SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The talk of Lowe coming in has gone quiet like other posters suggested hopefully just Bayes putting 2+2 together. Anyway hasn't Lowe been injured the majority of the season and has hardly played.He definitely wouldn't be match fit if he was to come in

Lets hope it stays quiet... forever. Dont want him back. Would be the dullest signing ever.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Different ways the money men could look at it.

On the one hand if a Championship club came in with £2 million+ now they might decide that the profit there for 6 months 'development' is too much to turn down - tripling or even more their investment in the summer not bad going.

The alternative is that they take a longer term view - if we go up and Dack performs in the Championship then it might get one or two of the bigger boys interested and add additional value to him once he's proven at the level above.

My guess (totally uninformed) is that if Norwich we’re going for league 1 players, Marriott and the other bloke from Peterborough would be higher on the list than Bradley Dack.  

1 minute ago, Glosrover said:

My guess (totally uninformed) is that if Norwich we’re going for league 1 players, Marriott and the other bloke from Peterborough would be higher on the list than Bradley Dack.  

Well Peterbrough did turned down 4 million pounds for Marriott from a championship. 

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Why can't we go:

------------------------Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

--------------------Smallwood

----Bennett----------------------Conway

------------------------Dack

--------------Graham----Armstrong

I'd like us to play that as plan B if we need to go to up front if we practice it enough in training rather than the at times shapeless gung-ho approach  TM occasionally goes for.

3 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Whats happening on the Bell front the local Blackpool paper say Cardiff have dropped their interest in him but Fleetwood are prepared to sell for the right price?

Doubt Bell or Fleetwood would want a move until after the replay , from his point of view the chance to play at a PL ground would be tempting but also a good performance in that game would possibly open the door to a championship club, where he and Fleetwood potentially get more money 

Whatever happened to the LT getting scoops on transfer stories and building excitement? We don’t even hear rumours anymore from them. Hell, we’re lucky if they actually pick up on the done deals nowadays haha.

35 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

quick twitter search and you can see it's fake..came from an account called talkofewood  they tagged Nicko in it and he told them to take him off it or he's blocking them 

TalkOfEwood is the worst account for Rovers on Twitter. The kid running it wanted us to get Lowe back and posts constant drivel 24/7. I blocked it a long time ago because I was sick of seeing it on my timeline. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sell Dack for 2 million? Are you having a laugh when Norwich are selling Pritchard 11 million pounds? He aint worth half that money. Just more overpriced by clubs. 

Simple Dack isnt for sale. Just like Mulgrew isnt

Heard all this before. Either you've got amnesia or you genuinely believe they have changed for the better.

Cairney wasn't worth the £3 million they sold him for. I'm sure they didn't value Gestede at £6 million. Guess what - both were abruptly sold and the money not reinvested.

There's a difference between a player not being for sale and Venkys not snatching the cash if its dangled under their noses.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Heard all this before. Either you've got amnesia or you genuinely believe they have changed for the better.

Cairney wasn't worth the £3 million they sold him for. I'm sure they didn't value Gestede at £6 million. Guess what - both were abruptly sold and the money not reinvested.

There's a difference between a player not being for sale and Venkys not snatching the cash if its dangled under their noses.

No I believe Mowbray when he says no player will be sold unless he wants them to leave. Like in the summer when some people said Graham, Bennett, Mulgrew and Lenihan would go. All still here

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I believe Mowbray when he says no player will be sold unless he wants them to leave. Like in the summer when some people said Graham, Bennett, Mulgrew and Lenihan would go. All still 

You ok there chaddy? Did you fall asleep mid sentence?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I believe Mowbray when he says no player will be sold unless he wants them to leave. Like in the summer when some people said Graham, Bennett, Mulgrew and Lenihan would go. All still 

If we get a big enough offer they are GONE. No matter how much Tony stamps.

53 minutes ago, toogs said:

You ok there chaddy? Did you fall asleep mid sentence?

Im ok thanks. Busy night at work but Rovers comes 1st. 

Mowbray still after left back, Winger possible centre midfielder 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15823196.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_still_on_the_look_out_for__players_with_a_bit_of_something_different_and_creativity_/

9 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

quick twitter search and you can see it's fake..came from an account called talkofewood  they tagged Nicko in it and he told them to take him off it or he's blocking them 

Nicko probably concerned he gets more correct hits from the random transfer generator machine  :)

Archived