BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No.  It's just common sense to be a little nervous based on past experience. 

If your wife kept playing around behind your back and you kept catching her, you'd be a bit nervous the next time you get a plumber round! 

Yeah but we’d struggle to get a better plumber though. Plus he keeps maintaining the boiler for us. I know that he’s already broken two boilers and we are now on the budget range but it’s the best budget boiler in the market.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No.  It's just common sense to be a little nervous based on past experience. 

If your wife kept playing around behind your back and you kept catching her, you'd be a bit nervous the next time you get a plumber round! 

Yeah but we’d struggle to get a better plumber though. Plus he keeps maintaining the boiler for us. I know that he’s already broken two boilers and we are now on the budget range but it’s the best budget boiler in the market.

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

#FeedTheNutt... and he will sign! ?⚪️

https://t.co/nvZU2ycxEQ

Nuttall signed a new contract

Lucky lad. He’s been dire in every game I’ve seen him play in since his goal v. Fleetwood. Slow as a cart horse and always looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Just now, Giant said:

Lucky lad. He’s been dire in every game I’ve seen him play in since his goal v. Fleetwood. Slow as a cart horse and always looks like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Bit harsh but I do think it's a very generous contract for a lad who hasn't exactly looked comfortable at this level considering where we are aiming to get to

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Super serious.

Fans moan when players aren't introduced quick enough and then when they are introduced they get on their backs immediately. Nuttall case and point. 

It's a fair point. The fans seem to expect them to be the finished article straight away and when they aren't, they write them off instantly as not good enough. 

However it's far more down to manager's in general not trusting them either, not being brave enough to give them a chance in the first place then dropping them as soon as they have an indifferent game.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's a fair point. The fans seem to expect them to be the finished article straight away and when they aren't, they write them off instantly as not good enough. 

However it's far more down to manager's in general not trusting them either, not being brave enough to give them a chance in the first place then dropping them as soon as they have an indifferent game.

True to a point, but you can't really blame Mowbray in this instance as we have some great options upfront, particularly Graham who ,on his day, is the best striker in the league IMO. To be fair, Mowbray has shown great faith in Nuttall by offering him this deal. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Super serious.

Fans moan when players aren't introduced quick enough and then when they are introduced they get on their backs immediately. Nuttall case and point. 

I think the 'moaning' was due to the fact he's looked a bit sulky and uninterested in recent cameo appearances. I don't mean he's been appearing with Cameo. He was more at it against Shrewsbury. Maybe the contract talks were getting to him, who knows?

Word Up.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

True to a point, but you can't really blame Mowbray in this instance as we have some great options upfront, particularly Graham who ,on his day, is the best striker in the league IMO. To be fair, Mowbray has shown great faith in Nuttall by offering him this deal. 

Blimey, when was that day, the day we drew against Scunthorpe? I shall look forward to next season's cameo from him.

None of Mowbray's comments indicate he particularly rates Nuttall. I wonder if it's more of a case of the Club trying to protect their investment in case he is sold.

Good, far from the finished article but he obviously knows where the goal is. Lets not forget that he grabbed a few very important goals and you never know, they might just be the difference come the end of the season.

He will get better.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Blimey, when was that day, the day we drew against Scunthorpe? I shall look forward to next season's cameo from him.

None of Mowbray's comments indicate he particularly rates Nuttall. I wonder if it's more of a case of the Club trying to protect their investment in case he is sold.

I meant Graham! 

Archived