Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Henley’s signed for Real Salt Lake 

Looked very promising at one point, hope Nyambe doesnt go the same way.

A sensible sounding Spanish journalist definitely came on Talksport at one stage and said Real Madrid had been tracking him before he'd featured much here. I wasn imagining it.

Whether there's any substance in the Dack stuff or not, once again we've got several people in the media doing their utmost to link our best players with moves away. Every single transfer window this happens and its usually the same culprits putting their names to stories. Doesn't seem to happen half as often at other similar sized clubs. 

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

At the time, 100%.cheap!. We can't be held responsible for what happened at the buying club.

"According to Anderson" Hahaha

Plenty of debate on here over the fee, they wanted him for 10/12m and Venkys fooked them around and finally got 17m with add-ons.

Good money I thought at the time, but with Jones being an apparent Rovers fan, I felt he could have given us another 12 months, but don't blame him for leaving and not playing under that rat for another season.

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Whether there's any substance in the Dack stuff or not, once again we've got several people in the media doing their utmost to link our best players with moves away. Every single transfer window this happens and its usually the same culprits putting their names to stories. Doesn't seem to happen half as often at other similar sized clubs. 

The same happens at every club in fairness 

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Venkys and their agent friends deals to be done in transfer window time.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't see him being sold.  Place is buzzing for the first time in ages.  That would burst in a second if Dack went. 

He'll get a chance at a decent move as he's a good player.  Hopefully that will be when we are in the Championship and his value will be over £10 million then. 

Bang on. I'm old enough to remember how the sale of Pickering destroyed our Championship run. Sale of Dack would almost certainly deflate this one and end the momentum and optimism that has been building up of late.

So ,I'm reassured to some extent by TM's statement but can't ignore the dangers posed by Balaji's trouser pocket.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If

What did we spend the 17 m on, I can't recall.

When planning to sell it's useful to know at what price as it's easy to plan ahead - how much for the Agent, stuff like that.

A black hole - probably a Zurich based black hole.

3 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Signing Harry Chapman would just finish this window off nicely. I understand his contract is up in the summer, small settlement surely. Worth the risk, plenty good enough for the Championship.

No way can we sign a player having surgery on a hamstring injury IMHO. No guarantees at all that he will return the same player.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

No way can we sign a player having surgery on a hamstring injury IMHO. No guarantees at all that he will return the same player.

And that's how other clubs felt about Lenihan in the summer, I assume.

“It’s important to tell the supporters that he was desperate to come weeks ago but it just got stuck in the mud a little bit"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15889255.A__delighted__Tony_Mowbray_on_Rovers_securing_the_signature_of_full_back_Amari_i_Bell/?ref=mac

Mogga hitting back @Leonard Venkhater and his scurrilous anti-Bell songs ;)

Just now, JayDee said:

Birmingham in talks with Lowe about cancelling his contract ready for his return. I'm hoping this is my mate winding me up but he's an avid blue nose and he usually has spot on info. 

Hmmm There was something on one of Big Club's fan sites about Redknapp only signing him, as a favour to an agent.. eek

The whole saga with Lowe over the summer was strange. Out of contract here, quite obvious that there wasn't a queue for his services, then all of a sudden at the end of the window Birmingham come in for him, now they're on about paying him off in January? Why? Are they that desperate to get rid of him?

Something just doesn't sit right with me about all this. Maybe its the Redknapp factor or something else. A bizarre set of events.

Archived