SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Armstrong coming here isn't a rumoured target, the deal has been agreed and set to sign here. how many more times do we need go through the same thing? 

Every player has to performed and no-one has the right to walk into our team not even Mulgrew or Dack. 

You take rumours which ever way you want but some posters posted good info, take to trust it

Pace is good but if they sit deep then that will stop pace being effective. I'm not sure how I would go in this game at the minute cos it depend who is available fitness wise and signing wise. Wouldn't surprise me if Samuel played wide right with Bennett and Smallwood in centre midfield if Whittingham and Evans aren't fit.

Mowbray and Rigg have only recently put our new scouting network into place and this will take time to find new signings. cant expect miracles in weeks can you? 

You suggest some players and I think no way would I sign them here

So Mike Rigg is now overhauling the recruitment side of the club? Last I heard he was working as a consultant focusing on the academy and youth team.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So Mike Rigg is now overhauling the recruitment side of the club? Last I heard he was working as a consultant focusing on the academy and youth team.

Nicko originally said it was a “technical director” role but I remember this being mentioned at the meeting by Cheston.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15579617.LIVE__Blackburn_Rovers_supporters_consultation_meeting/

MC says Mike Rigg has started a role at the club in which he will oversee the scouting system within the Academy.”

34 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

Jesus you ask people to name some suggestions and you gun them down.. What permanent signings would you look..please name them for me would you 

Nothing with Dunnfc suggestions but I would look.to sign them permanent not loan them. 

I suggestion signing Armstrong in the summer.

For centre midfield Ive suggestion Nolan from Shrewsbury. Jack Payne who been on loan At Oxford

Winger options. Pilkington from Cardiff, Morris from Scunthorpe, Gwoin Edwards from Peterbrough, Carey from Plymouth, Jon Taylor from Rotherham, Joe Newell from Rotherham. 

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mowbray on scouting improvements

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15680956.tony-mowbray-looking-to-overhaul-rovers-scouting-and-recruitment-departments-and-awaits-the-green-light-from-venkys/

I believe Mike Rigg has helped with this as Im sure Mowbray mention this during the Supporters meeting before focusing on Youth set up here

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on scouting improvements

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15680956.tony-mowbray-looking-to-overhaul-rovers-scouting-and-recruitment-departments-and-awaits-the-green-light-from-venkys/

I believe Mike Rigg has helped with this as Im sure Mowbray mention this during the Supporters meeting before focusing on Youth set up here

I read that article when it came out, any Green Light yet?

Well it's a step up from the 'friends and neighbours' plus 'dart at a board' approach.

Visual aid scouts, yeah ok.

Will bookmark to review in the Summer to see how our plans for world domination via battery hen scouting has progressed.

It's one thing making occasional suggestions coming from knowledge of the players, like Dunnfc does and others but it is pointless the just keep throwing out names all the time and asking others to do the same.  There's bound to be a lot of speculation on here and that's how it should be but sometimes it seems like Chaddy just throws as much mud at the wall as he can so later he can say look that stuck!

5 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

It's one thing making occasional suggestions coming from knowledge of the players, like Dunnfc does and others but it is pointless the just keep throwing out names all the time and asking others to do the same.  There's bound to be a lot of speculation on here and that's how it should be but sometimes it seems like Chaddy just throws as much mud at the wall as he can so later he can say look that stuck!

yes he is quick to mention he suggested Armstrong and just as quick to dismiss other people's suggestions!

also it's not Dunnfc's job to know who is available. It is TM and any scouting team's.

As for suggesting Samuel as a winger... Not sure the lad can cross or do the defensive work of a wide player. Not Chaddy's most convincing argument of being a football genius.

5 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

The Nixon approach. 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think he could be a good option. But his record this year and last, albeit in the league above certainly dont give him the right to come here expecting us to either put him straight in as number 9 or change the successful formation we currently have. 

He was played out of position and was not a striker, at a struggling Bolton so I would not really look too much at his goal record there.

besides, we know he can score goals at this level and for a loan signing, thats what we need.

Winger please...I keep getting this awful feeling that TM is about to start tinkering with formations again. Didnt somebody mention that fans from his previous clubs said that he does well for the first half of the season but then the second half he does awful? Changing formations would be madness at this stage. Strengthen what we have been doing semi-well at.

Formations and playing styles should be worked on preseason.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

yes he is quick to mention he suggested Armstrong and just as quick to dismiss other people's suggestions!

also it's not Dunnfc's job to know who is available. It is TM and any scouting team's.

As for suggesting Samuel as a winger... Not sure the lad can cross or do the defensive work of a wide player. Not Chaddy's most convincing argument of being a football genius.

Ive mention Armstrong name for the past 18 months and again in the summer

Dunnfc does have some good suggestions. 

I put Samuel on the wing cos Not sure if Either Whittingham or Evans will be fit and Tomlinson hasnt look good in past couple of games. So I suggestion Bennett and Smallwood in centre midfield with Samuel and Conway wide. Hopefully we sign a winger this week but it would be harsh on him starting him with not training much with other players and little tactical knowledge of how we play. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive mention Armstrong name for the past 18 months and again in the summer

Dunnfc does have some good suggestions. 

I put Samuel on the wing cos Not sure if Either Whittingham or Evans will be fit and Tomlinson hasnt look good in past couple of games. So I suggestion Bennett and Smallwood in centre midfield with Samuel and Conway wide. Hopefully we sign a winger this week but it would be harsh on him starting him with not training much with other players and little tactical knowledge of how we play. 

But you throw out so many names that you are bound to hit eventually. Then when a signing does happen you jump all over it saying - i mentioned him once in 2016. What does it matter whether you mentioned anyone? Why do you have to keep telling people that you mentioned somebody?

Just now, JacknOry said:

But you throw out so many names that you are bound to hit eventually. Then when a signing does happen you jump all over it saying - i mentioned him once in 2016. What does it matter whether you mentioned anyone? Why do you have to keep telling people that you mentioned somebody?

Ive mention lots of names cos this is transfer thread. If you dont want to mention any names dont then but I will. Other posters do but notice you dont mention those posters. Wonder why? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive mention lots of names cos this is transfer thread. If you dont want to mention any names dont then but I will. Other posters do but notice you dont mention those posters. Wonder why? 

i have mentioned plenty of names but I dont have to keep harping on about it when one finally signs. In nearly every post you keep saying 'i mentioned Armstrong before', 'i mentioned armstrong for past 6 months (which you didnt as i would know - once or twice maybe but not for 16 months). Does it make you feel good to keep saying you mentioned him? You have mentioned 100's of players - you are bound to get one in the end.

And about other posters - I dont mention them because they dont keep yelling to the world that they mentioned players.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I like every player in League 1 and the Championship. And League 2. I would recommend them all.

I'd like that on record.

me too - and the Scottish SPL just to appease Dunnfc :)

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said we need a quality striker to have as back up for Dack though. I am confused. 

Maybe I should have said quality forward player.

Who's this Armstrong ? as for Samuel and Nuttall both don't seem to be smart enough or cute enough like Graham and Dack from what I've seen so far. Can't say I'm confident about their future here like Rankin Costello need to do a lot, lot more on the pitch as all they seem to be doing is occupying time here with little to show for this time.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

i have mentioned plenty of names but I dont have to keep harping on about it when one finally signs. In nearly every post you keep saying 'i mentioned Armstrong before', 'i mentioned armstrong for past 6 months (which you didnt as i would know - once or twice maybe but not for 16 months). Does it make you feel good to keep saying you mentioned him? You have mentioned 100's of players - you are bound to get one in the end.

And about other posters - I dont mention them because they dont keep yelling to the world that they mentioned players.

Mention Armstrong name when Coyle was here in the summer. Then this past summer with Mowbray. 

Make me feel good? I feel good when we win games and hopefully this summer when we get promoted..

In the summer, some of players we signed I didnt know alot about like players like Smallwood, Chapman, Harper, Hart, Downing, Luetwiler, Antonsson but gave them a proper chance to impressed and some have and some havent. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mention Armstrong name when Coyle was here in the summer. Then this past summer with Mowbray. 

Make me feel good? I feel good when we win games and hopefully this summer when we get promoted..

In the summer, some of players we signed I didnt know alot about like players like Smallwood, Chapman, Harper, Hart, Downing, Luetwiler, Antonsson but gave them a proper chance to impressed and some have and some havent. 

So that doesnt exactly mean you have been mentioning him for 18 months - it backs up what i said that you might have mentioned him once or twice. If it doesnt make you feel good - why do you have to keep saying that you mentioned him? Like i said, you mention tons of players and most do not happen - you don't mention that!

39 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I like every player in League 1 and the Championship. And League 2. I would recommend them all.

I'd like that on record.

Nicko returns.

Archived