BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He was asked the question about interest/bids for Dack. As always he answered it honestly as he does. 

As far as I am aware Mowbray is in charge of football matters and the owners have left him to run that side of club. Mowbray has said about the type of players he wants and why he wants permanent signings. He said Owners happy with this model. 

Why would they change it?

Have you not learned anything since the takeover.. As far as you are aware.. Ha ha ha ha ha 

What TM and the people who got him the gig, the carpet baggers Balaji and pashas dubious friends want are highly likely not the same thing.. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This is very positive and exciting news. In Tony we trust. 

....    "exciting news" from the same (much rubbished) source that says Lowe might be coming back.

Selective reading methinks

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/23/report-jason-lowe-hopes-to-quit-birmingham-city-and-make-blackbu/

Not that it happened anyway... but Norwich have just signed Moritz Lietner on loan until the end of the season from Borussia Dortmund. Attacking midfielder...

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

....    "exciting news" from the same (much rubbished) source that says Lowe might be coming back.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/23/report-jason-lowe-hopes-to-quit-birmingham-city-and-make-blackbu/

One article penned by Peter O'Rourke who was first to Amari Bell, Whittingham and Dack - the other not by him 

4 hours ago, Pedro said:

Very true. We saw what happened to Lowe. After a very lengthy and complicated injury, he was left with the inability to pass the ball forwards.

Yeah they removed his foot to fix it from only passing 3 yards to one side but when they reattached it it was pointing the wrong way so he could only run around in circles.

Just now, Tom said:

One article penned by Peter O'Rourke who was first to Amari Bell, Whittingham and Dack - the other not by him 

Jockey or the horse? The horse in this case is the journalistic equivalent of a nag appearing at a NH flapping track in mid-January

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Peter O'Rourke tweeted it and is a reliable source. Keep up like a good man. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Peter O'Rourke tweeted it and is a reliable source. Keep up like a good man. 

That website has more fliers (speculative stories) than a busy day at Heathrow. One or two of them out of many hundreds might be true. Websites like that might make for fun reading but shouldn't be taken seriously. 

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Not that it happened anyway... but Norwich have just signed Moritz Lietner on loan until the end of the season from Borussia Dortmund. Attacking midfielder...

Clubs are after Maddison from them so might be looking for more players he may play deeper than Dack tho. And they seem to be going down the foreign route at the moment anyway.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Chaddy, you can’t pretend that the Rao’s or the advisors in control haven’t sold players from behind the managers back before.

Equally, those suggesting it as a possibility, cannot pretend that the scenario (namely wage budget to turnover) is not different to previous times.  I’m not 100% on the figures but I’m pretty sure we have a much more realistic wage budget compared to the ridiculous business done upon relegation. I’m quite convinced we aren’t still paying players long gone, still paying managers off and I’m also convinced the general squad is much cheaper than recent times.

If Dack goes for anything but a stupid bid, I’m sure I’d be in a long line of fans following Tony out the Ewood doors.

On 1st part you are right and cant disagree. 

I'm pleased with the squad we are building here and the type of players we have here. All positive at the minute under Mowbray

55 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Very good news. 

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

So nothing on Rothwell then?

Mowbray keep his plans quiet. Rightly so. Expect him to sign shortly imo with Chapman making his loan deal here permenant. 

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd keep Wharton and loan Platt out.

Wharton for me needs game time. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

On 1st part you are right and cant disagree. 

I'm pleased with the squad we are building here and the type of players we have here. All positive at the minute under Mowbray

Very good news. 

Mowbray keep his plans quiet. Rightly so. Expect him to sign shortly imo with Chapman making his loan deal here permenant. 

Wharton for me needs game time. 

Why do expect Rothwell to sign?Not saying it won't happen but it was one tweet?As someone else said you can't just think every story is true when it's a positive move but think it's bull if it's a negative move 

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why do expect Rothwell to sign?Not saying it won't happen but it was one tweet?

Wholly unrelated, but the name sounds similar, Jack Rodwell can’t find a club, just had a trial cancelled in Dutch league.  Cheeky loan bid may better value than another young prospect.  We do have a track record in resurrecting wayward careers and this lad could play a bit - I know he’s on mega bucks, but Sunderland want shut of his contract, he wants to play.  

51 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why do expect Rothwell to sign?Not saying it won't happen but it was one tweet?As someone else said you can't just think every story is true when it's a positive move but think it's bull if it's a negative move 

It wasnt just one tweet tho. 

Oxford local paper journo reported aswell. Seen his tweet on twitter. 

Plus the Pete O'Rourke seems to have the inside story on us.

I said on the Mowbray it/out thread recently I had u-turned. I had for months championed a move for Simon Grayson the moment he left Sunderland. I'm now buying into what he's saying. The quotes on Dack are for me perfect. If he is allowed to run this club without interference from Venkys he will do us proud. 

Rodwell would be a big no from me terrible attitude can't even be bothered to play for a club who are paying him £ 70k a week.

Plus with a a year still to go after this one and no relegation pay drop i could see him sitting on his 70k a week for another year possibly in league one.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It wasnt just one tweet tho. 

Oxford local paper journo reported aswell. Seen his tweet on twitter. 

Plus the Pete O'Rourke seems to have the inside story on us.

I read his tweet too and no disrespect to the guy but it was just the same thing said as Pete O'Rourke.He could have as much inside info as the guy from the telegraph here...diddly squat.I don't know much about this Rothwell fella but isn't he injured at the moment?

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He was asked a direct question about Dack so to ignore it or refuse to say anything it would only fuel the rumours.

Can you imagine Kenny doing that? 

He owned the media, Mowbray could learn a thing or two. 

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I read his tweet too and no disrespect to the guy but it was just the same thing said as Pete O'Rourke.He could have as much inside info as the guy from the telegraph here...diddly squat.I don't know much about this Rothwell fella but isn't he injured at the moment?

Out since end of Dec 2017 with hamstring tear. He's not been a regular in first team but with 4 goals in 12 games (all competition) that's not too bad.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

That website has more fliers (speculative stories) than a busy day at Heathrow. One or two of them out of many hundreds might be true. Websites like that might make for fun reading but shouldn't be taken seriously. 

Cmon Jim ..no worse than you saying Smallwood was a poor mans Jason Lowe ..

Archived