SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Your source directly contradicts Rich Sharpe who says we were definitely never interested in him 

For those asking, Devante Cole was definitely not someone who #Rovers were looking to bring in.

Oh yeah 

Didnt Rich Sharpe say Rovers want a CEO then a couple of weeks later we appointed a CEO. 

2 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Does not matter if they close it he was/is s free agent before the deadline so anyone can sign him up after the deadline has gone.

Just when you thought the window closing would be the end of the discussion.

If this doesn’t pave the way for a reunion with Bowyer then it says everything.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh yeah 

Didnt Rich Sharpe say Rovers want a CEO then a couple of weeks later we appointed a CEO. 

Thereby demonstrating his credibility? I feel like you were trying to make a different point, but I can't see how.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Thereby demonstrating his credibility? I feel like you were trying to make a different point, but I can't see how.

He meant Rich Sharpe said that we didn't want a CEO and then one was appointed.

In fairness the let hardly ever break transfer news these days and most the transfer stories they do run are second hand.

9 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Now that the window has slammed shut how would people feel about an athletic defensive midfielder who at 26 has 176 games at premier league or championship level on a free whst with an impending ban upcoming for the king?

26 ball winning tackles in total in those 176 games - we'll pass thanks.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh yeah 

Chaddy you just believe anything you read on twitter no matter what stupid account it comes from, at least you can relax and chill out a bit now until the summer before getting all worked up and excited again over the transfer window like a kid at Christmas. Just enjoy the rest of the season now pal and chill out that's a good boy ;):lol: 

40 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nothing official from Brum on Lowe. Mischief making?

Haha there's no chance he's coming after the local Birmingham rag voted him man of the match against Huddersfield in the FA Cup at the weekend. "First time sweeping pass" "Lovely diagonal" not buying that for a second, SIGN HIM UP SIGN HIM UP SIGN HIM UP :lol: :lol: 

IMG_9065.PNG

Nothing else exciting then?

Quality window for us I reckon.

Can’t say I’m too fussed about Devante Cole whether if it’s true we were in for him or not...

If he was called Devante Smith no one would be interested at all from what I’ve seen and heard.

Welp, now I’ve said that I’m off the bookies to put a tenner on him scoring the winning goal against us in a few weeks time.

7 hours ago, Butty said:

Chaddy you just believe anything you read on twitter no matter what stupid account it comes from, at least you can relax and chill out a bit now until the summer before getting all worked up and excited again over the transfer window like a kid at Christmas. Just enjoy the rest of the season now pal and chill out that's a good boy ;):lol: 

The thing is Im always chill out. Dont get stress anything in life. And deffo not a transfer window. 

Apologies for interrupting the Jason Lowe thread but...

After so many catastrophic windows not forgetting the utter farce of January 2011(anyone coming in via a loan from Red Star Belgrade or an agent's kicker worth three times more than the player?), this window was off the scale good.

- no first team players we didn't want to lose out and in fact not even any serious scares

- signed three players who look like they can be absolute stars at this level

- business done early

This is unreal. 

A strange move loaning out Wharton. He must be starting to think what he has to do to be given a chance here. Mulgrew gets injured, Ward leaves and he's still down the pecking order enough to leave the club.

Who does Mulgrew have more confidence in? Putting Nyambe there and playing Caddis? I'd hardly be inspired with a Williams/Nyambe centre half partnership if the worst happened.

Archived