. Thats why morsy at wigan is great. Lowe can be equally great for us. 

How's the invisible dog Steve?

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Would be a strange one if true then, the potential signing of Bell may suggest that he's thinking of playing a 3-5-2 formation? God help us. I can see something like this:

Raya

Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Lowe Smallwood Bell

Dack

Armstrong Graham

Swap Williams for lenihan, Bennett for Lowe and bring Chapman back... Boom. Great line up. Even tomlinson or lenihan instead of Lowe and that's a team easily capable of automatic promotion.

18 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

1 jason lowe, would be great at putting the miles in. Thats why morsy at wigan is great. Lowe can be equally great for us. Alongside richie .

2 amari bell seen him play a few times would be good if we play 3 centrebacks, but even so a good player

4 we should try and get leko from wba on loan, absolutely fantastic skills, my mate played against him said he couldn't read him he said it was one of his most difficult opponents. Tony should really go for him, he needs some regular football so lets see if we can get him ! he could rip this league up.

5 leonard at southend his contract is up in the summer, but going to sheff united

Seen leko a fair bit and he's stand out brilliant at u23 level and I believe would tear this league up . He's been recalled to wba with views of using him on the first team so I wouldn't pin your hopes on him coming here

Is it the case that if Chaddy and Rev say something often enough it becomes true? 

Both of them are claiming Danny Graham has had an awful season save for the last one or two games. I'd agree that he didn't start the season well but he has been easily our best striker now for several weeks. He came off the bench against Bristol Rovers and changed the game. He scored 5 goals in December (out of 11 in the games he played). He's the only forward who has any skill in holding the ball up. If he leaves who is going to do that job, because Samuel and Nuttall can't.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Convenient. Pity he didn't know the name til after the deal. 

How much did Preston pay does anyone know?

Absolute classic Nixon I really don't know why some still swallow his guff.

Just now, only2garners said:

Is it the case that if Chaddy and Rev say something often enough it becomes true? 

Both of them are claiming Danny Graham has had an awful season save for the last one or two games. I'd agree that he didn't start the season well but he has been easily our best striker now for several weeks. He came off the bench against Bristol Rovers and changed the game. He scored 5 goals in December (out of 11 in the games he played). He's the only forward who has any skill in holding the ball up. If he leaves who is going to do that job, because Samuel and Nuttall can't.

Come off it John, of those 5 goals two were against League 2 Crewe in rhe Cup and one against Charlton was set up on a plate for him by Nuttall. Honestly, one good game against Scunthorpe and all the dross before it is forgiven and forgotten it seems.

Its also highly debatable whether one "hold up man" is the way forward in any event imo.

37 minutes ago, blackburnforever said:

Mo Farah puts the miles in and I believe he can play football, maybe we should sign him.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come off it John, of those 5 goals two were against League 2 Crewe in rhe Cup and one against Charlton was set up on a plate for him by Nuttall. Honestly, one good game against Scunthorpe and all the dross before it is forgiven and forgotten it seems.

Its also highly debatable whether one "hold up man" is the way forward in any event imo.

What about the good games at Northampton and Rotherham? We might not have won them but it certainly wasn't Graham's fault.

I didn't say we should be playing with one hold up man, just that Graham is currently the only one we have who can do that. Whatever system you play you need someone who can win the ball and lay it off. You can't seriously be suggesting that Samuel or Nuttall can do that in any way effectively?

Just now, only2garners said:

What about the good games at Northampton and Rotherham? We might not have won them but it certainly wasn't Graham's fault.

I didn't say we should be playing with one hold up man, just that Graham is currently the only one we have who can do that. Whatever system you play you need someone who can win the ball and lay it off. You can't seriously be suggesting that Samuel or Nuttall can do that in any way effectively?

How many top teams these days employ a striker of the type you mention? The only one I can think of is Lukaku and whilst he bags his fair share of goals i wouldnt say that aspect of his game is very good. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Pulling names out of the air.

Bodin said there were other bids in for him.  Sharpe mentioned his name in the LT and he would have got it from Rovers..

Talking of pulling names out of the air, how are the deals for Gally and that Liverpool winger getting on?

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If chances are made for him he'll put them away. If he's left isolated chasing balls into the corners or fighting off 3 CH's he won't look too great. Nobody would.

Easily the best striker we've got IF we play to his strengths and get the ball to him in the box.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If chances are made for him he'll put them away. If he's left isolated chasing balls into the corners or fighting off 3 CH's he won't look too great. Nobody would.

Easily the best striker we've got IF we play to his strengths and get the ball to him in the box.

Lol. If only that bar could be lowered far enough to include Rhodes!

Just now, Stuart said:

Lol. If only that bar could be lowered far enough to include Rhodes!

Graham is a far better footballer than Rhodes. Due to his advancing years, however, he has become about as mobile as Rhodes was/is in his pomp.  

Both excellent finishers if provided with the right service.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Possibly at the moment he is but i do think Armstrong would be a cracking signing at this level and will score a hatfull given the chance.

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Graham is a far better footballer than Rhodes. Due to his advancing years, however, he has become about as mobile as Rhodes was/is in his pomp.  

Both excellent finishers if provided with the right service.

Harsh.

Archived