SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers are interested in signing attacking midfielder Jack Payne on loan from Huddersfield Town. The 23-year-old spent the first half of the season on loan at Oxford United.

(Source: @TomBarclay_)

If that's true that'd be great.  He'd improve the team in a couple of positions and would be good cover for Dack.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Please be us.

Blackburn Rovers are interested in signing attacking midfielder Jack Payne on loan from Huddersfield Town. The 23-year-old spent the first half of the season on loan at Oxford United.

As if by Magic!

Who's the twitter guy Chaddy?

I'd be happy with him but not another loan.Mowbray has said he wants permanent signings.We need a squad building and Payne is 23 now surely Huddersfield would rather a permanent deal than a temporary one.He has been playing well for Oxford why would they recall him only to loan him out again to a team in the same division. Could understand it if he was going on loan to a championship side

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'd be happy with him but not another loan.Mowbray has said he wants permanent signings.We need a squad building and Payne is 23 now surely Huddersfield would rather a permanent deal than a temporary one.

I don't think there is as much money there as we would like to think for permanent signings.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'd be happy with him but not another loan.Mowbray has said he wants permanent signings.We need a squad building and Payne is 23 now surely Huddersfield would rather a permanent deal than a temporary one.He has been playing well for Oxford why would they recall him only to loan him out again to a team in the same division. Could understand it if he was going on loan to a championship side

Because it would be better for his development to play in a successful attacking team,than a team struggling. 

I agree about loans,but as cover for Dack, a loan in this situation may be perfect. Depends on the price at the end of the day I suppose 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because it would be better for his development to play in a successful attacking team,than a team struggling. 

I agree about loans,but as cover for Dack, a loan in this situation may be perfect. Depends on the price at the end of the day I suppose 

He can play out wide as well, has 12 assists and 7 goals this season (one which was a good goal against us). Has pace.

Looking at the Oxford forum, looks like plenty are saying he's been less effective when teams have man marked/doubled up on him in recent weeks.

Can't see anyone doing that with Dack in the side. The prospect of Dack, Payne and Armstrong playing behind Graham looks devestating at this level.

Wow - would be a great signing (has anyone thought it might be a loan with a view to a permanent signing?)

Bennett could be shunted to CM and we could have Dack, Payne and Armstrong behind Graham - that would scare the life out of teams at this level.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Wow - would be a great signing (has anyone thought it might be a loan with a view to a permanent signing?)

Bennett could be shunted to CM and we could have Dack, Payne and Armstrong behind Graham - that would scare the life out of teams at this level.

Yes I would have thought loan and made permanent if we go up, because he's 23, so if he was going to be given a chance there it would be soon, but they've just signed pritchard, so they probably want a club who are willing to pay for him next season.

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As you said cover for Dack so he wouldn't be starting in his preferred position if he was to join.So from Huddersfield point of view if he has a future with them then it wouldn't make sense to recall him from Oxford to loan him to us

Raya

Nyambe  Mulgrew Lenihan Williams

Payne  Bennett  Smallwood  Chapman

Dack

Graham

Subs - Canadian, Bell, Samuel, Armstrong, Downing, Evans, Whittingham

That could be our squad going into the last 3 months of the season. That is pretty good and only 3 loans, of which two have potential to be made permanent signings, Chapman out of contract and Payne Huddersfield maybe looking to sell.

Just now, islander200 said:

As you said cover for Dack so he wouldn't be starting in his preferred position if he was to join.So from Huddersfield point of view if he has a future with them then it wouldn't make sense to recall him from Oxford to loan him to us

He can play on the wing either 

This new found pace we are (hopefully) injecting is just what this team has been crying out for. Should Bell and Payne get over the line we will have an abundance of it. Good technical ability too in the case of Payne, not seen anything of Bell so not sure about him.

Just now, AAK said:

Raya

Nyambe  Mulgrew Lenihan Williams

Payne  Bennett  Smallwood  Chapman

Dack

Graham

Subs - Canadian, Bell, Samuel, Armstrong, Downing, Evans, Whittingham

That could be our squad going into the last 3 months of the season. That is pretty good and only 3 loans, of which two have potential to be made permanent signings, Chapman out of contract and Payne Huddersfield maybe looking to sell.

Splitting hairs slightly, but I'd keep Downing in the side before Darragh, play him in CM if anywhere.

Even so, I'm convinced that side goes up as champions

Wonder why his loan at Oxford was cut short - it was meant to be for the whole season? Seems a bit odd as someone else has said to then loan him out again to the same league. More to this loan deal that meets the eye? I have a strong feeling it could be with a view to a permanent deal come the summer or something - hope that is the case anyway.

23 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Wonder why his loan at Oxford was cut short - it was meant to be for the whole season? Seems a bit odd as someone else has said to then loan him out again to the same league. More to this loan deal that meets the eye? I have a strong feeling it could be with a view to a permanent deal come the summer or something - hope that is the case anyway.

Could be that, or perhaps the lad wants to come back up north. Either way would be a great bit of business and give Dack more freedom in matches.

Archived