Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Bell starts for Fleetwood, not sure those 'fee agreed' rumours are true 

I didn't rate him last week and views seem mixed whether he can step up at championship level. I'd rather have Williams over him tbf then revisit in the summer, we will be more attractive to higher calibre players then and six months to scout better.

would have liked to have seen Mitchell but he's joined hearts from Utd, hoping Doyle will get a go.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Al said:

No he isn't. He isn't good at anything.

If you could find a better full back performance in this league today I'd be amazed. Nyambe was brilliant 

• Backroom

From Andy Bayes

Tony Mowbray says potential new signings have moved forward in the last couple of days. Hopeful of news early next week. #rovers @BBCLancsSport

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He had a brain transplant?

Can you not just give credit for an excellent performance?

In recent weeks his performances have got better and today he was excellent.Surely as a Rovers fan you want to be proved wrong in your opinion of Nyambe?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Can you not just give credit for an excellent performance?

In recent weeks his performances have got better and today he was excellent.Surely as a Rovers fan you want to be proved wrong in your opinion of Nyambe?

He is like a few others on here. Quick to criticise ,slow to praise. 

In fact,it appears to me,some prefer complaining. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He had a brain transplant?

I think Nyambe has been very good recently even before today. Not the finished article yet but real potential there. Similar thing happened witb Raya, he received all manner of criticism when he came into the side and I think he has the talent to go all the way as well.

It's like I said the other day, if a youngster comes in and doesn't play like Messi or Ronaldo instantly people tend to write them off straight away as not beinggood enough whereas some older players seem to be able to get away month after month because they're experienced.

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think Nyambe has been very good recently even before today. Not the finished article yet but real potential there. Similar thing happened witb Raya, he received all manner of criticism when he came into the side and I think he has the talent to go all the way as well.

It's like I said the other day, if a youngster comes in and doesn't play like Messi or Ronaldo instantly people tend to write them off straight away as not beinggood enough whereas some older players seem to be able to get away month after month because they're experienced.

It is amazing looking prior to the match at the criticism of Nyambe. I am far from convinced he is actually a footballer - but the last few matches he has played with a confidence and drive I hadn't seen in him before. Prior to relegation I thought he needed a season in League 1 to build up his confidence - and was really disappointed early season - but has since picked up drastically. Having said that - he still makes me extremely nervous when he is defending - even though he has recently been cutting out the mistakes.

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I didn't rate him last week and views seem mixed whether he can step up at championship level. I'd rather have Williams over him tbf then revisit in the summer, we will be more attractive to higher calibre players then and six months to scout better.

would have liked to have seen Mitchell but he's joined hearts from Utd, hoping Doyle will get a go.

I’ve heard a lot of people say this having seen him on the TV against a PL side. He has to be good enough to provide cover for Williams, and even push him, surely...

1 hour ago, Tom said:

If you could find a better full back performance in this league today I'd be amazed. Nyambe was brilliant 

Humble pie here. Nyambe had the best game I've seen him play today. There is hope for him yet!

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Al said:

Humble pie here. Nyambe had the best game I've seen him play today. There is hope for him yet!

He has the attributes he just needs the confidence

2 hours ago, Tom said:

From Andy Bayes

Tony Mowbray says potential new signings have moved forward in the last couple of days. Hopeful of news early next week. #rovers @BBCLancsSport

Word is from the horses mouth so to speak it is Bell from Fleetwood and a center midfielder for Rochdale that Mowbray has been after  since he arrived  sorry i have forgot the name to many pints, but to be announced on Monday already signed.

Archived