BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

35 minutes ago, Tom said:

Fleetwood have been really open in saying they've accepted a bid and still he doesn't seem to have other offers.

If I was him I'd be looking at us thinking if he came here there's a good chance he can get to the next league up with us and be part of something 

His Agent may also be telling him to wait until the end of the season when he'll be a free agent and the offers will come flooding in just like they did for Jason Lowe.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart, Harper and Gladwin are the only real black marks against Mowbray's transfer business thus far. Thankfully Harper only a loan and Hart likely to be a cheap deal. Seems to be a recurring theme with summer transfer windows that we usually pick up one or two duds late on.

Whittingham and maybe Samuel still to be decided, Payne and Armstrong in theory good additions still to be confirmed. 

Harper and Hart were there to flesh out the squad IMO, bums on seats for the bench, if they turned out to be good it was a bonus.

Gladwin has been a huge disappointment, he looked to be quite dynamic in friendlies and was bright in the game against Doncaster although it wasn't hard to shine that day. His performances have got gradually worse as the season has gone on.

Hart looked like one where someone owed someone a favour but best of luck to him on loan hopefully it leads to a permanent move there.

As for Bell he may well be faced with the possibility of coming here to sit on the bench initially so fair enough if he wants to think it over I suppose.

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hart, Harper and Gladwin are the only real black marks against Mowbray's transfer business thus far. Thankfully Harper only a loan and Hart likely to be a cheap deal. Seems to be a recurring theme with summer transfer windows that we usually pick up one or two duds late on.

Whittingham and maybe Samuel still to be decided, Payne and Armstrong in theory good additions still to be confirmed. 

Presumably we pick up those duds when we fail to achieve our first, second or third choice targets. Downing seemed to be an 11th hour, bums on seat signing but thankfully has proven to be a great move. He's excelled with the wise head of Mulgrew next to him and has thankfully kept calamity Ward to the bench. I have become a fan of him.

I hope the moving on of Hart leads us to signing Amari'i Bell. If him, or his agent, is in fact waiting out for a Championship club then fair play. He has ambition. At the end of the day players want to play at the higher level and even if he comes here with the aim of eventually moving to a "bigger" club then so be it. He'll command a fee, we should turn a profit on him and we'll have him motivated to play for the move.

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Presumably we pick up those duds when we fail to achieve our first, second or third choice targets. Downing seemed to be an 11th hour, bums on seat signing but thankfully has proven to be a great move. He's excelled with the wise head of Mulgrew next to him and has thankfully kept calamity Ward to the bench. I have become a fan of him.

I hope the moving on of Hart leads us to signing Amari'i Bell. If him, or his agent, is in fact waiting out for a Championship club then fair play. He has ambition. At the end of the day players want to play at the higher level and even if he comes here with the aim of eventually moving to a "bigger" club then so be it. He'll command a fee, we should turn a profit on him and we'll have him motivated to play for the move.

He's been playing at Fleetwood Town who realistically are going nowhere this season and will do very well indeed to ever get any higher than League One.

The potential to join Blackburn Rovers on substantially higher wages should alone be enough of a pull.

No doubt he does want to get to the Championship - he should be confident of doing that with us whilst enjoying automatic promotion.

I think if I were a player I'd sooner join a club in Rovers position in with a good chance of promotion this season than go straight to a mediocre Championship side and play out the rest of this season going nowhere. Worst comes to the worst and we don't go up if he's as good as he presumably thinks he is then someone else will come a knocking before long.

Obviously the likes of Cardiff are different as there's a real prospect of them getting promoted themselves, but for everyone in the bottom half of the Championship there's little to play for between now and May.

3 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

Loading up with firepower like Armstrong and Payne who can both probably operate in Dacks position does make me wonder if they are half preparing for that.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Good move for Hart and the club. He needs to play in his best position, not on the wing for 10 minutes when we're desperate. LT says club 'hopeful' of doing Bell deal.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15847667.Rovers_full_back_Sam_Hart_joins_League_One_side_Rochdale_on_loan/?ref=mac

I don't think he will ever pull on the rovers shirt in a competitive game again

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's from The S*n. It will be b*ll*cks.

Yeah Nicko spouting his shite as per.

I can't see us selling a player we bought in summer in January unless the bid is far too good to turn down. And by far too good I mean 10+ million. I wouldn't let him go for anything less right now.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I can't see us selling a player we bought in summer in January unless the bid is far too good to turn down. And by far too good I mean 10+ million. I wouldn't let him go for anything less right now.

After an average start when he probably wasn't fit it's hard to explain just how good Dack has been. It's not only his ability, which is exceptional at this level, but it's his will to win that's most impressive. He must be a horrible sod to play against.

They would be idiots to sell him. .

4 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

After an average start when he probably wasn't fit it's hard to explain just how good Dack has been. It's not only his ability, which is exceptional at this level, but it's his will to win that's most impressive. He must be a horrible sod to play against.

They would be idiots to sell him. .

If he is sold for anything less than what you say, I’d expect the new CEO and Tony to follow him out the door!

Would be madness to sell at this point, I can understand in the summer if promotion isn’t secured but I’m quite confident (if the Rao’s/“Hangers on” haven’t gotten involved) he will stay this month.

11 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

I don't believe that article.Norwich seem to have financial trouble hence them selling Pritchard. Norwich are also trying to sell Olivera and are seeking 8 million.They also sold Cameron Jerome.

They brought in a highly rated young attacking midfielder on loan from spurs the other day who's name escapes me.

I just don't see us selling Dack this window unless crazy money is offered

Just now, Biz said:

If he is sold for anything less than what you say, I’d expect the new CEO and Tony to follow him out the door!

Would be madness to sell at this point, I can understand in the summer if promotion isn’t secured but I’m quite confident (if the Rao’s/“Hangers on” haven’t gotten involved) he will stay this month.

Brave man.

Personally I think Armstrong and Payne coming in is a very telling sign.

Our model seems to be loan a player then If he does well, sign him, and then sell as soon as we have a decent offer in. As a business model it’s great. As a football model it is very risky and unlikely to contribute to success on the pitch. Certainly not mid-season sales.

Bean-counters rule at Ewood...

13 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It wasn't Nixon.He reckons no chance we will sell Dack

Archived