BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

I can understand him not wanting to join until after the replay , it was a big game for him , his teammates and his employers , but now that is over he has to sign in the next day or so if not we move on 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AJW said:

I can understand him not wanting to join until after the replay , it was a big game for him , his teammates and his employers , but now that is over he has to sign in the next day or so if not we move on 

Well i agree with that, it does make sense to try and help his teammates and the supporters in such a big match for them. but like you say the game is over so time for either him or us to move on.

AS a general point, we were probably a better than 50% chance for automatic promotion on 31 December but with the prospect of many nail biting moments ahead.

Now we have signed two flair players who have done the business at this level so we can look forwards to the next 20 games both with confidence and anticipation of a successful promotion push which we can enjoy as well.

Unusual to be able to feel good about a transfer window with it only half ay through.

With regards to Bell, at the moment the delay is 100% explicable and indeed is for reasons I find very positive. Yes we want a player who wants to be involved in big games and shows loyalty to his current employer.

33 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Its williams birthday today according to rovers twitter. Would be the ultimate troll by rovers and bell if he signs today

Aslo learned from that post on Twitter that Williams has played every minute in the League so far.

Everton have apparently bid £1 million for Callum Wright from the development squad. Don't know if thats a bid or we'd get that as compensation.

Could be selling a future star on the cheap or are we cashing in on someone who isn't going to influence the fist team in the next 12 months?

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Everton have apparently bid £1 million for Callum Wright from the development squad. Don't know if thats a bid or we'd get that as compensation.

Could be selling a future star on the cheap or are we cashing in on someone who isn't going to influence the fist team in the next 12 months?

Good question. Here's the link.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-make-offer-blackburn-rovers-14166292

Palace are West Brom reportedly after cairney. Got to think thats going to cost them 10million plus. Hopefully we stuck a sell on % in when we sold him to fulham.

a Possible 1-3million goes a long long way at this level

5 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

1 million is good money for a 17 year old who may or may not go on to break into the first team. If we don't have to sell, we would probably be better off keeping him though.

Bizarre when you consider he is the same age as Harper though. I suppose Harper physically was more equipped to deal with senior football, mentally not so much...

keep hold of him, if he has as much potential as what is said, he shouldnt be too far away from first team football and I doubt he will be getting it at Everton for quite some time (if ever). Once he does play and cement himself in our side, we can then talk of megabucks.

TM's stated plan is to be in the PL the season after next.

To keep Callum at Ewood would show real intent.

Given the amount of PL interest in him his valuation is only likely  to go up dramatically, barring a disaster.

Plus I have a major problem selling anyone to Everton, it goes back a very long time.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

TM's stated plan is to be in the PL the season after next.

To keep Callum at Ewood would show real intent.

Given the amount of PL interest in him his valuation is only likely  to go up dramatically, barring a disaster.

Plus I have a major problem selling anyone to Everton, it goes back a very long time.

TM said that? I like ambition but there is no chance we will get double promotion unless we are backed fairly heavily.

Just now, JacknOry said:

TM said that? I like ambition but there is no chance we will get double promotion unless we are backed fairly heavily.

Yes, early or maybe preseason. Along the lines of 'bounce through' the league like others have done.

I accept it's likely morale boosting sales spiel but I do think TM has a plan for a PL return, I doubt the short time frame unless as you say massive backing occurs in the summer.

26 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

We should give ham a 5 year contract instead.

No, unless it's a very sensible one on a sliding scale to match any elevation in status.

Henley & Lowe stick in mind with the 5 year scenario and in the end it only really benefited them and their agents not the club.

Give him 5 years security on good money and he'll be likely to disappear up his own backside like many other football kids do.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

That is true but I see a difference between the likes of Leon Best & Danny Murphy and a bright young talent who many clubs keep an eye on.

How good is he? What's his strengths and weaknesses I genuinely know nothing about the lad

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

How good is he? What's his strengths and weaknesses I genuinely know nothing about the lad

Me neither man.  The only thing i know is that there are reports about several PL clubs chasing him. In that context I tend to believe that he might be a reasonable talent and 1 mil is next to nothing so we might as well keep him around.

16 minutes ago, DanielMB said:

That is true but I see a difference between the likes of Leon Best & Danny Murphy and a bright young talent who many clubs keep an eye on.

Agreed, we can't continually compare Rovers deals under Kean to ones under Mowbray. Totally different focus. Mowbray's is on the club. Kean's wasn't. It's a different club now (we all hope).

Archived