BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Intersting quote from Tony’s presser today: https://t.co/OqmV9Si17F

“Ideally i want players i trust signed up to long term deals. We’ve had to dip into loans on a couple of positions but they’re not black and white deals where we simply say goodbye at the end of the term there could be something in the future with them”.

Hopefully we see a couple of Chapman, Payne, Armstrong etc in future years to come if we go up this season!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Intersting quote from Tony’s presser today: https://t.co/OqmV9Si17F

“Ideally i want players i trust signed up to long term deals. We’ve had to dip into loans on a couple of positions but they’re not black and white deals where we simply say goodbye at the end of the term there could be something in the future with them”.

Hopefully we see a couple of Chapman, Payne, Armstrong etc in future years to come if we go up this season!

I've had this feeling with both Armstrong and Payne. Chapman too would be fantastic, imagine that lot and Dack going into the Championship. We would certainly have more than a fighting chance of staying up.

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Let’s just hope this Bell hold up is Fleetwood’s end and not the V’s up to their old tricks.

Surely Vs would be well aware of what wages and terms have been offered to Bell for him to agree to them.

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/blackburn-closing-in-on-deal-for-fleetwood-s-bell-1-8966851

The hold up is what Fleetwood are asking according to Mogga. So either Rosler or Mogga is telling fibs.

“I’m happy enough to walk away from any deal if we do not feel we are getting value for money, which is why it is stalling at the moment a little bit" - Mowbray

37 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I've had this feeling with both Armstrong and Payne. Chapman too would be fantastic, imagine that lot and Dack going into the Championship. We would certainly have more than a fighting chance of staying up.

Or going up!!!!   ???

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

So Mowbray has been speaking about Bell in his press conference today. Saying that it isn't the player holding the deal up and that all the personal stuff is agreed with him.

Wonder what the hold up could be then?

Fleetwood must have accepted the bid, the player has apparently agreed everything - are we waiting on Venky time again?

Possibly agents wanting their cut? Like when Rhodes went to Boro.

14 minutes ago, yoda's brother said:

maybe a sell on clause holding up the deal

I am thinking the same thing. The article doesnt read like we’re the ones holding back, rather Fleetwood trying to squeeze us a bit more.

not nice though from Uwe Rosler saying its up to the player when its really not..

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Good that Nuttall has signed to protect our investment, but he needs to show a better attitude than he did in his last game where he seemed disinterested.

Potentially worth loaning out to League 2.

His last game he was back to his own self and working hard. Not disinterested at all or lazy. Thats was against Shrewsbury. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Nuttall left on loan wed have Graham, Armstrong and Samuel.

Keep him. Will get game time 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town/blackburn-closing-in-on-deal-for-fleetwood-s-bell-1-8966851

The hold up is what Fleetwood are asking according to Mogga. So either Rosler or Mogga is telling fibs.

“I’m happy enough to walk away from any deal if we do not feel we are getting value for money, which is why it is stalling at the moment a little bit" - Mowbray

Mowbray "The hold up is something I do not want to discuss"

Made me laugh in an article full of TM quotes and innuendo.

Maybe Fleetwood want cash in full now and Rovers want payment over time subject to conditions.

As plausible as anything else suggested.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily one or the other telling fibs. When Rosler said it was up to the player, that was probably true at the time. Mowbray says it’s due to what Fleetwood are asking,which is possibly that Bell doesn’t play on Saturday. I’d be surprised if it’s not wrapped up soon after cut off on Friday.

Mowbray is quite clear that the hold up isn't the player, he is happy with the terms and he wants to play for Rovers. I doubt that has changed since Rosler insinuated Bell was making up his mind what to do. It's a bit of a coincidence that another issue has cropped up now that the player has 'suddenly' decided to join us. It suggests the player was never the issue and that it's been the same issue all along - whatever that is.

I'd imagine Mowbray would be happy for Bell to play against us Saturday if he's then going to sign for us Monday - he's hardly going to be busting a gut for Fleetwood. I also doubt Mowbray would put up a fight if Fleetwood insisted he could sign for us but not play Saturday. I'm sure Williams is fine there for another game and it would be a bit harsh anyway if Bell came straight into a winning team.

Mowbray say the deal is stalled as he feels Rovers aren't getting 'value for money'. So either an agent thing or Fleetwood wanting performance clauses/sell on clauses inserted that Rovers don't agree with? Possibly. At least the new CEO is busy earning his corn.

So, er, I disagree with your disagreement;)

Ben Heneghan, the player we lost out on in Summer, could be going on loan to Rotherham, or even back to Motherwell. He's made a grand total of 0 appearances since moving to The Blades.

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

How the summit of our ambition has been adjusted!

8 hours ago, 47er said:

How the summit of our ambition has been adjusted!

I have ambition and of course want us to go straight up again from the Championship. I am also realistic though and highly doubt it will happen.

Be fantastic if it does though.

It's dangerous talking about bouncing through the Championship when we're still only third in the division below.

Not long ago we did drop some uneccessary points but overall our form has been excellent after a shabby start. I hope we can bring in Bell before the deadline and Payne is a good little player, he showed that against us a little while back.

25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I have ambition and of course want us to go straight up again from the Championship. I am also realistic though and highly doubt it will happen.

Be fantastic if it does though.

I wasn't criticising you in the slightest, its simply a fact we have to swallow, this is what they have brought us to. Our ambition now is to be promoted to the Championship and hope we can hang in there. Its shameful.

18 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

It's dangerous talking about bouncing through the Championship when we're still only third in the division below.

Not long ago we did drop some uneccessary points but overall our form has been excellent after a shabby start. I hope we can bring in Bell before the deadline and Payne is a good little player, he showed that against us a little while back.

We've still been dropping too many unnecessary points from winning or winnable positions IMO. Northampton, Scunthorpe and Rotherham recent examples - 6 points dropped when winning or presented with a golden opportunity to win against a relegation threatened side - lets hope that it was down to illness etc. and won't be repeating itself in the coming months.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We've still been dropping too many unnecessary points from winning or winnable positions IMO. Northampton, Scunthorpe and Rotherham recent examples - 6 points dropped when winning or presented with a golden opportunity to win against a relegation threatened side - lets hope that it was down to illness etc. and won't be repeating itself in the coming months.

You seem to expect us to win every single game. In the real world, it doesn't happen. Even the very best teams have off days, and we're a long way from being that. Sometimes the opposition play above themselves, it happens in the Premier League too with bottom teams beating those at the top, and sometimes it's down to luck too; we've won a few games that we didn't deserve to. You can't expect the rub of the green all the time. Overall, we've been on a great run after a poor start; let's hope it continues. 

Archived