Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Swings and roundabouts to be fair

Plus smaller clubs need to build their squads. Not every team can spend stupid money like the top 4-6 

I didn't say I was against the loan system but that it can advantage or disadvantage teams in the same league. What if Elliot Ward scored the winner against Wigan or Shrewsbury and one of them two missed automatic promotion by one point? His parent club would be the team benefiting from this.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I didn't say I was against the loan system but that it can advantage or disadvantage teams in the same league. What if Elliot Ward scored the winner against Wigan or Shrewsbury and one of them two missed automatic promotion by one point? His parent club would be the team benefiting from this.

What if Martians landed on Blackburn golf course? lol

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Ya,that would be fantastic. 

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Scott needs first team football at the moment as his form has dipped this season.  At the moment I'd rather play Williams at CB than Scott looking at Scott's performances over the past few weeks.  Experience in League Two will only benefit him for the future.  On his present form I can understand why Mowbray would be reluctant to throw him into the first team.

Who has he played for over the past few weeks? One game against Boro?

• Backroom
2 hours ago, arbitro said:

One thing in general that surprises me is that clubs are allowed to loan players to clubs in the same league thus strengthening other teams for games against their relegation or promotion rivals. Rochdale have to play Wigan twice so what if we had loaned them two or three players who played an integral part in denying Wigan some points. I didn't keep up with all the deadline day deals but at one time Swansea were linked with three loans from other PL clubs.

I just don't see it as fair.

Perhaps Downing was an attempt by MK Dons to weaken us that backfired?

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I'd advise them to aim left on the 1st as it's out of bounds all down the right hand side.

And mind the craft's legs don't go down one of the small holes. I have no trouble staying out of them, myself.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

That's sometimes the idea of it. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If graham stays fit, I think he could lead the line in the Championship. Look at Glenn Murray. Is he much better than Graham? 

I completely agree with the sentiment and I do believe he's good enough for the Championship. But relying on him to stay fit and be our main source of goals next season would be risky. 

Brighton have Tomer Hemed (and now Ulloa back on loan) who can come in and do a similar job to Murray. They don't need to change their shape when Murray is unavailable, plus they're of a similar standard.

Samuel isn't pulling up any trees in this league, but is a different option. Then Nuttall is still young and learning his trade. We'd need a strong number 9, capable of scoring regularly at Championship level, to come in to challenge Graham. 

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

See that Matt mills was released by forest, wouldn’t be worst idea to get him in on a pay as you play deal until end of the season in case Mulgrew gets crocked again which by all accounts is likely 

Mulgrew, Downing, Lenihan, Williams, Nyambe

Why fork out more wages for a guy to be our 6th center half?  We have Bell to cover for Williams and Caddis & Travis to cover for Nyambe. 

Not sure what Forest were playing at with their business yesterday. Seems rather pointless given they won't be going up and don't look likely to get sucked into a relegation battle. To sign so many players on deadline day seems odd for a club entrenched in mid-table.

Could turn out to be a masterstroke or it could be a disastrous policy of chopping the squad up mid-season when confidence around the place is fragile. They've certainly brought in experience but that guarantees nothing in the Championship.

Archived