BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Aye let's not count ones to prove your theory incorrect! Even young Souttar is at Stoke ?

Celtic are head and shoulders above anything in the Scottish league.But that doesn't make the Spl a good league.Like I said your favourite team rangers at the very best would be fighting a relegation battle in the Championship 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Andy Robertson

Yeah there will be a few players I never said there wouldn't be.But Dunnfc reckons we shouldn't be signing any league one player yet keeps recommending players from the Scottish league when the two leagues are as poor as each other

Just now, islander200 said:

Celtic are head and shoulders above anything in the Scottish league.But that doesn't make the Spl a good league.Like I said your favourite team rangers at the very best would be fighting a relegation battle in the Championship 

Aye Windass and Tavernier subject to bids from PNE 500k each. 

Forest 500k over Foderingham and McRorie a 10 million star in the making,.

Hows McKay at Forest, Paterson at Cardiff, Garner&Waghorn at Ipswich, Janck at st etienne or nay e Bailly at Liege? Nuttall who you revere couldn't get a game at Steniehousemuir ?

Yeah there will be a few players I never said there wouldn't be.But Dunnfc reckons we shouldn't be signing any league one player yet keeps recommending players from the Scottish league when the two leagues are as poor as each other

Aye 2 in moult and McLean. Moult since to PNE and McLeAn subject of PNE and capped by Scotland. Meanwhile chuffing lager supping Jason the daddy Lowe is linked ?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Only 2 but as your switched on fella perhaps you could name this list of players? 

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Hows McKay at Forest, Paterson at Cardiff, Garner&Waghorn at Ipswich, Janck at st etienne or nay e Bailly at Liege? Nuttall who you revere couldn't get a game at Steniehousemuir ?

Just because they where subject of bids doesn't mean they will succeed down here.

I asked you for Players who made it over here. With the exception of Mckay who is a tidy little player and possibly Paterson the others are nothing to shout out about.I remember Taverneir playing over here and looked hopeless SPL making him look like a world beater 

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Only 2 but as your switched on fella perhaps you could name this list of players? 

Two players from league 1 that can step up?Bodin will be a success in the Championship.That Marriot supposedly played a blinder today can see championship clubs paying a decent fee for him.Our very own Bradley Dack. There are others. I never said the Scottish league doesn't have talented players but it's a crap league.My argument with you is that you said Rovers shouldn't sign anyone from league 1 when you keep on suggesting player's from an equally as poor league 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Just because they where subject of bids doesn't mean they will succeed down here.

I asked you for Players who made it over here. With the exception of Mckay who is a tidy little player and possibly Paterson the others are nothing to shout out about.I remember Taverneir playing over here and looked hopeless SPL making him look like a world beater 

? no you didn't ask me you innuended beanie with that! Gosh no Celtic and now no players who've gone to the PL given your taking 24% in Aberdeen Celtic and The Rangers out the equation only fair to take the top 4 of the PL out any equation. Look we didn't have Harry Kane in 90+3 minutes scoring for a 2-2.

knock the spl what it lacks in technique, it makes up for in men and having a proper game. 

Two players from league 1 that can step up?Bodin will be a success in the Championship.That Marriot supposedly played a blinder today can see championship clubs paying a decent fee for him.Our very own Bradley Dack. There are others. I never said the Scottish league doesn't have talented players but it's a crap league.My argument with you is that you said Rovers shouldn't sign anyone from league 1 when you keep on suggesting player's from an equally as poor league 

Marriott looks good, millwall majorly sniffing 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

? no you didn't ask me you innuended beanie with that! Gosh no Celtic and now no players who've gone to the PL given your taking 24% in Aberdeen Celtic and The Rangers out the equation only fair to take the top 4 of the PL out any equation. Look we didn't have Harry Kane in 90+3 minutes scoring for a 2-2.

knock the spl what it lacks in technique, it makes up for in men and having a proper game. 

When did I say no players who had gone to the premier league?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

cant remember name but that's who it is, fine. any good? 

Maybe Bell wants out of Fleetwood to come here. wouldn't be the 1st player to play poor to get a move. 

SPL level is league 2 at best. they are some good players there but the standard is rubbish on the whole. guess we agree to disagree on this. 

do you know owt about Grant?

really?

Travis would be a good shout in centre midfield slot. 

left Bolton cos he didn't want to play wider

Well maybe its become more serious after another scan. 

I know Armstrong wants to be the central striker. That's why he coming here. 

Chaddy, Armstrong is 5' 8" tall. He won't be playing on his own up front in this league like Graham and Samuel have to do. That's not his game, if we play him in that role he'll hardly see the ball. Like I said earlier, he'll play in a similar role to the one Antonnson has been playing.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy, Armstrong is 5' 8" tall. He won't be playing on his own up front in this league like Graham and Samuel have to do. That's not his game, if we play him in that role he'll hardly see the ball. Like I said earlier, he'll play in a similar role to the one Antonnson has been playing.

He won't be playing we've got better in sammy and Graham, he's useful in midweek. A player who's league one for the rest of his career 

31 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Lenihan was subject to a £2m bid from Sheff Utd but I thought you don't rate him?

54 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Your better than this so we will discount the aforementioned as it's doesn't suit your argument ?

Rovers record signing is Barry Ferguson from Rangers. Take away Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen so to prove your point your left with minus 3/12 =74% about 9 teams point well proven @Butty let's take Wigan and Shrewsbury out this league while yourat it!

We paid more for Cole and Rhodes than we did Ferguson ;) Don't get too picky, Rangers and Aberdeen would struggle to stay up in the Championship and the rest other than Celtic are league 1/2 level for me so to call the SPL a step up from league one or whatever you said just isn't true for me! We'll have to agree to disagree my mate. 

37 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

McCrorie did look decent last time i watched Rangers tbf bit early to say 10m tho. His brother is on loan for my local side looks half decent aswell.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He'll be an improvement on Antonnson.

Well he's out 3 months so I'd hope so ?

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

Lenihan was subject to a £2m bid from Sheff Utd but I thought you don't rate him?

Who reported that? Only bid we had was 600k? Wilder and McCabe don't spend unless they get value. They got Henehgam 350k a better player.

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

We paid more for Cole and Rhodes than we did Ferguson ;) Don't get too picky, Rangers and Aberdeen would struggle to stay up in the Championship and the rest other than Celtic are league 1/2 level for me so to call the SPL a step up from league one or whatever you said just isn't true for me! We'll have to agree to disagree my mate. 

Cole was never 8 million. 2+2+ never getting anymore. Rhodes 2.5 each year on drip, only stopped paying year end of 2016 for him, we paid 4 million on ferguson and more and waived the rest in for him going home about 3.5 million.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

McCrorie did look decent last time i watched Rangers tbf bit early to say 10m tho. His brother is on loan for my local side looks half decent aswell.

Him Kieran Tierney and Harry Cochrane, stars of the future

W

15 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

He won't be playing we've got better in sammy and Graham, he's useful in midweek. A player who's league one for the rest of his career 

We have had a quick player of similar height off Newcastle in the past who didn't play too badly as a lone striker.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Him Kieran Tierney and Harry Cochrane, stars of the future

They all do look like they could be decent players not seen enough of Cochrane or McCrorie thats the way scottish clubs should be going bringing through youth players far to many terrible d list foreign players for years in the spl.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

They all do look like they could be decent players not seen enough of Cochrane or McCrorie thats the way scottish clubs should be going bringing through youth players far to many terrible d list foreign players for years in the spl.

Quite agree and English football is making the same mistakes 

7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Who reported that? Only bid we had was 600k? Wilder and McCabe don't spend unless they get value. They got Henehgam 350k a better player.

I thought it was more than £600k but the point remains the same, you can't rate one player on how much someone bid for them then say another player is crap when a club bid even more for them.

Archived