SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LDRover said:

Value for what? The lad's crap, proven crap at that. Why did only Brum want him in the summer and now want shut? Why is he coming cap in hand to the only club that have ever played him after raping us for over a million in undeserved wages over the last 5 years?

Value for money as PW is one of the worst to wear blue and white in that respect. God awful, past it, too slow on easy street for 2 yrs! Wake up LD he needs punting!

Lowe 1.5k - 3k a week an ex international with u21s and you'd not take? Until the summer? Wow

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Value for money as PW is one of the worst to wear blue and white in that respect. God awful, past it, too slow on easy street for 2 yrs! Wake up LD he needs punting!

Lowe 1.5k - 3k a week an ex international with u21s and you'd not take? Until the summer? Wow

Like I said I'd give him that just to stay away from the club.

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

If you're using under 21 caps as a yardstick I give you exhibit A - Nathan Delfouneso. You've still not said what he will bring to the party apart from his ability to run?

I think you get him in the right set up I.e Mowbray five man midfield line up at Brentford last year he will give you closing down, retention of passing in restricted areas and ability to keep it simple. Lads not technically brilliant but you need a type to close down and increase intensity.

not the same delfouneso with a 1/3 or 1/3.5 average for Blackpool? 

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I think you get him in the right set up I.e Mowbray five man midfield line up at Brentford last year he will give you closing down, retention of passing in restricted areas and ability to keep it simple. Lads not technically brilliant but you need a type to close down and increase intensity 

Passing in restricted areas indeed. Give him the ball to play with in a toilet cubicle while rovers get on with promotion. He was cack and stole 20 grand a week from the club.

6 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

The fact we are paying bell an increase on 1.5k. It's about our market ATM.

youve yet to  suggest what lenihan is actually good at? Who's looking at this bloke? He's pish.

Mulgrew do you watch games? Especially last year?

Yeah I go to all home games.Do you?

Lenihan was wanted by sheff utd in the summer,he is hardly going to have interest now when he has been out since the summer is he.

Was listening to Radio lancs last year and the likes of Garner,Gallagher egg where singing his praises and saying they see his position as a centre half.He is also well thought of in the Republic of Ireland set up.Or is that why you don't like him as he is from South Ireland as you like to call it?

Mulgrew didn't play a full season centre half last year he played in midfield a fair bit and we had a shit manager the majority of the season.

I notice you haven't commented on Nyambe lately not one word or praise for his upturn in form?. 

Writing Bell off after watching 1 half of football against premier league opposition. 

17 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

The fact we are paying bell an increase on 1.5k. It's about our market ATM.

youve yet to  suggest what lenihan is actually good at? Who's looking at this bloke? He's pish.

Mulgrew do you watch games? Especially last year?

Have you been taking mind altering substances? Bizarre to suggest that Mulgrew has been anything less than exceptional this season! 

36 minutes ago, LDRover said:

See DE's post. Not impressed with Whittingham but shelling out more cash on someone who brings absolutely nothing to the party is not the way to go and will be detrimental to us achieving anything this season.

The only good thing about the Whittingham signing was that it was a statement of intent. It hasn’t worked out so far but on paper he was a class League One signing. He needs to use his brain a bit more now that his legs are a little more Murphied than he’d probably like.

The thing is, much like Lowe, our midfield play is more about momentum these days - a very welcome change - and I’m not sure that a statuesque cdm is really necessary and would only serve to slow us down. Maybe there are games for him (and Evans) but there is no need for another one.

8 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I think you get him in the right set up I.e Mowbray five man midfield line up at Brentford last year he will give you closing down, retention of passing in restricted areas and ability to keep it simple. Lads not technically brilliant but you need a type to close down and increase intensity.

Closing down? Pass retention?  Increase intensity?!!! Changing the system? Blimey I don't know where to start with that. You advocate changing the system so we can shoehorn him in and cope with his deficiencies? In league 1? Closing down? Have you forgotten the amount of goals we conceded from outside the box with him in there? Pass retention? You mean 5 yards square or backwards to pass the responsibility on? However I do recall him playing in the Brentford game last year, running the ball out of play while under no pressure. As for increasing the intensity in the side, well, words fail me.

44 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Like Area 51?

You think Lenihan is 'pish', you wrote off Smallwood and still don't rate him, you slag off Nyambe whenever you can and now you're bigging up Lowe. Seriously, have a rethink.

• Backroom

I don't want Lowe, I think we can do better, but if he came as back up I wouldn't be too concerned.

What I don't like is the lines in the articles mentioning guaranteed game time!

I've never understood where Lowe got this reputation for being a work horse from really. He wasn't at all. He never did the hard job. He shied away at every opportunity, always played the easy ball even if it meant it put his team mate under pressure and never once stood up and put his neck on the line for the team. I can't remember a single game where I walked off and thought "I'm glad we had Lowe in there today", even during his year as captain.

He brought nothing to the team. Smallwood is 10x the player he is and so is Whittingham. There simply isn't a need for Jason Lowe in this squad as he won't advance us any. Let him go through another relegation with Bimingham City and "do a job" for them in this league next year. I'm far happier with Smallwood, Whittingham, Bennett and even Evans in the middle than I am with that complete and utter waste of space. 

11 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

£20 million or feck off. Not you, them. Especially B*rnl*y. They can just feck off.

Sadly we're going to have to put up with 10 days of this shit, whether there's any truth in it or not.

I hope they were all well represented at Fleetwood on Saturday and saw just what a liability Charlie Boy can be.

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

What can Lowe bring that Travis and Tomlinson haven't got. Your argument suggests sign him because he has legs but those two have legs and a semblance of ability. Signing Lowe would weaken our squad in my opinion.

I think at 1.5k PW I might be inclined to bring Lowe back for a month. With the busy schedule in this division it seems very unlikely the club will be able to whisk the squad away somewhere for some warm weather training and a bit of a bonding session. So 6k seems a very reasonable price to bring him in, pop a collar on him and let him fetch sticks for a month. It would do the confidence the world of good to see the physical embodiment of how far we have come. Hell, for another 6k I'd bring in Myles Anderson to clean to loos and Danny Murphy to stand in the toilets offering lollipops and aftershave.

19 minutes ago, patrickvalery said:

I think at 1.5k PW I might be inclined to bring Lowe back for a month. With the busy schedule in this division it seems very unlikely the club will be able to whisk the squad away somewhere for some warm weather training and a bit of a bonding session. So 6k seems a very reasonable price to bring him in, pop a collar on him and let him chase after sticks for a month. It would do the confidence the world of good to see the physical embodiment of how far we have come. Hell, for another 6k I'd bring in Myles Anderson to clean to loos and Danny Murphy to stand in the toilets offering lollipops and aftershave.

1.5k a week for Lowe is a figure Dunnfc has pulled out of thin air

10 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Whitts at 12k Pwk resembles uncle bostick.

Lowe at a just above a 1.5k wage (league1 ave) would present value? Unless I'm missing the faux pas of Peter Whittingham, Corey Evans?

You're justifying signing a player we know can't play football by saying we already have one who can't play football. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lowe is worse than both Whittingham and Evans and paying him a quarter of the salary of those two doesn't make him suddenly better.   

Archived