BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

After watching Nyambe yesterday I have to admit @blueboy he was very good, we had our differences about the full backs in particular Nyambe, and I still think he may be dodgy in championship, however he was great yesterday and fair play to the lad, some of his play was dopey but still did the job if that makes sense.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pedro said:

Sign Bell, Williams could go left centre back, Mulgrew could be pushed into centre mid.

I'd personally rather keep Mulgrew at the back but it's an option.

I really wish people would stop suggesting this every couple of weeks. He will not and should not be pushed into midfield!! He is playing amazing stuff centre half,why in god's name tamper with that?

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would suspect if he is coming to us it will be a late Friday night signing so he wont be registered for Saturday or he might have a slight strain and sign Sunday, I doubt they would play him if he is definitely coming.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Not saying I believe him before I get labelled a Nickoteen but Nixon is saying on Twitter that Bell is holding out for championship interest.He will probably sign for us tomorrow

If that was the case (questionable) then if he thinks hes better than Rovers, he needs to remember hes a Fleetwood player.

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I really wish people would stop suggesting this every couple of weeks. He will not and should not be pushed into midfield!! He is playing amazing stuff centre half,why in god's name tamper with that?

Mowbray's said Mulgrew isn't going into midfield. Not sure why people keep repeating it. He's also said he needs cover at left-back so not sure why people keep suggesting Bell is coming to play left wing.

Someone will repeat these suggestions by 11pm.

57 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You do realise this is a forum and I have zero influence on the team?

...but it will happen and Mulgrew will pull up injured and people will get rather cross.

14 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Williams (despite upturn in form recently) is probably our weakest player. So signing a promising LB has got to be a good thing, I don’t know why people aren’t happy with it.

I'm not complaining about it, just arguing against the probably false assumption that he will be signed as a winger.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You need a road cone to shout it down BDG = He Does Not Want To Play In Midfield !!!

Big Tony will not be upsetting his main man anytime soon.

They brought a bit of intensity to midfield that's missing usually because we always have one guy to sit in there, put his foot on it and move slow sideways passes about. Not sure that's always needed in this league and it doesn't actually suit the way we allegedly want to play like being on the front foot which means pressing, snapping and winning the ball back quickly.

We've been playing that was as long as I can remember now mainly because of the types we've had in Lowe, Williamson, Evans, Whittingham etc, never enough bite and spark in those lads. Yesterday was refreshing in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Has Bennett cemented the centre mid position I wonder? Him and smallwood could be exactly what we need in there. Snapping at the opposition. Lovely having those two there with Chapman,Dack,Armstrong and Graham in front of them? Oh I'm getting very excited :D

Without a doubt he has for 2 reasons

1 - The competition isn't great

2 - He was immense yesterday

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’d imagine it’s more to do with Bell not being convinced he’d start under us with Williams having a steady season and being a TM favourite. Perhaps he doesn’t want to play on the wing or be second fiddle.

Is he a TM favourite? He is the ONLY choice as Hart has been a disaster move. Paying a fee for Bell would also suggest he would be first choice.

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Is he a TM favourite? He is the ONLY choice as Hart has been a disaster move. Paying a fee for Bell would also suggest he would be first choice.

I'd be willing to wager that Williams won't be dropped this season even if Bell comes in. In any event, let's see if Bell joins first!

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'd be willing to wager that Williams won't be dropped this season even if Bell comes in. In any event, let's see if Bell joins first!

I think it's about improving on what we have and that should apply to any player.

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I see Jack Payne has been recalled by Huddersfield from Oxford.With them signing Pritchard I doubt he has a future at Huddersfield.Perhaps a team have bid for him

Please be us.

Archived