BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, Gumbi said:

Scott Wharton has gone on loan to Lincoln City until the end of the season.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/january/wharton-heads-out-on-loan/

So Ward and Wharton out. Leaves us with a currently injured Mulgrew, Downing, Williams, Lenihan when he returns and Platt? Enough/good enough?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JacknOry said:

So Ward and Wharton out. Leaves us with a currently injured Mulgrew, Downing, Williams, Lenihan when he returns and Platt? Enough/good enough?

Personally, I wouldn't say so no. I guess the plan is 'keeganesque' and we're going to batter all that comes before us between now and season's end.

Feck me, I'm looking forward to it, prepare to be entertained!

12 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a CB on loan. Wharton was always going, originally to Doncaster but unexceptionally the phone rang with MK Dons wanting Ward delaying things.

• Backroom

Honestly heard nothing of note about Wright until very recently, seems odd that he's the cream of the crop but never really got mentioned much 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Honestly heard nothing of note about Wright until very recently, seems odd that he's the cream of the crop but never really got mentioned much 

Yeah, must have something though if prem clubs are sniffing. At least it was not t to Everton who dumped him off in the first place. 

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah, must have something though if prem clubs are sniffing. At least it was not t to Everton who dumped him off in the first place. 

Two reporters ,including Graham Baily ,have said on twitter that he will be playing premier league football soon. Crazy,seems like he literally appeared from nowhere a few months back 

Disappointing to lose a top young player. Like Mahoney and others, one can only conclude that his head has been turned by money and agents and family. He would almost certainly have got a better chance of earlier and regular first team football at Ewood. Unless he is outstanding, he will find it very difficult to break into a Premier League club's starting XI

Just now, darrenrover said:

Got to be as a consequence of Agents' favours. There are much better keepers on display every week at Blacksnape.

Let's all get down to Blacksnape. Better players than the pros ! 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Two reporters ,including Graham Baily ,have said on twitter that he will be playing premier league football soon. Crazy,seems like he literally appeared from nowhere a few months back 

Think he was let go from Everton for being small. Probably grown a bit since then. I think Tom Cairney had a similar story.  Looks very skillfull from the highlights I've seen and with the ability to go past players.  Seems like the club did everything they could to tie him down. In the end there is little you can do when the player won't sign. Bigger clubs always feed of the smaller ones, we've done the same with Payne and Bell so can't really complain.

Still you don't know whether how he will turn out. Robbie Cotton was supposed to be the next Gerrard, but not sure he plays football anymore.

Hope we have some sell on fees in there if he is so highly rated. When goes for a world record fee to Real Madrid in 3 years time, 10% of his billion transfer fee might just clear the bulk of our debt. Or...likely just line the pockets of the Venksters.

Archived