BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I 've always liked Camps but he's been really poor this season for Rochdale. I don't think their fans would be too sorry to see him go at the moment. In August they would have been gutted. When I've seen him play he's neat and tidy on the ball and very rarely loses possession but he's not very ambitious with his passing. Having said that I thought they were playing him too deep. You don't hurt teams from the centre circle very often.

Maybe he has gone a little bit stale at Rochdale and needs a move.

Dack seemed to have gone that way at Gillingham if you compare his stats from last season to the season before

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I 've always liked Camps but he's been really poor this season for Rochdale. I don't think their fans would be too sorry to see him go at the moment. In August they would have been gutted. When I've seen him play he's neat and tidy on the ball and very rarely loses possession but he's not very ambitious with his passing. Having said that I thought they were playing him too deep. You don't hurt teams from the centre circle very often.

At Ewood recently he was a lot better than Evans so a step up there!  Although after Bennett's  performance, I'd rather any money spent on a good winger. 

I would love to see what Rover's would look like playing Dack, Chapman and Armstrong as a 3 behind Graham.  Imagine having to defend against that. You would think that would be good enough to compete at Championship level. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think Nyambe has been very good recently even before today. Not the finished article yet but real potential there. Similar thing happened witb Raya, he received all manner of criticism when he came into the side and I think he has the talent to go all the way as well.

It's like I said the other day, if a youngster comes in and doesn't play like Messi or Ronaldo instantly people tend to write them off straight away as not beinggood enough whereas some older players seem to be able to get away month after month because they're experienced.

How did Bennett do today Rev? Suited to that role IMO

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

At Ewood recently he was a lot better than Evans so a step up there!  Although after Bennett's  performance, I'd rather any money spent on a good winger. 

I would love to see what Rover's would look like playing Dack, Chapman and Armstrong as a 3 behind Graham.  Imagine having to defend against that. You would think that would be good enough to compete at Championship level. 

I'd love to see that. It won't happen as theres no way Chapman and Armstrong will be here next season.

Also another thing i know won't happen as he will be back out wide next week, but for me Bennett has to stay in that central position. Ive not seen the centre of a Rovers midfield have that sort of energy and drive for years.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I'd love to see that. It won't happen as theres no way Chapman and Armstrong will be here next season.

Also another thing i know won't happen as he will be back out wide next week, but for me Bennett has to stay in that central position. Ive not seen the centre of a Rovers midfield have that sort of energy and drive for years.

Whatever about Chapman I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that Armstrong could be here next season if he does well and we get promoted.I don't see Rafa bringing him into the first team picture at Newcastle.If that Staveley consortium takes over from Ashley then Newcastle will have a healthy budget next season

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd agree he should be an improvement on Evans.

Happy if its Camps bit of dynasicm in the centre. Reminds of a LL Steve Sidwell type. Leeds and Burnley tracked in the summer so right player to make the climb next year.

rather we took Bell on a free at end of year, doesn't look a rovers player and Williams seems comfortable until the summer. Ex Mowbray loanee? Think il pass on him 

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Happy if its Camps bit of dynasicm in the centre. Reminds of a LL Steve Sidwell type. Leeds and Burnley tracked in the summer so right player to make the climb next year.

rather we took Bell on a free at end of year, doesn't look a rovers player and Williams seems comfortable until the summer. Ex Mowbray loanee? Think il pass on him 

Are you basing your opinion of Bell on the game against Leicester last weekend or have you seen him more regularly?

May be above our reach, but Brendan Galloway at Everton has been recalled from Sunderland and is likely to be loaned out again. He lost a bit of form and confidence and could be ideal if he's willing to drop down to League 1 for 1st team football. He did fairly well for MK Dons in this league a few years ago. Maybe out of our league now, given he's played for Everton's first team, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

A lot of people seem to think Williams is good enough and a replacement isn't needed which is fair enough... Who do you play there if he gets injured? Sam Hart? It's called squad depth...

4 minutes ago, BiggusMickus said:

May be above our reach, but Brendan Galloway at Everton has been recalled from Sunderland and is likely to be loaned out again. He lost a bit of form and confidence and could be ideal if he's willing to drop down to League 1 for 1st team football. He did fairly well for MK Dons in this league a few years ago. Maybe out of our league now, given he's played for Everton's first team, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

We're Blackburn Rovers Mick, League 1 or not, it should count for sommat!

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

A lot of people seem to think Williams is good enough and a replacement isn't needed which is fair enough... Who do you play there if he gets injured? Sam Hart? It's called squad depth...

Disagree thought Williams was poor today , and at best has been "ok" the whole season , a season in league 1 and he has only looked "ok" 

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

Disagree thought Williams was poor today , and at best has been "ok" the whole season , a season in league 1 and he has only looked "ok" 

I'm curious AJW, why did you think Williams was poor today? I thought he had an 'ok' game but wonder why he consistently is singled out as being poor? I personally think he's our latest 'Jason Lowe', 'Jason Wilcox', etc. etc.

Did you realise from full back, he's got more goal assists than anyone else in the team? Give the lad a break and support him rather than blind pillory him, you never know how much that could do for his (or Nyambe's) confidence. 

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would have hoped we were looking to recruit from at least Championship level clubs if that's were we are aiming for a return to...Rochdale? :unsure:

Suppose it's a case of 'roll the Dice' whoever you get mind...

I don't know, i quite like that we're aiming for young hungry footballers at this level with the potential to step up.

29 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I would be really disappointed if Bennett was moved back out wide.. as stated, Samuel is not a winger 

No chance. He's back out wide for the next game, Mowbray pretty much confirmed it afterwards.

51 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I would have hoped we were looking to recruit from at least Championship level clubs if that's were we are aiming for a return to...Rochdale? :unsure:

How about young lads from local Premiership clubs on loan.

Suppose it's a case of 'roll the Dice' whoever you get mind...

So you would rather we take a chance on a youngster from the premier league?Harper turned out well didn't he?

There are good players that can make the step up in this league.Dack already has shown quality and he will be a championship player next year.

Even for average championship players you are talking millions and crazy money these days. 

Our owners have proven that they arnt going to give the manager a huge kitty so imo our best chance going forward is to sign players with potential from this league and others in the hope they will develop into assets for the football club.Camps imo would be a decent signing

12 hours ago, islander200 said:

Dack seemed to have gone that way at Gillingham if you compare his stats from last season to the season before

Very true, players can move up a gear after a move. Dack is an excellent example. Playing for a club chasing promotion and the potential of playing in the Championship next year will certainly up a players game. 

Dack deserves to be playing in the league higher for sure and I reckon he will be just as effective.

I agree with buying younger players from this league that can make the step up. Too many loans and it’s not your squad, permanent signings are more ideal if we can do that. Camps is in that category, there are many more in this league who can step up.

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

Downing and Smallwood are two more  examples of player befitting from a move and playing with better players.

Archived