SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rigger said:

I would leave Bell at Fleetwood until after we have played them. Leave them with the dilemma of whether to pick him against us or not.

Watching the Leicester game. Bell looks fast going forward but I wouldn’t call him a rock at the back. Tried to dribble out of the penalty and was robbed by a Leicester player.

Hope they are all “filleted” for Saturday after two games against two Premier League champions in a week. 

56 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

Not sure where I saw it earlier but read something from Uwe Rosler asking Bell was he in the right frame of mind to play at the weekend with the potential move pending, and he said 'always'. And how impressed he was with his performance. Can't seem to find it. Almost certain I haven't imagined this. Would explain him starting tonight again. 

Yeah I heard this on radio. Let's hope he doesn't risk it. Be really odd if he plays against us on Saturday.....surely not??

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Not sure where I saw it earlier but read something from Uwe Rosler asking Bell was he in the right frame of mind to play at the weekend with the potential move pending, and he said 'always'. And how impressed he was with his performance. Can't seem to find it. Almost certain I haven't imagined this. Would explain him starting tonight again. 

Your right he did say.

shame his mentality was the worst on the pitch at Leicester last week with a repeat of the same tonight.

dont get a good feeling about this one.

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any talk of any of our young lads being sent out on loan to pick up some experience?

The like of Wharton,Travis,Tomlinson etc would benefit playing a bit of first team football.

Williams, Bell and Hart. Doyle must be getting punted?

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Any talk of any of our young lads being sent out on loan to pick up some experience?

The like of Wharton,Travis,Tomlinson etc would benefit playing a bit of first team football.

Would like them in the squad tbh. If Downing picked up a knock in training - I’d rather Wharton over Ward. 

Been very impressed with Travis similarly, he’s got to be ahead of Evans.

Perhaps Tomlinson...

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Would like them in the squad tbh. If Downing picked up a knock in training - I’d rather Wharton over Ward. 

Been very impressed with Travis similarly, he’s got to be ahead of Evans.

Perhaps Tomlinson...

With the signings brought in I doubt we will be seeing them get many minutes. 

I'd prefer Travis in the squad as well but it's not up to you or me and Mowbray has gone with Ward ahead of Wharton. 

With the return of Lenihan then Wharton will be further down the pecking order a loan move would be more beneficial to him imo

• Backroom

Uwe Rosler tells me after the match that an agreement is in place between #ftfc & #rovers over Amari’i Bell. Rosler says it’s up to the player what he wants to do. @BBCLancsSport

From Andy Bayes twitter 

23 minutes ago, Tom said:

Uwe Rosler tells me after the match that an agreement is in place between #ftfc & #rovers over Amari’i Bell. Rosler says it’s up to the player what he wants to do. @BBCLancsSport

From Andy Bayes twitter 

Well if he can't make his mind up by Saturday,he better be planning on scoring an own goal or something. We are involved in serious business and we don't need a future player attempting to stop us. Make your mind up 

Don't want this guy! He has wavered too much and obviously isn't jumping at the chance to come to Rovers. 

We should do what City did to Sanchez and tell him we don't want him.

Besides, Williams is playing well and Doyle is a back-up.

3 hours ago, GreenRover said:

Wouldn't you think he would be jumping at the chance to come to a team that has a great possibility of getting promoted? Strange. Maybe waiting to see if an offer comes in from a championship team? Is he that good? 

Not a must have based on the Leicester game. 

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Young players? Send out on loan? Bell is not even our player, yet.

I must have read your post incorrectly or you are on a lock-in amber nectar variety.

Speaking hypothetically of he joined. Young or old we can't pay four salaries for one position. One should go. Won't be Harr he's just arrived so Doyle?

Starting to agree on  bell, it looks like he could have come to us a week ago if he wanted to. Judging on his performances against Leicester, seems to have pace and a little bit of flair but defensive wise he aint that good. I know he was up against PL players so he would probably be a bit better at this level.

Last season he had Brighton, Palace and West Ham looking at him and Cardiff were interested not so long ago. This must point to him having something but I think it has got to his head and we are presumably not good enough for him in his eyes. Feel he is waiting for further interest and will only come to us if nothing else comes his way - dont like that, so would rather we spent the 300k elsewhere or not at all and saved it for the summer.

6 hours ago, Rob1981 said:

Position with Bell seems clear. He can come if he wants to. He seems reluctant. If he doesn’t want to come, move on. Would rather not go into a game against Fleetwood Town looking like we are scrabbling for one of their players.

To the contrary, it could be argued that unsettling one of the opposition's key players in the lead up to a match could work in our favour.

Perhaps now that Fleetwood are out of the Cup, it may sway his decision.

It's easy to say,, "Why doesn't he just sign?", but maybe he's being influenced by his agent, or maybe he's very happy at Fleetwood.

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

To the contrary, it could be argued that unsettling one of the opposition's key players in the lead up to a match could work in our favour.

Perhaps now that Fleetwood are out of the Cup, it may sway his decision.

It's easy to say,, "Why doesn't he just sign?", but maybe he's being influenced by his agent, or maybe he's very happy at Fleetwood.

Either his agent fancies him for a Championship club or he doe himself. No reason why he isn’t coming to Rovers except that. It’s not like he’s got a settled family miles away I bet he wouldn’t even have to move from where he lives now. 

20 minutes ago, Garage Flower said:

Either his agent fancies him for a Championship club or he doe himself. No reason why he isn’t coming to Rovers except that. It’s not like he’s got a settled family miles away I bet he wouldn’t even have to move from where he lives now. 

It could also be that we already have a settled left back and he isn't keen on signing for another league 1 club and not being guaranteed a starting place.

Not a massive fan of Williams myself but in recent weeks he has been playing well.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

It could also be that we already have a settled left back and he isn't keen on signing for another league 1 club and not being guaranteed a starting place.

Not a massive fan of Williams myself but in recent weeks he has been playing well.

I’d guess privately Bell backs himself to become our first choice. 

Archived