BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Magloire looked like a very decent prospect. It will be very interesting to see how he progresses.

To be honest Stuart, he's hardly played this season for the Under-23's.  Last Friday was his first game in ages.  Doyle, Wharton, Platt and Grayson usually play as the centre-backs in either a back four or back three.  It'll be interesting to see if Tyler is kept on in the summer having played so little football this season.  I agree, he looked a decent prospect and again, on Friday, showed he is a decent player.  However, Doyle, Platt and Grayson, in particular, have been outstanding this season and with Wharton also available, it's difficult to see how Tyler gets a game at the moment when everyone is fit.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

To be honest Stuart, he's hardly played this season for the Under-23's.  Last Friday was his first game in ages.  Doyle, Wharton, Platt and Grayson usually play as the centre-backs in either a back four or back three.  It'll be interesting to see if Tyler is kept on in the summer having played so little football this season.  I agree, he looked a decent prospect and again, on Friday, showed he is a decent player.  However, Doyle, Platt and Grayson, in particular, have been outstanding this season and with Wharton also available, it's difficult to see how Tyler gets a game at the moment when everyone is fit.

Parson you've seen a lot of Wharton this season presumably. Do you think he's ready for the 1st team?

11 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Parson you've seen a lot of Wharton this season presumably. Do you think he's ready for the 1st team?

Difficult to say but his form has been a little indifferent of late.  However, until they are thrown in you never know.  With Mulgrew and Platt both injured I suspect Williams will be used in a central position rather than Scott.  It makes sense for Scott to go out on loan and play first team football rather than stay here playing for the Under-23's.  

West Ham have had an £18m bid for Fulham's Tom Cairney rejected, according to Sky sources - their second attempt at buying the player.

The Hammers' latest offer for a top target follows a £15m offer that was made last week.

Sky Sports News understands West Ham were told they are wasting their time and not even an offer of £40m would be considered

Just now, Lancaster Rover said:

40 million quid, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Suppose it depends how serious Fulham are of getting promotion. If they are determined to go up and confident of achieving it then it makes some sense to flatly reject all bids for their better players, especially given the time constraints with the window closing in less than 2 days so no chance of sourcing a replacement.

Worst case scenario is they don't go up and then sell him in the summer for £18 million. His value isn't going to decrease much in the next few months unless he picks up a serious injury.

We weren't serious about getting promotion hence we willingly and actively offloaded every quality player we had, many of whom, Cairney included, were sold at a price below what they were really worth.

I recall a lot of people supporting the decision but to me it was a ridiculous decision at the time and so it has proved with his valuation. If Venkys had any sense they would spot that he has increased in value by £15 million in the space of 2 years and think it might be worth hanging on to better players in future.

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Magloire looked like a very decent prospect. It will be very interesting to see how he progresses.

Completely agree on this lad. Let's hope he kicks on. I've seen him have some outstanding games . I've also seen him be destroyed by Stockport county's front line but one to watch for sure

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Read some journo say Cairney is desperate to get out of Fulham. I presume we have got a sell-on. Could be worth anything up to £5m to us if he goes for silly money.

Possibly his only chance of getting to the Premier League. He's 27 now and still hasn't made it to the top division. West Ham a bigger club and presumably much more money on offer than Fulham.

Expect his agent will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of a mega money transfer too and will be advising accordingly.....

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Read some journo say Cairney is desperate to get out of Fulham. I presume we have got a sell-on. Could be worth anything up to £5m to us if he goes for silly money.

Let's hope we have a sell on!

I've seen it reported that he does want to leave for West Ham but he only signed a new deal in the summer when the Geordies were sniffing around. I did read that he wouldn't try and force a move.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Let's hope we have a sell on!

I've seen it reported that he does want to leave for West Ham but he only signed a new deal in the summer when the Geordies were sniffing around. I did read that he wouldn't try and force a move.

Well lets hope he shows some moral fortitude and does try and force a move! For our sake if not his own.

Just now, JHRover said:

Possibly his only chance of getting to the Premier League. He's 27 now and still hasn't made it to the top division. West Ham a bigger club and presumably much more money on offer than Fulham.

Expect his agent will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of a mega money transfer too and will be advising accordingly.....

I read in today's paper that West Ham are also trying to get Morgan Schneiderlin on loan. It'll in case Cairney won't move.

Archived