SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

So hang on, Nixon says we’re after a CM (where we have injuries), and it’ll either be Lowe (previously broke by someone else) and if its not Lowe, it will be somebody else somewhere in the world? Jesus...

118DEB1A-1176-484B-958C-DC4FD2572BBA.png

If the other guy is Herold Goulon I'd rather it be him that Jason Lowe. Anyone but Lowe 

There would be literally no positives or ways of dressing up how bad of an idea his signing would be, I hope it is just a rumour.

I hate the argument that he will be "good enough" at this level, we are going for automatic promotion and the title, we dont need players that are good enough.

Besides, theres literally no evidence that even at this level he would be good enough as he has no attributes to suggest that.

He wouldnt be coming as you say LDRover to cover, a captain last season doesn't come back within a year to make up the numbers, add in his own injury problems and the impact it would have on the fans, its crazy hes even being linked.

Its not an exaggeration or being dramatic to suggest that he could majorly impact and harm our promotion chances.

Just now, LDRover said:

All this talk of cover for Smallwood is irrelevant if J-Lo signs. We all know based on past experience that if he's fit he plays therefore it's imperative to our promotion hopes that he stays the hell away.

Smallwood stepping into that position has shown exactly what we were missing all the time Lowe was playing there. He's everything I thought Lowe might have been when I first read about him years ago.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Smallwood stepping into that position has shown exactly what we were missing all the time Lowe was playing there. He's everything I thought Lowe might have been when I first read about him years ago.

Spot on. 

I really don't want him to come back. When he left, along with a load of other dross, it was good to see the back of them and basically relief that he wouldn't be pulling on the Blue and White again.

Lowe Returning .... what a nightmare !! Hope it’s all Bull ... Terrible Player who thought ? he was too good for us and put his wage packet ahead of trying to help to get his club back to the championship... says it all ... 

18 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Lowe Returning .... what a nightmare !! Hope it’s all Bull ... Terrible Player who thought ? he was too good for us and put his wage packet ahead of trying to help to get his club back to the championship... says it all ... 

Or agent connections? Darren Dein.

Lowe only comes back on 2-3k a ditch of agent. Better than whittingham 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What can Lowe bring to the team for that 150k p/a Dunn? At least Whittingham can pass a ball and has a decent set piece delivery - Lowe has precisely nothing. There was a telling highlight in the Fleetwood game where Dack nicks the ball back in from a defender and Smallwood is already on the move forward and drives at the defence before passing to Graham in the box. I never once saw Lowe do that in nigh on 200 games. The lad's a coward who abdicates responsibility and goes hiding when it gets tough.

9 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

He isn't better than Whittingham.But it doesn't surprise me that you think that.You don't think Mulgrew is cut out for the Championship 

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Better at what? Chess?

It certainly ain't football.

Movement - whitts as I said before he signed was finished have I missed out?

16 minutes ago, LDRover said:

What can Lowe bring to the team for that 150k p/a Dunn? At least Whittingham can pass a ball and has a decent set piece delivery - Lowe has precisely nothing. There was a telling highlight in the Fleetwood game where Dack nicks the ball back in from a defender and Smallwood is already on the move forward and drives at the defence before passing to Graham in the box. I never once saw Lowe do that in nigh on 200 games. The lad's a coward who abdicates responsibility and goes hiding when it gets tough.

Whittagham who's done zero of that thus far? 

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He isn't better than Whittingham.But it doesn't surprise me that you think that.You don't think Mulgrew is cut out for the Championship 

He  slow, technically like most Scots very sound but my exact words centred around his age, fitness record in the championship and resembling a couch. Get the year as I said out of him and punt in the summer. Like lenihan he's never a centre back and neither are built or natural with it. Unless you saw his game at Fleetwood providing different? I saw a route cause and a goal against In what was easily against a shit side? 

For me having Lowe in the middle again would upset the balance of the team now that's developing nicely as the season goes on plus as Mowbray has said in a few weeks if they are all fit we are more than stocked for that area even if most are bit part players.

No way on earth is Lowe better in there than Bennett and if they are going to make a signing for that area lets try and get another along the lines of Smallwood.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Movement - whitts as I said before he signed was finished have I missed out?

Whittagham who's done zero of that thus far? 

He  slow, technically like most Scots very sound but my exact words centred around his age, fitness record in the championship and resembling a couch. Get the year as I said out of him and punt in the summer. Like lenihan he's never a centre back and neither are built or natural with it. Unless you saw his game at Fleetwood providing different? I saw a route cause and a goal against In what was easily against a shit side? 

You'd shell out that cash because he can move? Blimey. 

• Backroom

Lowe being better or worse than Whittingham is irrelevant. All that matters is whether Lowe improves our chances of promotion by signing - answer is a resounding no. I don't care if he wants to come here and play for free, I don't want him anywhere near our squad or the pitch. Nothing against the bloke, I'm sure he tried his best when he was here, but his best was a long, long way from being good enough, and he got paid a hell of a lot of money to help take us from the Premier League to League One. The stench of those horrendous years of mismanagement and questionable contracts has finally started to lift under Mowbray, let's keep it that way. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

So your impressed with Whittingham and considier his capture as value for money at circa 12k pwk?

See DE's post. Not impressed with Whittingham but shelling out more cash on someone who brings absolutely nothing to the party is not the way to go and will be detrimental to us achieving anything this season.

Just now, LDRover said:

See DE's post. Not impressed with Whittingham but shelling out more cash on someone who brings absolutely nothing to the party is not the way to go and will be detrimental to us achieving anything this season.

Whitts at 12k Pwk resembles uncle bostick.

Lowe at a just above a 1.5k wage (league1 ave) would present value? Unless I'm missing the faux pas of Peter Whittingham, Corey Evans?

It's noticeable now that Conway usually has to check back inside to get his cross in. He rarely beats the full back down the line and crosses from the bye-line. I can remember having to do the same in my playing days - your legs lose their spring when you get older and you lose a yard or so of pace. Crossing from the bye-line is much more difficult for defenders to deal with, and of course you're also playing the ball into the path of inrushing forwards. I like Conway - he's a proper footballer, an old school Scottish winger - but his decline means we don't have one forward in the team who can get down the flanks and cross the ball at pace. Still work for Mowbray to do in the transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Lowe at a just above a 1.5k wage (league1 ave) would present value? Unless I'm missing the faux pas of Peter Whittingham, Corey Evans?

Where are you getting that Lowe will come here for 1.5k a week?We shouldn't be bringing him back when If that's the case 

As for Mulgrew not being good enough for the Championship it's utter rubbish and I'd say your in the minority of 1 who thinks that way. 

Disagree with you about Lenihan 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'd pay him that if he promised to go on a round the world cruise and never come back. I don't get it. The aura of defeatism is slowly being lifted at Ewood, we appear to now have players who actually play for Rovers with a smile on their faces once again. 

Lowe was one of the players with most responsibility for our decline, why would anybody want him back ? Smallwood is twice the player Lowe ever was. Whittingham was a bad signing but let's not have another one.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It's noticeable now that Conway usually has to check back inside to get his cross in. He rarely beats the full back down the line and crosses from the bye-line. I can remember having to do the same in my playing days - your legs lose their spring when you get older and you lose a yard or so of pace. Crossing from the bye-line is much more difficult for defenders to deal with, and of course you're also playing the ball into the path of inrushing forwards. I like Conway - he's a proper footballer, an old school Scottish winger - but his decline means we don't have one forward in the team who can get down the flanks and cross the ball at pace. Still work for Mowbray to do in the transfer window. 

I think you'll find Payne will be taking Conway's role if we don't get a flier before the deadline.

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Value for what? The lad's crap, proven crap at that. Why did only Brum want him in the summer and now want shut? Why is he coming cap in hand to the only club that have ever played him after raping us for over a million in undeserved wages over the last 5 years?

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Where are you getting that Lowe will come here for 1.5k a week?We shouldn't be bringing him back when If that's the case 

As for Mulgrew not being good enough for the Championship it's utter rubbish and I'd say your in the minority of 1 who thinks that way. 

Disagree with you about Lenihan 

The fact we are paying bell an increase on 1.5k. It's about our market ATM.

youve yet to  suggest what lenihan is actually good at? Who's looking at this bloke? He's pish.

Mulgrew do you watch games? Especially last year?

Archived