BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, Tom said:

Great signing, would have been happier if at least one of him, Chapman or Armstrong were permanent deals, feels we really need to make sure we get out of this league this season or could have another building job in summer!

It would be great if we got all three in summer once promoted. I think that's a pipe dream though

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good signing.  Hope he plays to his potential and Mowbray plays him in his best position, which is roaming free in the middle behind the main attackers.

I'll be disappointed if Mowbray plays him wide in the Antonsson role. 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

It would be great if we got all three in summer once promoted. I think that's a pipe dream though

Depends on what money Venkys come up with. I expect if we do go up all 3 would be very much achievable signings. If Huddersfield survive in the Premier League I reckon they'd be open to offers for Payne. Likewise Newcastle with Armstrong - if their takeover happens and Benitez has a good spend he'll be well out of their thoughts. Chapman out of contract at Boro plus Pulis will be putting his stamp on things so expect he'd be the easiest of the 3 to sign permanently, providing the cash is forthcoming from above, which it would need to be for our sakes.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

Depends on what money Venkys come up with. I expect if we do go up all 3 would be very much achievable signings. If Huddersfield survive in the Premier League I reckon they'd be open to offers for Payne. Likewise Newcastle with Armstrong - if their takeover happens and Benitez has a good spend he'll be well out of their thoughts. Chapman out of contract at Boro plus Pulis will be putting his stamp on things so expect he'd be the easiest of the 3 to sign permanently, providing the cash is forthcoming from above, which it would need to be for our sakes.

All true. Fingers crossed.

Ya, can't see Chapman being a Pulis player...Their loss 

Great signing. Not sure where he fits into the side but he's a ver good player at this level and having him and Dack to choose from for that role behind the striker is unreal for us. He's definitely not a winger so it's interesting to see where Mowbray see's him fitting in. 

Raya

Nyambe   Downing Mulgrew  Williams/Bell

Smallwood

Bennett                                      Armstrong

Payne    Dack

Graham

Decent side that. 

• Backroom

The Bell one is interesting, sounds like he's waiting for a Championship move, I know little about him in terms of ability but won't lose too much sleep if he decides he's too big for us!

Just now, Tom said:

The Bell one is interesting, sounds like he's waiting for a Championship move, I know little about him in terms of ability but won't lose too much sleep if he decides he's too big for us!

I highly doubt , he will get a better offer , may not like competition , time will tell !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amari'i_Bell

Ok I know it's Wiki but an interesting read, someone has spent time on the detail.

A couple of mentions of lack of confidence earlier in his career, perhaps looking for a bigger move than Rovers, maybe just considering his options - nowt wrong with that, or just can't make his f-ing mind up. TM may just move on.

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

He's 5' 11", maybe he is too big for us and that is the problem <_<

From reading Oxford's fluorescent forum, they've changed formation to 4-4-2 and it sounds like he'd been shunted out to the wing and wasn't really suited to it. So hopefully he'll either be a back up to Dack in the no 10 spot, or one taking the other "wide forward" type role that Chapman / Antonsson / Samuel have been playing, as they aren't strictly wing-type roles.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Yeah I wouldn't be throwing big money after this one if it's not enough or he doesn't really want to come sod him move on.

43 minutes ago, renrag said:

Perhaps Fleetwood want to hold it up till after Saturday

Possible, though would they play him and risk him against us if a move was imminent? He's hardly going to be focused on them if playing his next club and they could risk injury costing them a substantial transfer fee.

Just now, JHRover said:

Possible, though would they play him and risk him against us if a move was imminent? He's hardly going to be focused on them if playing his next club and they could risk injury costing them a substantial transfer fee.

If they do williams will be looking for him any chance he gets :)

2 minutes ago, Earlydoors said:

"Blackburn owners Venky's believe the move will make the club more marketable to the Asian market"

But is he good enough for the first team? 

Archived